Western Canada Meet(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western Canada Meet(s)?

Any chance of us BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and possibly Manitoba members planning a meet or two for this year?

We have quite an active BC crew, but only a couple active Alberta guys, and a couple Sask and Manitoba stragglers.

I would love to see a BC/AB group meet, but I don't know where a good meet point would be. Something of a weekend trip could be fun, and perhaps a half way kind of meeting place like Kamloops or something?

Anyone have any suggestions, ideas, comments or anything else to add? Possible dates, locations etc?

Let's try and get the ball rolling for something to happen. I would love to meet up with more of my fellow Canadian Tuners.

Thank you Mikey for even bringing this up.

What I see is that BC members usually go to Seattle or hang out in the Pacific forums.
    The Canada forum is simply too big for us. There needs to be a sub Canada west and sub Canada east forum IMO.

I agree, Kamloops would be a good halfway point for BC/AB members. I know there is a lot of BC members out there.

But for the AB/SK/MB guys, I really don't know how many of you guys are out there and active. I don't think there will be a meet in SK or MB anytime soon. There may be a couple or so if even active guys (I have no idea actually lol) it would be small but something. Remember that's a lot of land your covering.

2nd biggest country in the world with a super small population for the size with everyone spread on the other sides of the continent = not easy to make popular meets for everyone lol.

Have you heard of illmotion Mikey?
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Yes, we are few and far between that's for sure.

In Alberta, for active members, all I know of are myself and Antonio7566, and we're already 5 hours apart as it is. I think Lynx sold his car and moved back to Nova Scotia. Deetz is active on Honda Tech and haven't seen him on here in over a year. Last I saw of him was in 2010 when I met up with him to exchange some parts. DV8 lives in my city, but he's not active and not sure if he even has a CB anymore. I see him rolling around in a G35. Solus had his car for sale and may have sold it. Haven't seen him active lately.

The BC guys are all pretty much within the Vancouver and outlying area.

Saskcb7 seems to be the only active SK member and there's a new guy from Winnipeg.

If I had a long weekend, I'd drive to Vancouver for a meet, but any other weekend, I wouldn't want to drive more than 6-8 hours one way.

I'm not opposed to going to the US for meets, but there are those of us who do not have passports or are unable to cross borders for other reasons.

Comment

Are there guys in Alberta that you see have modded CB's but aren't on the forum?
        There must be SOME.

At least for me, in Toronto there are a good amount of CB's but a lot of them aren't even on the board.

This is in Calagry, which seems to be about 2 hours and 40 minutes from you. I bet you'll find CB's in the area I guess. Even if no one has one at one of the larger meets, you may inspire some if they like your car and start something you know?
        http://vimeo.com/28390955

Honestly speaking, it's sad to say. There is no hope for a SK or MB meet unless they have been communcating somewhere else than here.

Same thing I notice over here.
        We used to have a big community but people age, people get married, people change, people have been moving on to newer platforms that are bigger and more "family friendly".

But yeah man. I guess for you, meet in Alberta, Vancouver area, or Seattle.
        That's where it is now it looks. I guess?

Well, if you really wanted to find more members.
        I would try looking at local boards our Honda's and such.
        For example there is a board called JDMRides.ca from the Toronto area mostly but it's 80% all Civics and Integras. But it's extremely active and everyone knows about it.

I would try looking for a board like that and see who owns Accords.
        Maybe start a meet up? There has to be modded CB's along the Edmonton to Lethbridge corridor!
        Current:

Past:

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

The only really cool one I see around once in a while is a nice deep red 9091 sedan with a turbo, cuz it has a big ass intercooler hanging out of the bumper.

Sick car, but I've only seen it around a few times.

Comment

There must be some local meet in your city where they go to sometimes lol.
            Current:

Past:

Comment

Anyone?

Lethbridge hosts Street Machine Weekend July 13-15 this year, with a cruise, show n shine and some autocross/drag events. There's literally thousands of cars that come out for the weekend. If anyone would be interested in coming out for it.
              Last edited by crazymikey; 05-05-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                Anyone?

Lethbridge hosts Street Machine Weekend July 13-15 this year, with a cruise, show n shine and some autocross/drag events. There's literally thousands of cars that come out for the weekend. If anyone would be interested in coming out for it.
                Hmm maybe a road trip would be in order lol

New heart and soul H22A4
                Bought from: King James,kouzie,xkjnboix,tommi
                Sold too: P5ylance,GearBangnAccord
                Traded with: crazymikey,nine_deuce

Comment

Hello people, am very active here. My car is out of service at the moment working on a h22 swap/abs delete/ auto to 5spd project. If I get my shit together I should have it done mid summer, it's hard to find time when I have three kids, chouching soccer and work. But if my car gets done on time am down, I think the locatin is a good one too

Comment

lol no location has been set yet.

But I'm willing to drive 2 to 12 hours to a meet if there's going to be a decent turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                      lol no location has been set yet.

But I'm willing to drive 2 to 12 hours to a meet if there's going to be a decent turn out.
                      come to the one on the 20th lmao

New heart and soul H22A4
                      Bought from: King James,kouzie,xkjnboix,tommi
                      Sold too: P5ylance,GearBangnAccord
                      Traded with: crazymikey,nine_deuce

Comment

That's 12 hours x 3 to get to that one. And another 12x3 back home lol.

Comment

Any luck finding any mid-west / west Canada CB7's Mikey?
                          Current:

Past:

Comment

Working...
                          X