2010 Arizona CB7 Meet thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
    any photos? oh and Kai I havent seen your ITR wheels on the cb in person, I was flipping through my old pics and you had those same grey 17" wheels on, when I was down there last summer or when ever it was, did you roll on the itr's? anyways PHOTO'S
    coming right up! and yeah I've got those RO_JAs on in this pic...but the night before at the pavs I had my ITRs on

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

MORE!

Last edited by Losiracer2; 10-25-2010, 01:52 AM.

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

The Facts for the cruise:

Miles Driven: 724.7 miles over a two day period.
        Money Spent: 120.00 dollars. (ended up 10 dollars short, will explain later..)
        Cars total: 6 CB's, one Pontiac, and one DC2.

Story Time.

So going into this cruise, I wasnt sure if I was gunna be able to make it, so two weeks before, I started asking around for extra work (money goes out as fast as I make it...) and so finally one of the guys I know, has about 3 acres of weeds that come out everytime it rains. So he said I could do a portion of it and to name my price. I said 120.00 bucks. So over the next few days, with work, I would work on it before and after work. thats how I got my money.

Then, to prepare Susie for the cruise, I changed out my passenger side front tire, cause that one is worn. Then changed the oil, and hoped for the best. I knew going in, it was gunna be a long drive. but I kinda took my experiences from Mount Lemmon, and kinda multiplied in my mind, thats how it was gunna be. It was, plus some.

I knew Susie's limits, every level of elevation, up to 8,000 feet, she's fine in terms of running, but when you pass 8,000 feet, she becomes a slug. I think its just because either I am not use to the whole thing, or its just because she has 358,000 miles on her.

So, lets start from the beginning of Saturday. I woke up at about 7am, excited like a boy on christmas. So I got susie cleaned out and cleaned up. then about 9am, left the house, ran to the library, printed out the maps, researched really quick on some motel six's that are around, and then went from there. didnt actually start leaving Tucson til about 11am.

So doing the speed limit, (sometimes I saw 90 MPH ) and then got up there about 1pm. it was nice. Saw some awesome college chicks. always made me wonder why i even went to the U of A in the first place

Then texted Kimbo, and then played hide and go seek with another CB (Matt) who was looking for me, and it was cool, Two Seattle Silver COupes in the same spot!

After a bit, Kimbo showed up in her chariot. which is a very nice black! I didnt know how nice it looked til it showed up. very nice. Shot the shit, and then I got some ideas for Susie when we were talking about our cars and stuff.

So a while after that, we had Aaron show up, I loved his Integra. its a very nice Integra!

Then at about 5pm, we rolled out to Scottsdale. I dont know, but I like it when we have a bunch of CB7s, no one screws with you.

But I did notice that when we finally parked (due to my unknowningly igorance about not knowing I was the leader. )

That when we did finally park, the guy with the maroon corvette convertable, got up, and folded his arms, as we were parking with all four of us. I thought he was gunna say something, but when we all got out, he just walked away.

Then I think the best part of the night was when the guy in the Green EM1, came up to Matt and said " So thats a D15?" and I shouted " NO, THATS AN F22!" and the guy was like " oh wow, I thought the D series was in all of the Accords!"

Then Kai showed up.

up to this point, i had only seen Kai's Cb7, on this forum. it looked very nice on here, but when he pulled up, holy shit, I justa bout fainted. its a very nicely done car, not over the top, but not underdone either. like I told Kai at the meet. Susie is Before and Kai's car is After. its like night and day. his car has and will be an inspriation to my build as time goes on.

So After Kimbo left to go get dinner, I was eating on my Hood, and this Nissan Frontier on 20 inch chrome wheels, pulls kitty corner to Kimbo's car. Then he tries to back up, but he ends up, turning the wheel, and starts moving forward, as he's looking back, almost hit Kimbo's car, until I shouted " HEY WATCH OUT!" and then he stopped. Fucking People.

After everyone had shown up, the second best moment of the night, was when Kai had moved his car next to mine, and I actually had two people looking at Susie, and looking at Kai's car. I know I was having a good time, but like I told Cody, "Hold up, people are looking at my car, be right back" and then I talked to the people, turns out, they are parents of a member on this forum

Afterwards, me and some people, sprinted across town to go hang out, like we do at the In and Out at Broadway and Kolb, down here in Tucson on saturday nights. This hang out, started off weak, but it had its strong points.

When we finally got there, it seemed dead, but it picked up. Didnt really see anything that struck my interest, until later, but I want to touch on some points that occurred to me.

tucson and phoenix's street scene is very similar, although you do have some very nice cars, there isnt really much of an difference. But the one car that stood out the most to me, aside from my number one favorite was the blue 6th gen coupe. it looked very nice and well done. besides that, everything else was like tucson. joke of the night was the black 6th gen coupe. i was facepalming all night when that guy was talking about the mods he had done to that.

Now, the highlight of night, it was that 1992 White Honda Accord Sedan. Jesus. That car was a very nicely done Accord. when I saw it pull up it had White Rotas and blue lug nuts. I thought it had to have been modded, but he kept doing circles in the parking lot, so I just waited til he parked. then introduced myself.

