Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local JDM engine importer? Recommendations for a JDM F22A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local JDM engine importer? Recommendations for a JDM F22A?

Any recommendations for a local importer? I really would not mind hand-picking a JDM F22A instead of buying one online and hoping for the best. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated

Dan I went to JapanStar in Albany NY when I picked up my H22.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

hmomotors is a good one ive heard

Comment

^Thanks very much, I should call both companies, but F22A's are not listed in either of their inventories. I will not assume though. One possibility is Engine Depot down in NJ, F22A's for $600 isn't bad @ all. It is really sad when some places have H22's cheaper than F22A's!

Comment

I personally went to JDM Engine Depot... and as long as you pick what you want its a good place for the right price ... tiger is shit, H motors are overpriced... and the albany one i heard is decent

^^MY OLD RIDE
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

jdm engine depot is basura i will never go there again to buy and h or any type of motor my h is no good

Comment

Originally posted by 1badacc View Post
              I personally went to JDM Engine Depot... and as long as you pick what you want its a good place for the right price ... tiger is shit, H motors are overpriced... and the albany one i heard is decent
              x2 be selective when you go to engine depot, inspect whatever motor you pick thoroughly before you buy the motor
              My Members Ride Thread

Comment

thanks for the input guys, I rec'd a response from Japan Star in Albany, apparently they do have F22A's in stock. I will have to call and confirm + get a price b/c I have seen plenty of JDM motors mislabeled. Albany is around 4 hrs away, not too bad, NJ would be around 5 hrs or prob more.

Comment

Originally posted by justin'saccord View Post
                  jdm engine depot is basura i will never go there again to buy and h or any type of motor my h is no good

My B16 that I got from them was trash. They told me the compression in all cylinders we're all high even numbers across all four. Str8 lied. Their customer service is the worst. They're ass. Maybe someone else had a better experience with them but me... nope. I like tiger japanese. The motors that my old team got from them were in great condition. Hmotors, is out of my budget
                  I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                  Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  My coupe!!!
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                  Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

^Damn, does not sound good. I talked to Steve @ H Motors, they do in fact have F22A's for 650 plus shipping. Japan Star was mistaken, they only have 94+ Accord motors.

@ this point, it's either H Motors: pay shipping, feel most confident in an engine I do not get to see or Engine Depot: drive down, no shipping, get to pick out my motor myself.

I am alittle unsure about ordering from a Canadian company, just if something goes wrong. I'd like to keep it in the states.

Comment

Whatcha got up them sleeves of yours Dan?
                      RETIRED...

Comment

hmotors has been sooo reputable over the years, i dont see a need to go anywhere else. hand picking is always good but even so its not like you can get it running or anything. hmotors! just ask for detailed pics of the engine you are purchasing before they ship it. best of luck. oh and call me soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                          JapanStar in Albany NY
                          this. thanks for the tip henry.

anyway, seeing's how they're the closest (to me anyway) but probably not too far for you either dan, i'd check them out first. i'm sure they'll have something F.

ninja edit----F22B perhaps

life is good.

Comment

Thanks Trev, Billy and Noah. If I do decide to ship, H Motors all the way, wouldn't trust anyone else. Shipping would be around $300. If I drive, probably Engine Depot, just have to be careful in my choosing. I'm trying to see if Japan Star can get me one even though they only do 94+ Accord motors but yet they have 90-93 auto trannies, hmmmmm.

I have put a decent amount of money into the F22A platform and it's my favorite motor, always has been. My original F22A6 is still wicked strong but burns oil badly, mostly valve seals and valve guides.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door View Post
                              hmotors has been sooo reputable over the years, i dont see a need to go anywhere else. hand picking is always good but even so its not like you can get it running or anything. hmotors! just ask for detailed pics of the engine you are purchasing before they ship it. best of luck. oh and call me soon!
                              Hows life in halifax buddy?
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X