This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiburon vs NA 300zx vs TT 300zx

I raced my buddys tiburon again, lost from a dig, beat him on the highway, which I expected since I never really launch hard. But I went to my friends apartment, and he was saying how he could tear tiburons apart, so I set them up for a race. I'm riding in the tiburon with my friend, theres a NA 300zx, a tt 300zx, and a kia(not like that matters). We went to a place that had a little bit of gravel, and no one got traction. Tiburon lost by 2 car lengths to the NA 300zx, but he also never left 1st gear. Next race was NA 300zx vs tt 300zx, the twin turbo got smoked by the NA, it was a matter of traction for them. We then left to hit the highway to do some races from a roll. 1st race was tiburon vs NA 300zx from 55mph. tiburon beat him by a carlength(the z owner won't admit it). Next race was the tiburon vs 300zx tt from a 60mph roll, tiburon held right next to him until 100mph, then the z started pulling hard. Funny night, the tiburon shut the z kids up, this summer the tiburon is gonna run the 300zx tt, cept he'll have a 50shot of nos. Oh, and the night ended with me racing the na 300zx, and he lost. Just funny how tiburons have never really gotten respect, but his is slowly earning it.

Tiburon: intake, catback exhaust, lightened flywheel, stg 3 clutch,

NA 300zx- intake, catback exhaust, ecu, spec stg 3 clutch

tt 300zx- catback exhaust......??? He's putting 300whp
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

the tiburon is a very aerodynamic car...it gets no props..because 1) its a korean made car...if it was japanese...you would see people with them all over the place........ 2) the newer body style just improved..the old tiburon is plain fugly

instead of gravel you guys should have raced on regulear pavement..

and a 300Z aint shit unless its TT ..imo

Comment

300zx NA isn't all that impressive. I mean, it's nice, but the TT is just too much of a beast

The Tibby is a nice car. It has potential... Still, I think Hyundai would KILL if they could make it turbo and RWD. The void left by the Supra would certainly be filled! If they pulled off turbo RWD for about $25,000, they would dominate the market. Hyundai is a much better company than people think. Kia is also going to get better, since Hyundai pretty much owns them now.

Comment

yea i agree, tibbies are VERY underrated, which is understandable due to Korea's bad rep with quality...
        my best friend has a S/C tib that spanks ALOT of cars and shes auto. It is pricey to build up a quick Delta motor (V6) but they're BETA (4) is a cheap iron block that can take a beating....slap that baby in a Accent and you'll dominate, lol.

nice runs, sounds like that tibby has some balls...i ran one when i was bosted auto and he hung on my door through 100 mph...and my best friend spanked me ( needa run her again )

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Yeah, the Beta swap is popular in Accents. I'm still a fan of the old 4G6x powered Hyundais though. I want an Elantra with a 4G63t swap

Comment

Forget the beta... 4G6 is the way to go with them as they came stock in a few of them.

And even tt 300zx aren't that fast of a car.
            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
            registration is free

Comment

The new ones come with the Hyundai engines... easier to do the Beta in those. The 4G63 in a newer Hyundai is as easy as putting one in a Honda.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                ...And even tt 300zx aren't that fast of a car.
                Oh no you didn't. Blasphemy. Pure Blasphemy. TT ZX's own when the owner of the car has some idea of what he is doing. Yes, that car is one of the cars that suffer most from incompitent owners. Cheap rubber and ricer driving skills will do it in for any Z32 period.

Bunch of Z bashers!!!!!!! Thats the best damn mid 90's car period.
                Last edited by KillerCam282; 03-17-2006, 01:39 AM.

Comment

I don't agree, I think it's a land whale. I rode in one and it was impressive for what it was ( 13 second car, TT with some mods ). Ever since I drove a 320 or so ft/lbs torque Mustang for a summer everything else feels kind of slow.

The power came on towards the top, and it felt like a little less power than the mustang had at like 3.5k RPM. The power feels strong but the car is heavy, making it a mid-high 13 second car. Problem with the mustang was that it had a somewhat peaky power band and a shit ton of miles. Thats why my car could keep up with both of them, I never raced the Z but I was able to keep up with the mustang. Linear powerband + sub tonnage = fun.

Basically, there's more to going fast than having two turbos and a reputation.

/rant

Comment

Its more of a track car than anything. When I built up mine, I really took it out of its element by making it a dragster.

Comment

300zxs, whether na or tt, are nice and handle very nicely. They look good, and have some good power stock. the tt driver is a dumbass and i wanted to punch his nose in because he compared my car to elephant shit with a rocket on it. Then he thought the tiburon was turbo'd.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                        300zxs, whether na or tt, are nice and handle very nicely. They look good, and have some good power stock. the tt driver is a dumbass and i wanted to punch his nose in because he compared my car to elephant shit with a rocket on it. Then he thought the tiburon was turbo'd.
                        See that Z is suffering. I wouldnt want the TT model tho. They only come 2 seater, and they weigh substantially more than the non turbo model. Non turbo model with the turbo swap is the best.

Comment

I got owned by the ugly 1st gen Tiburon. Those cars are light, and they move....don't sleep.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                            Oh no you didn't. Blasphemy. Pure Blasphemy. TT ZX's own when the owner of the car has some idea of what he is doing. Yes, that car is one of the cars that suffer most from incompitent owners. Cheap rubber and ricer driving skills will do it in for any Z32 period.

FD3S 3rd Gen Rx-7 was
                            1) Faster
                            2) Sexier
                            3) More badass
                            4) Panty Dropper
                            5) Able to make a turn
                            6) Best Bang for Buck
                            7) 300ZX-TT Devourer

Although I had a 300zx, I loved 3 things about it.....GREAT gas mileage for a sports car....T-Tops....Almost Ferrari like looks

It's sluggish, doesnt handle well....doesnt sound too well and overall fails to deliver in a class that basically keeps on giving.
                            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23

never driven an FD have you.......or worked on a z32...i'd rather tear my dick off than work on another z32.......

when i bought my FD, i also looked at a pearl ttz and a supra tt......the fd was just too sexy, had too much potential and was too much fun to drive on these back roads......

Comment

Working...
                              X