Arizona General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona General Discussion Thread

I noticed on page three we were getting off the pace of meet information so this will better serve as a general discussion area. Use this thread to:

Ask for local help
    talk to your local buddies about current events happening locally
    If you want post pics of local cars
    Ask people opinions
    Suggest things for other peeople.

Hope this helps. My hope is that this will better keep us organized and easier to search for something if need be.

John

Comment

I almost freaked out when I didnt see the fogs at First!

Comment

Comment

Comment

looks like it was a decent little meet wish i could have made it. oh well maybe next time.
            im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
            93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
            90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
            91 se accord 4 door SOLD
            92 lx accord coupe SOLD
            93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
            92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
            93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
            92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

On the Note of a Cb7...yes...

but as a Whole? Hell yeah it was, we had Accords from 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th and 8th gen.

and a shitload of Ludes,

Comment

Hey guys i will post in the classified section but it would be nice to sell local if i can. Im parting out the entire car. if you need ANYTHING let me know i can pull it. Not really a lot of aftermarket stuff but i do have a set of tinted amber corners and black housed headlights. grey interior. let me know.

Comment

Wait, I want the Blackhoused lights. What kind of CB is it?

Do you have the 9293 sedan trunk lid and tails? is it a coupe?

Comment

we need to set a meet soon maybe in a month or 2 car should be on the road by then...

Ride List
                    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Wow AZ, come on... really? Not so much CB Support/love out here? Yea i am from jersey, soon to be a AZ resident(Glendale) as of FEBRUARY. So here are some little questions i am hoping you guys can help me out with.

1. Selling my current CB and buying one out there, i been on craigslist everyday, but perhaps buying one off a member in SoCal and driving her back. but ive read on these forums clean RUST-FREE shells are in junkyards all over, how easy or cheap would it be for me to buy a clean shell and get it registered with a clean title? also are there alot of Junk Yards and etc out there?

2. You guys meet up? how many mechanics/DIYers we have out here, cuz coming from jersey(being 15 mins from NYC) we have them all over, and had alot of friends i could have done work with on the weekends. Reason i ask, i rather do most of the work myself and not get raped paying a shop, plus i really wanna do my first swap.

3. How strict are the car inspections(or emissions or etc) in AZ? are they like cali?

hmm think thats all for now, looking forward to the move, just a bit scared of the CB support out there, but sure it will all be fine. Thanks in advance guys

-LoS
                      " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

^^^BUMP??? ANYONE??? ^^^

-LoS
                        " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Originally posted by los Himself View Post
                          wow Az, Come On... Really? Not So Much Cb Support/love Out Here? Yea I Am From Jersey, Soon To Be A Az Resident(glendale) As Of February. So Here Are Some Little Questions I Am Hoping You Guys Can Help Me Out With.

1. Selling My Current Cb And Buying One Out There, I Been On Craigslist Everyday, But Perhaps Buying One Off A Member In Socal And Driving Her Back. But Ive Read On These Forums Clean Rust-free Shells Are In Junkyards All Over, How Easy Or Cheap Would It Be For Me To Buy A Clean Shell And Get It Registered With A Clean Title? Also Are There Alot Of Junk Yards And Etc Out There?
                          there Are Quite A Few JunkyardS In The Phx Area If That Is The Part U Plan On Moving To...there Is Also Alot Of Cb's Running Arround Just Not Alot Of People On Here... There Are A Few Though
                          2. You Guys Meet Up? How Many Mechanics/diyers We Have Out Here, Cuz Coming From Jersey(being 15 Mins From Nyc) We Have Them All Over, And Had Alot Of Friends I Could Have Done Work With On The Weekends. Reason I Ask, I Rather Do Most Of The Work Myself And Not Get Raped Paying A Shop, Plus I Really Wanna Do My First Swap.

there Are Meets Mostly Honda Meets Just Not Cb7 Only There Was A Cb Meet Recenly I Couldnt Make It Though...as Far As Diyer's You Can Find Them. There Are Alot Of Reputable Shops Out Here Also...im Always Down To Help Out If You Will Live Close...

3. How Strict Are The Car Inspections(or Emissions Or Etc) In Az? Are They Like Cali?

hell No...compared To Cali Az Emissions Are Nothin Lol. Some Parts Dont Even Do Emissions, If You Are Lucky Enough To Live There...
                          Hmm Think Thats All For Now, Looking Forward To The Move, Just A Bit Scared Of The Cb Support Out There, But Sure It Will All Be Fine. Thanks In Advance Guys

-los

Yeah Its No Cali Or Nyc But Its Nice As Far As Import Love. Cali Is Only 6 Hrs Away (la) So We Get Alot Of Cali Out Here...

Ride List
                          1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                          2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                          newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

More than likely in my experience, the junkyards dont let you buy the shells, once they enter the junkyard, they stay there. so if your CB is clean and rust free, I would see about tagging along with it...

We have had only a two meets. One on AZHT, which was Ludes and Accords and that was not my favorite. We just had one for CB7tuner, but everyone bailed except for about 4 people, including myself.

I am somewhat of a DIYr but I also have other people that I trust work on my car and know that I will get a good result.

The emissions are not strict, we dont have inspections, but livng in Glendale, y ou will have to pass emissions, they are like California's but a little less strict. also be advised of the 110+ temps in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                              More than likely in my experience, the junkyards dont let you buy the shells, once they enter the junkyard, they stay there. so if your CB is clean and rust free, I would see about tagging along with it...

We have had only a two meets. One on AZHT, which was Ludes and Accords and that was not my favorite. We just had one for CB7tuner, but everyone bailed except for about 4 people, including myself.

I am somewhat of a DIYr but I also have other people that I trust work on my car and know that I will get a good result.

The emissions are not strict, we dont have inspections, but livng in Glendale, y ou will have to pass emissions, they are like California's but a little less strict. also be advised of the 110+ temps in the summer.
                              We have had a lot more than two meets, they were just before your time.

AZ is a bad place to have meets because everyone is scattered over several hundred miles and it doesn't make sense usually.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X