His name was Jose, and that car was the sign of all of the work he had done. told me that he was the one who did t he H22A swap, the JDM one piece headlights, took them apart and black housed them, and added the yellow high beams. Then added the sidemarkers and the wheels. I asked him if he had heard of the website, and he said no, and his explaination was " Clubs and forums, are pretty stupid, so I stay out of that, you get alot of trash talk, and all I want to do is to build my car." that statement froze me in my tracks. I told him I understand where he is coming from, but that we actually have a good website and the things he has done to his car wouldb e an inspiration to others on this board. I am hoping he joins.

after I left for the night, I sprinted back from that location back to Tempe. it was an adventure. I am getting to knwo Phoenix very well, thanks to the multiple trips. but I ended up at the mOtel 6 at Broadway and Preist. I was there three weeks ago, and had a good stay, this time, not so much. they put me in an smoking room and i woke up with a sore throat. But then i think the most epic part was that I had two girls screaming next door and I didnt get to sleep til about 3am, but I woke up at 7am, chipper. then went back to sleep, and then got ready. left the motel, about 9:30am, and then gassed up Susie at the Chevron at Broadway and McClintock. Then headed over.

Then Kai, Kimbo and Aaron, showed up, and then we all headed out. at this point, this is where the room went black, because I had never been on I-17, and I had never been north of Phoenix. exciting and scary at the same time.

So we started on I-17, I think the most cool part is when the little Subaru RS coupe tried to fuck with us by cutting in front of kai and Kim and fucked around. Loser.

then I think the most scary part was the hilly part, where it said, dont have AC on to avoid overheating the car. that was scary, but that also tested susie, cause I was at 55 MPH at 3,700 RPM. scary. But I know Kai, you were cruising at 70 MPH at like 2,000 RPM :P

then, we continued up I-17, and then went to Prescott Valley, and then up 89-Alpha. then we met Mj-213, very cool guy. and then up the highway, which was an adventure all itself. which I got stuck at the Red light and had to play catch up, and I was tempted to pass the four runner and the little isuzu POS, but I stayed behind them, cause I had never been out there before, and once they turned off, I started hauling ass up the mountain.

Then we had a most tasteful hamburger ever. (thank you to Shannon for picking up the tab. ) Then after that, we walk around Jerome, and then parted aways. the parking lot was an adventure and to quote Mj-213...when I asked " I wonder if Susie fell off the cliff?" ( because I had parked susie right next to the cliff) and he responded " Nah, cause you would be hearing people saying " hey some shitbox fell off the cliff" LOL!!!!

But it was a good cruise, I made it back to Tucson from Jerome, by 8:15pm. Thanks to Kimberly and Kai, and MJ-213, 91CB7 (AZHT) and Matt (MonsterCb7) and Aaron, and Shannon. Great Meet. and I have one question:

When is the next one?
        Last edited by RagingAsian; 10-25-2010, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
          MORE!
          idle hands? lol blurry! lol its all good.
          Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post

So After Kimbo left to go get dinner, I was eating on my Hood, and this Nissan Frontier on 20 inch chrome wheels, pulls kitty corner to Kimbo's car. Then he tries to back up, but he ends up, turning the wheel, and starts moving forward, as he's looking back, almost hit Kimbo's car, until I shouted " HEY WATCH OUT!" and then he stopped. Fucking People.

When is the next one?
          damn, novel you wrote there! lol

you never told me that, good thing though i would've been paranoid and probably wouldn't have left my car the whole night.

but yeah it was a fun time. not as big of a turnout as expected but still had fun nonetheless.

Click picture to see my mrt
          Instagram: sikz6

Comment

haha wow that must've taken forever to write Ray! But yeah it was a good cruise. We need more like these every month! Gotta find more CB7tuners here in AZ

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

damn sucks i missed it hopefully we can do this again soon i should be ordering my clutch this week and other stuff...looks like it was a good turn out...

Ride List
              1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
              2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
              newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Saturday

Sunday

oh and while waiting for matt, we saw this turbo'd 4runner. the guy used some turbo parts off an sti and made a custom manifold for it. lol

Comment

Disregard. Jesus them are some good pics. I am gunna put them on my facebook if you dont mind.
                  Last edited by RagingAsian; 10-27-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

i wont lie that 4Runner had me blown away. when I walked past it to go to the restroom, I thought it was some regular old 4runner. thought about why the fan was still going, but thought it was running a little hot.

that 4runner taught me what you dont see, can in fact kill you.

But Kai, it only took me about 20 minutes to spit out my novel. I am Asian. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sikz6 View Post

This was the only time Kai was following me! LOL!

Comment

One thing I noticed this week. i am not hauling ass around town like I usually am. I am the one who does like 20 over the limit. so far this week, I have been doing the speed limit..lol

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                          This was the only time Kai was following me! LOL!
                          i know right? lol

Comment

LOL. Hey I had to take it easy. I was a ways from home. you guys come down here and i'll let loose. plusi ts only 2,700 feet elevation..lol

Comment

Working...
                            X