90 EX "STOCK" -VS- 90 something Beretta GTZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 EX "STOCK" -VS- 90 something Beretta GTZ

IM tired of this shit .....peep...Im leaving my girl's job...and jump on RT2 West...going back to the crib ( picked up some Arby's Turnovers )...and once again..minding my business this red Beretta GTZ is on my ass....by this time..Im doing about 80...so I just get over so he can pass..and he just follows..and throws on his fucking brights...so I gun it...and Im doing about 105-110...and this PRICK is still in my ass....so I just maintain my speed..and just get over back on the right lane..and he follows...by this time..Im doing 120 and PISSED .....so..I slow down to try to make this fucker go around me..and hes fucking in my ass as if he wants to sniff what I had for dinner last night. Im about to hit the Fremont/Port Clinton exit..and slow to about 35 to take the curved ramp and this asshole is still in my ass...and CLOSE too...at the end of the off ramp..he pulls beside me and starts staring at me..and throws up his middle finger...peels out and heads towards Fremont...( the opposite way I was going )..so I make a quick right turn and commit to follow..he makes a quick left and circles back around to get back on RT 2 this time going East....so I get in his ass...spilled my turnovers on the floor...but its cool..it was still in the bag...anyhoo...Im in his ass....doing 90 even...and this asshole throws on his brakes..and I had to swerve around him...to avoid hitting him. then he floors it....NOW..this time..Im really PISSED ....so I pull on the other side of him..and we go at it from 60..I upshifted to 3rd..floored it.....shifted to 4th...and I pulled about half a car.....wasn't paying attention..and looked down I was doing 125...I look over and his front bumper was at my back door...all the way...it stayed constant..no gain..no drop behind..he stayed at my back door..I get over...to exit on RT4 to get back on RT2 West to get back home..because I was WAY off course....he blew his horn and kept straight..I just threw up the middle finger and exited

this fucker really pissed me off..almost caused my 'Cord to kiss the ass end of his GTZ...that SHIT wasn't cool!
    Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 03-22-2006, 02:55 PM.
    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

well...that's when you grab the handgun outta your glovebox

all i've ever seen driving that kinda car is white trash...

chevy beretta GTZ, 1990 4 cyl 2.2 L 95hp-120tq

from like 1988 to 1992 were the production dates, i think.
    Last edited by npor; 03-22-2006, 06:40 PM.

Comment

As I suspected.

The Beretta GTZ was the "top of the line" model. It was powered by a 180HP/160 lb/ft 2.3 liter Quad 4.

Nice ownage. He was probably pissed because you were keeping up with his "high performance machine" LOL. I have encountered the "wheater" attitude many times.

He just assumes that a "real Chevy" is where it is at, and that all HONDUHS are crap.

You'd be pissed to if your little world was brought to a screeching halt by a little rice burning family car too.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Damn all that trouble. Id just get the cops on his ass fuck it man get his license plate number. But overall nice kill.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
          floors it....NOW..this time..Im really PISSED ....so I pull on the other side of him..and we go at it from 60..I upshifted to 3rd..floored it.....shifted to 4th...and I pulled about half a car.....wasn't paying attention..and looked down I was doing 125...I
          this fucker really pissed me off..almost caused my 'Cord to kiss the ass end of his GTZ...that SHIT wasn't cool!

Good kill... Berretas wont go past 110mph.

However , doing 125mph in fourth gear =
          Last edited by Fake Thug; 03-22-2006, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2

whats wrong with 125mph in fourth?
            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
            registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
              whats wrong with 125mph in fourth?

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                Damn all that trouble. Id just get the cops on his ass fuck it man get his license plate number. But overall nice kill.

next time I see that Poonjob...Imma follow that fuckjuice home and flatten all his fucking tires!..
                92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:

Comment

Yo E..for real...them things won't go past 110???...so why was he at my back door @125 ???

anyhoo...Im cooled off now.

MR Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                    As I suspected.

The Beretta GTZ was the "top of the line" model. It was powered by a 180HP/160 lb/ft 2.3 liter Quad 4.

Nice ownage. He was probably pissed because you were keeping up with his "high performance machine" LOL. I have encountered the "wheater" attitude many times.

He just assumes that a "real Chevy" is where it is at, and that all HONDUHS are crap.

You'd be pissed to if your little world was brought to a screeching halt by a little rice burning family car too.
                    YO..I thought it was 190 HP... oh well whats 10 HP..I was off by 10...but still...his 180/190HP 2.3L --- -VS- my 135HP F22A4 how could I have had that half car on him????????

