91 EX 5spd vs 350Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 EX 5spd vs 350Z

I usually don't race but Sunday was an exception. I have a 91 ex 5sp with a SRI, p12 and was running fresh with a seafoam and 91 octane gas cocktail. It was a cool clear night in the mid 50s so my car was running very well.

I was heading up Branch ave from waldorf with my 2 sons about 8:30 pm on Sunday night trying to get home in time to see The Wire series finale and I was behind a black 350 with tints. He was running at a good clip so I stayed with him.

At Iverson mall I stopped beside him at the red light and just glanced over. He looked back and the light changed so he jumped pulling about 3/4 car on me so I pulled off kinda easy (my clutch is worn), then stomp it in 1st and wind it up to like 5000 revs as my intake growled and I grabbed second, BOOM pulled 1/2 car on him as I wound it up again and hit third where I stayed in front till the next stop light. My sun was grinning from ear to ear and yelled, "you beat him, you beat the z". I love the way my cars sounds at full throttle

I must have stunned him and it mighta been an auto because it wasn't even supposed to be close. I'm sure he didn't expect to get trounced by an accord which is why at the next light he stayed back to line up with me again but there were cars in my lane so it would not be.

My sons and I basked in the afterglow of my victory the remainder of the ride home. I even called my brother with the gto to tell him of my exploits. It's like hitting a jumper over one of your favorite NBA players. You might not have his money or fame but you beat him and even if it's only once, you can boldly say you did it!
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

Auto/manual 350z still faster. Manuals are 14 sec car as for auto should be around there if not low 15.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

umm he maybe started in 3rd. but with the f22 then you dont stand a chance. even if he spun thro 1st and missed 3rd he should still walk away from a f22 easy without even trying. hell i dont dont even have to go into vtec to rape a i/h/e f22. matter of fact i raced a f22 with a sri and i didnt even have to try. not being a dick or anything but ive seen 350z quarter mile time and there in the high to mid 14s.

Comment

bs post

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Did you guys read the thread? We all know who's faster here. My point is that I beat him when he should have easily beat me. We tried to go again but traffic wasn't having it.
          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
            bs post
            Call it what you like but it is what it is. I don't have any reason to lie to you all about something like this.

><((((º>

Comment

The street isn't a track. There are a million variables at play.

Here we go with the "you couldn't POSSIBLY have done that" because 1/4 mile times say they are impossible B.S.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Z's are overrated. Fun, but still not as fast as their reputation. I have heard of ones breaking into the thirteens stock though, but have yet to see solid proof.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit

Here we go with the "you couldn't POSSIBLY have done that" because 1/4 mile times say they are impossible B.S.
                  Thank you.

I think the guy was toying with me and got stunned. I'm sure he was more alert for the next round. I swung on 'em and he dropped.

><((((º>

Comment

racing with your kids in the car is just plain stupid, selfish and you should grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                      racing with your kids in the car is just plain stupid, selfish and you should grow up.
                      The speed limit is 50 where we were and there is no law against getting up to the speed limit as fast as you can. I didn't break a wheel so there was no reckless. Thanks for your input though

><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1
                        The speed limit is 50 where we were and there is no law against getting up to the speed limit as fast as you can. I didn't break a wheel so there was no reckless. Thanks for your input though
                        its not about the law, its about driving to endanger with inocent kids in the car that think its the cool thing to do, until you hit something, or someone and hurt them or youself. plain simple.......drive how you want but not with little ones in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit

thats why i run exactly the way i would run on street as i do when im at a track. so what your saying is, my car runs 14s in a quarter at the track agianst a car that runs 12 in a quarter on the track. even on the street i would get raped and quarter mile times dont matter. yeah sure. whatever you say
                          Last edited by whatever210; 03-12-2008, 12:54 PM.

Comment

There is no way that you could have possibly come close to beating him if this was an actual 'race'. I guess if your definition of race means the other guy had no idea you wanted to race sure it works. how can you be so stupid to think that this car would actually lose against your auto f whatever. get real

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                              its not about the law, its about driving to endanger with inocent kids in the car that think its the cool thing to do, until you hit something, or someone and hurt them or youself. plain simple.......drive how you want but not with little ones in the car.
                              You can hit something backing out of your driveway. Endangering innocent kids,how? By getting up to the speed limit on a highway? If that's the case, parents shouldn't be allowed to drive on the highway with kids in the car. Let's be realistic. Your speaking as if I was tearing through some residential area with a 40 oz in one hand and my kid hangin out the window. I quickly got up to the legal limit on a straight flat road and no cars in front of me. Except the z for a little brief period

><((((º>

Comment

Working...
                              X