ZC-CRX w/weight reductions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZC-CRX w/weight reductions.

So I was picking up my girlfriend from her house and my friend drove too (Z28 camaro). Sitting on the side of the street was a couple of kids who were smoking. Yes these kids were obviously under 18 but still puffin away like no ones business. Anyway they ask me if I want to race a CRX of their friends, I'm like "sure what's done to it?" since my car is fully gutted and I did the F22B engine swap. They claimed that their buddies car weighs "the same as a motorcycle" and it's "super fast."

So he calls his buddy up and he comes over, I'm talking to him before we head out and he has the ZC block for the CRX and some performance head, intake, exhaust, short throw shifter, suspension goodies, wheels (17s) and his trunk was gutted.... His car does not weigh "like a motorcycle," NOT ONE BIT LOL. So we take off through the neighbor hood and leave to the main street. We're doing like 35-40 and his friend says "on three!" "one, two, THREE!" So were taking off and were neck and neck. Were comming up on a stop light and me personally when I see a stop light turn yellow I slow up a bit, I'm paranoid, so I tap the breaks to make sure it's clear but he keeps going. We both pass the intersection and I catch up with him again.

This time were doing the same speed and we go for it. Were about neck and neck and I pull on him, A LOT Were doing about 80 in a 40 zone and I notice that his lane has a car in it.

***OK road description--- This is a 5 lane road, two one way and two the other with one shared turn lane.***

I start to slow down when I notice that he has a car in his lane and HE FU$*ING goes into the turn lane and passes this truck at about 90 and keeps going! It's insane.

This kid was like 16 or 17 and drove like sh$*. I'm all for testing our cars out but he did not know how to drive / race / handle his car at all. The sad part is of all this, I beat him. It was close from 35-40 up to about 60-65, but after that I just pulled on him and he didn't even know when to stop.
    Been a long time. Still alive...

very nice kill,
    depending on trim/year, the CRX could have been well under 2000lbs

I hope the kid with the CRX gets pulled over and loses his licence before he kills himself.

Comment

Do you have pics of the gutted interior?
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
        Do you have pics of the gutted interior?
        Mine or his?

Comment

Here is mine.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
            Here is mine.

That's dope as he'll meng. Get kirky seats, and roll bar setup , what other mods do u have to ur f22b, do u got a mr thread
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Here is mine.

even gutted like that.our cars are STILL HEAVY.we could gut our cars to a dash and seats and a civic without back seats would still weigh less.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

yeah but we have torque and we are underestimated to the fullest when we lack vtec, little do they know.....

Comment

Why gut teh dash and leave the door pannels? IS this a daily? Looks kind of dumb to me...
                  Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                    Why gut teh dash and leave the door pannels? IS this a daily? Looks kind of dumb to me...
                    Well, it's not your car, so who cares?
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Here is mine.

Your car is about 815 kg I heard from Deev, right?

A CRX is about 840 kg, so it's quite equal to eachother.

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                      My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        Well, it's not your car, so who cares?
                        I do. I was just seeing what his reasoning was.

No way this is lighter than a crx... BUT if I'm wrong then nice.
                        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                          I do. I was just seeing what his reasoning was.

No way this is lighter than a crx... BUT if I'm wrong then nice.
                          yeah.everyone's an expert these days

Comment

i walked a few CRXs with my F22b 4 door on full interior ... 2 of which were running ZCs simply because they couldnt drive. That is alot of weight reduction for a DD but he prolly left the door panels to hold the window switches and inner door handles in place

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92 View Post
                              i walked a few CRXs with my F22b 4 door on full interior ... 2 of which were running ZCs simply because they couldnt drive. That is alot of weight reduction for a DD but he prolly left the door panels to hold the window switches and inner door handles in place
                              Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a little bit. Your exactly right. I kept the front door panels (FOR NOW!) because I haven't figured out a clean way to retain the window switches and door handles. I like pulling a lever and not a piece of metal wire. That and I like to have a place to keep my license and registration and insurance paperwork. That stuff is important.

Yes this is my daily driver, and it's going to get a bit more crazy. theres lots of stuff I'd like to get taken out before I'll consider it being "done."

I have to admit that the ZC CRX is quick. He was nose and nose with me for a while up to about 65-70 but after that I started to pull.

Comment

Working...
                              X