Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UConn Car Club Car Meet/Show!! Storrs, Connecticut. Sunday, April 15th!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UConn Car Club Car Meet/Show!! Storrs, Connecticut. Sunday, April 15th!!!!!

The UConn Car Club would like to present to you the invitation of coming down and being a part of the Uconn Car Club's 4th Annual Spring Car Meet, on Sunday, April 15th, 2007.

What you need to know:
    Storrs CT 06269
    W-Lot Parking lot on the Storrs Campus
    (see map below)

Hours:
    Gates Open @ 9am
    Gates Close When the Parking Lot Capacity has been reached.
    Events occuring between 1130-2
    Registration Closes at 12pm
    Trophies by 3-4pm

Price:
    - Free to Spectate
    - $10 dollars to Participate

Parking:
    If you have a party of 7 participating vehicles or more, preregister at www.uconncarclub.com by clicking on the forum and posting under the category 2007 Car Show > Preregistration. State your club name, # of participants, along with one member's contact information (Phone Number or Screenname.)

Events:
    Pizza Eating Contest, Tire Throwing Competition, High/Low Competition, and an Exhaust Sound-off; These will be occuring throughout the day, starting at 1130am ending around 2pm. Prizes will be awarded to winners, pariticpation is limited.

Bragging Rights
    - For those of you have yet to witness one of our shows, We tend to amass some of the greatest diversity among cars under one name. Anyone who has been to a previous show can attest that theres something for everyone. Whether its Classics, Domestics, Imports, Euros or even supercars that you are into, this show embodies the presence of all the aforementioned makes. Pics from last years show

- Our show does start early but we have thought of the solution to entice early arrival, Red Bull. Red Bull will be present at the show handing out Red Bulls, and even better, Theres a great possibility that they will bring one of their vehicles (Drift Solstice, one of the F1 cars, Nascar).

Onto the Trophies:
    Trophies Include: Best In Show. Best Import, Domestic, Euro, Exotic. Best Honda/Acura, Toyota, Subaru, Nissan & Other. Best Ford, Chevy, Dodge & Other. Best BMW, VW/Audi & Other. Best Offroad Truck. Best Lowrider Truck.
    Sleeper Award, UC3 Choice Award, Club Participation Award, & Best Club Award.

Note: Best Club Participation Club Award goes to the club with the most participating members. Best Club Award will be awarded to the club UC3 finds to embody as the "best."

Other mentionables:
    - The parking lot has a maximum capacity of around 600 cars. Once the parking lot is full, THE GATES WILL BE CLOSED. No ifs ands or buts, plan accordingly and it should not be a problem.
    - Arrive with the people you want to park with, theres will not be any room to leave empty parking spaces open. (see below for parking lots outside of the show that you can congregate at prior to arrival)
    - Judging will be ballot based and will begin at exactly noon. Those who arrive a minute past noon will not be susceptible to registration or judging for that matter.
    - Yes, different from last year, we will have portapotties within the show perimeters. More food vendors as well.

Sponsors/Vendors
    If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor to the show please contact me for further details. Space is limited but arrangements can be made.

Please forward any questions or comments to uconncarclub@gmail.com

Last edited by 92acclude; 04-12-2007, 09:58 AM.
    members/ride | the/website
    180 hp/145 ft-lb

i'll be there. less stock than last year.

Comment

Good to hear, the show should be better than last year.

So everybody sign up.
      180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

ahhhh maybe ill get to go home that weekend.

Comment

I am planning on going, I know I had a good time last year

Comment

Im going .. first time! ill have a mint ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Im going .. first time! ill have a mint ride!

We should ride down together. I hope to be able to show. I have really great intentions of having the kit on, new fenders and a new paint job. We'll see how that goes.
              "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
              - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Interesting development.

Red Bull is bring an F1 car.

Yes, you are excited.

Yes, you are coming.
                180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

bump this.

Comment

Seriously. It's not everyday you get to see an F1 car.
                    180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Man there is a F1 in my driveway, you've seen it, the little red one.

D we already talked about the v.i.p. with me you know I will be there if my oil pan doesn't go, my car turns on without the check engine light and you know the rest of the issues.
                      I cheated on my cb7 with an e30.....Not cool. I will be a honda boy at heart though woop woop

Comment

maybe i should wake up and walk to the parking lot LOL afterparty at my place?
                        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

ill be there with club rsx ill def stop by and say wat up to all you guys

aim: crxruler feel free netime
                          lemme kno too if u wanna nextel it up

Comment

dont add to the clubrsx numbers! they had so many last year. anyway, i should be at this. theres this holiday in MA called patriots day or something and i have that monday off, so ill go home and grab the car. gotta get used to these MA days off from school.

Comment

OK OK OK Calling all cars , Just Kidding , Who's Going ?

Im Planning on going down the night before as I did last year but I beleive this time im alone , the others from maine have sold or broken there cars im the only one still tickin' it seems , anyways I will most likely be there , Im hoping to have some much needed mods this time , Last year I had new paint and ummm yeah nothing else basically , my car was even sittin like a truck ...
                              This year should be funner for me anyways I dont look so stock ..... LOL
                              Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Working...
                              X