This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 h22accord vs. STI

well, my wife was on the phone with me today while she raced a blue wrx STI. she was paying her speeding ticket that she got in my car and was on the way home and was talking to me (telling me that the CHP station was closed) and all of a sudden i hear the phone drop. all i heard at first was wind and then i heard the h reving higher and higher. i stayed quite to listen...my first thoughts were that i was going to hear screaching and then BOOM! (accident or something), but then she got back on and was like, "hell yeah!" i asked her, "you raced someone, hah?" she said, "yeup, an STI". i asked how she did, and she was like, "i killed 'em!" my first impression was, no way. but i've already beaten a very slightly modified SRT-4...so i figured she had at least a chance at keeping up with the STI. she told me the whole story using her hands as models . at the end of it all...she said that she had him by like a car when he finally gave up (red light...and embarrasement).

she said that she saw him creepin' up a couple of lights back and then when they finally came to this light, he pulled up to her (while she was on the phone with me) and she saw him look over, they both took off kinda quick, and she started to speed up, then he sped up...so it was on from there. he started pulling on her, then she down shifted and mashed the gas and she said she just pulled like no tomorrow on that fooh. she was at the top of 3rd gear when they quit.

okay, what i have: 92 accord 4dr. with jdm h22; h22 with built and milled (shaved) head, JG bored throttle body, DC headers, short ram intake, 2 day old cat back exhaust(RS*R exmag...sleeper baby), chipped P13 ecu with a 9k rev limit (hence the built head) and 5k vtec, and stage 3 clutch.

i was proud of both of my babies

-Los
    VQ35 POWAH!

*Not calling bs*

But my good friend tells me that his 1997 Prelude SH with CAI/E cannot beat a SRT-4?
    Whats the deal how fast are they compared to the H?

Just wondering btw congrats to ur babies for the hella cool kill! :-D

-Zipcreature
    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

accord with h is a lot faster than lude. imo ludes are slow also cars with out swaps are slow like a 99 ex civic with b16 will kill a si
      www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkid
        accord with h is a lot faster than lude. imo ludes are slow also cars with out swaps are slow like a 99 ex civic with b16 will kill a si
        thank you.

and that should answer your questions zipcreature

just to give you an idea...

my weight is 2857 lbs. and power is -approx.- 210 fwhp/165 tq (ft/lbs.)

put that against the STI's 3263 lbs. and -approx.- 255 awhp/255 tq (ft/lbs.)

now add the fact that there were two guys (i forgot she said that there was a pass. with the dood) in the STI and a 120 lb. girl in my car...that makes my car about 2980 and theirs about 3620...that's a BIG weight diff. given his awd and tq...off the line, that would be a different story, but top speed and out running him...advantage, mine for now. i will never know though until i test it out
        VQ35 POWAH!

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
          But my good friend tells me that his 1997 Prelude SH with CAI/E cannot beat a SRT-4?
          yeah, but losimus also has headwork done and other modifications that your buddies lude doesn't have. plus, its JDM and its just fast like that

i believe it.. because the STIs are running mid 13s stock (with magazine drivers).. and i'm sure an h22 cb7 with a mild build can hit close to those times. it really sounds like this is a drivers race.. and he obviously didn't have the skill it took to beat his wife in the 14 year old family car

good kill

edit: yeah, and with your car being that light.. the weight definitely makes a difference. is it a DX model or what?

Comment

plus do you know how much the 97-00 prelude weighs?

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Originally posted by losimus
              thank you.

and that should answer your questions zipcreature

just to give you an idea...

my weight is 2857 lbs. and power is -approx.- 210 fwhp/165 tq (ft/lbs.)

put that against the STI's 3263 lbs. and -approx.- 255 awhp/255 tq (ft/lbs.)

now add the fact that there were two guys (i forgot she said that there was a pass. with the dood) in the STI and a 120 lb. girl in my car...that makes my car about 2980 and theirs about 3620...that's a BIG weight diff. given his awd and tq...off the line, that would be a different story, but top speed and out running him...advantage, mine for now. i will never know though until i test it out

An STI puts out 300HP @ 6000 and 300ft tq @ 4000.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2004.html

So I am comparing 210hp to 300hp and 165tq to 300tq. I'm not calling BS, but I think I am going to call bad driver and over weighted. Plus STI's will do 0-60 in 4.9 sec. I don't think I have ever heard of an Accord doing that

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
                An STI puts out 300HP @ 6000 and 300ft tq @ 4000.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2004.html

So I am comparing 210hp to 300hp and 165tq to 300tq. I'm not calling BS, but I think I am going to call bad driver and over weighted. Plus STI's will do 0-60 in 4.9 sec. I don't think I have ever heard of an Accord doing that
                The STi's power is rated at the flywheel before the drivetrain. The h22's power was to the wheels. Redo your calculations Not to mention he clearly stated it was from a roll. I believe it, haven't had a chance at one but i believe it
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

the STI most likely had a bad driver behind the wheel and therefore that explains the kill. STI's are fast tho, i've been in one and they fly. so do h22's tho.
                  Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Weight is the killer of all. For example if your striped a VW golf with a litely modded 1.8t it would easily hit 14s. When things are heavy it kills time. The old rule of thumb is 100lbs=.1 of a sec. so someone do the math.

Comment

fine i'll do the math

Judging off phatdoughnuts 14.4 time with 190whp add 20whp and the ability to rev higher for losimus' car and that would be around a 13.8-13.9 respectively. The Sti can hit 13.3's or lower sometimes. Take the AWD 1.7 60fts out of the equation because this was from a roll and add .4 seconds to his overall time and he's running about a 13.7. The weight difference makes up for the rest. Losimus, tell your girl good kill.
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I spanked a regular WRX with only an intake and exhaust on my H22a, and that was from about 80mph to 115mph, I did that 3 times on I-40, but with a built head I can see this story being true, Good Kill I hope to say I have done the same thing by the end of the summer.
                        JDM H22a
                        P2T4 tranny
                        I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
                        16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
                        nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
                        custom short throw shifter
                        Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
                        Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
                        Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

Nice Los! I love when my girl tries to race! Of course, she drives a bone stock Civic LX, and can't drive stick yet...

I've actually held my own with an STi at 60+ myself... My H22 is far less modified than yours too! I just have the CAI, crush-bent catback, and a UR crank pulley (the cam gears are still in the basement ) Those cars are monsters off the line, but the AWD kills them on the highway.

Comment

thank you fellahs! and believe me, i did give the wife props. she DOES know how to drive, i mean hell...she was driving before me, and i showed her how to "race" (dump the clutch)...so i have no doubt in her abilities.

and to accordanimal...you were using the STI's FLYWHEEL horsepower to my WHEEL horsepower. what you need to do is take out the 15% you lose from the actual flywheel to the rubber (tires). i mean, if you want to go flywheel hp, mine is at about 247 hp and 185 ft/lb of tq to his 300hp and 300tq

all the numbers and equations added up...and the car has ran consistent 13.7's & 13.8's with this engine.

thanks again fellahs

-Los
                            VQ35 POWAH!

Comment

Man, I can't wait till I get that kinda power!

The STi may actually have more than 15% drivetrain loss due to the AWD as well. There are two more wheels being powered there!

Comment

Working...
                              X