used tire question..55 profile too big? had to get their used tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

used tire question..55 profile too big? had to get their used tires

i have 18in x 8 wheels on a fusion and went to have them put on these 235/55/18's i found....they told me no....i bought their used ones.
    Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
    Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

stock size is 235/45/18...i really wanted 50 profile....just havent found that and only found 55 profile on fb marketplace...i just dont like the look of the lower profile...im a sedan driving dude who wants jeep tires
    Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
    Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

Only reason I could imagine them turning you down is because messing with the overall diameter throws off your speedometer accuracy, and their management doesn't allow liability for that (I once had Firestone refuse to simply remove and throw away used drag slicks that came on some OEM wheels I bought). Or maybe the tire rubbing on suspension components becomes an issue? If you want more sidewall (which is understandable, it's more comfortable), get smaller wheels if the car allows, so you can maintain the stock overall diameter. Anyway, a Fusion forum would be better help for you.

On a side note, holy hell sedans have gotten big for that size tire to be stock!
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-09-2022, 08:29 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

ty…i thought i posted in off topic…my mistake…ppl here are more enlightened than random forums ive passed through

Comment

Working...
        X