MR Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                      well...that's when you grab the handgun outta your glovebox

all i've ever seen driving that kinda car is white trash...

chevy beretta GTZ, 1990 4 cyl 2.2 L 95hp-120tq

from like 1988 to 1992 were the production dates, i think.

Yo..I got something funny...mayne throw some tacks out of the window so he'd roll over em and catch flats...LMAO or some rusty nails...LMAO...

MR Thread:

Comment

YO..I thought it was 190 HP... oh well whats 10 HP..I was off by 10...but still...his 180/190HP 2.3L --- -VS- my 135HP F22A4 how could I have had that half car on him????????

He needed a tune up? He missed gears? His 400lb gurlfriend was in the car? clutch slippin? He was high on some crack? , he didn't have nnaaaawwsssss to go with hiz vtak? ,............or best case scenerio he prolly cant drive!! ................................................

Comment

He needed a tune up? He missed gears? His 400lb gurlfriend was in the car? clutch slippin? He was high on some crack? , he didn't have nnaaaawwsssss to go with hiz vtak? ,............or best case scenerio he prolly cant drive!! ................................................

Probably...

MR Thread:

Comment

There is a lot more that goes into acceleration/top speed than HP. That is what most car guys don't understand. I have a friend with a 6,000 lb Dodge Ram Hemi that assumes his truck is faster because he has more power. Even if he can beat me off the line (which after driving it, is possible but not guaranteed) he is going to lose eventually.

1) Power to weight. If my car weighs 1,000 LBS and has 100HP, I have the same power to weight ratio as someone who has a 3,000 LB sports car with 300 HP. That LTZ would weigh about 2800 LBS with the interior stripped, less than 1/4 tank of gas, and a 160lb driver. That is only slightly less than your car weighs fully trimmed out without a driver. I am assuming that his car isn't completely stripped, so...he would probably come in closer to 3000-3200 lbs depending on what is in the car at the moment. In regards to weight, more of it means more time to get it moving as well. That is why you can feel a significant difference between a 3,000lb car and a 3,300 lb car. Objects in motion tend to want to stay in motion, which means a larger force is needed to make it change, or you have to apply a smaller force over a greater length of time.

2) Power to Drag. Since at high speeds the limiting factor on a car's ability to accelerate is drag, you can gain a differential advantage with a lower HP car that has a lower Cd. Since drag increases with the cube of the speed (i.e. if I need 100HP to go 100MPH, I am going to need 800HP to achieve 200MPH in the same car, under the same conditions), a small horsepower advantage with a large drag disadvantage will become obvious very quickly. Even a very small drag disadvantage will exert itself quickly.

I know for a fact that Cd on the Beretta wasn't spectacular, he still has to fight the added weight, he didn't have that much extra power than you, and GM usually gears their engines for fuel economy on the highway (to a much greater extent than Honda does). Hondas usually have lower gearing all the way throughout, and they use better engine technology to achieve their MPG numbers.

3) Health of the engine. In my experience GM powertrains are not long lived. They may run forever, but they don't run optimally forever. It isn't uncommon to do a compression test on a 200K Honda and find the results to be about 1/2 down to the acceptable minimum, even if they weren't babied. Since GM builds everything to looser tolerances to keep costs down, they often decrease in performance with age very rapidly. Then they start stinking, and burning oil, and doing all the other things that non-optimally running engines do.

4) While it isn't the case with the Quad 4 and its 7000RPM redline, it will apply against most other engines. Hondas typically have a higher redline, which allows them to stay in gear longer. It doesn't seem like a big advantage, but when you consider that shifting can take up to .5 seconds per, it can add up. GM's also tend to not pull in the top end very well due to their reliance on archaic pushrods and OHV 2 Valve cylinder heads. Again, that doesn't apply to the Quad 4.

5) Driver. It seems to be less of an issue at high speed rolling contests, because all that is really required there is a downshift and a floored gas pedal. But under pretty much most normal circumstances, a bad driver can lose in anything.

6) Everybody bags on Hondas because the "numbers" aren't the most spectactular in most cases. The problem with numbers, is they don't show the whole picture. I have driven/raced/owned/maintained most makes of cars. In general, Honda has an uncanny ability to make something equal more than the sum of its parts. Optimization of the entire package is key, and something that most companies don't do. Throwing HP at the problem doesn't always solve it. Obviously, that was demonstrated in this case.

I beat a 190HP 5.0 5speed Mustang GT in my car when it was stock, as well as numerous Camaros, and Firebirds. They all talked shit, until after I beat them. How is that possible? A better overall package.
                            Last edited by owequitit; 03-23-2006, 12:52 PM.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Amen oh and screws work better.... harder to take out.

Comment

Working...
                              X