Socal Whats new with your RIDE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90accords

just need a new cable reel, and it'll all be functional too.......
    damn thas fresh

..."CLASSIK"-CB790 ex... {UNDEFINED}My Classy but Sick (Classik) Black on Black Members Ride Thread

Comment

Thats a nice wheel! What is it off of?
      ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7
        Thats a nice wheel! What is it off of?
        looks like s2k.
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
          looks like s2k.

thought those dun fit on a cb
          So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
            thought those dun fit on a cb

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
              they dont, timmy tried lol.
              my bad looks like it......... I think he mentioned something about the SI....

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                my bad looks like it......... I think he mentioned something about the SI....
                bingo! 02 SI wheel, although I could get an S2K wheel on there too if I wanted. I had to change out the column to one ftom a 9697 CD, and slightly rewire my SRS harness. I need to get the cable reel from a 98 accord or similar though so it all functions 100%. All in all:
                25 for the column
                40 for the cable reel when I get it
                20 for the column cover
                45 for the wheel, and
                200 for the air bag.
                A little much just for a new wheel, but I liked it for some reason...... trying to keep as many OEM parts on my car as possible even if the didn't originally come on a CB.
                Then again I've seen the air bags go for more than I spent on everything......
                Last edited by 90accords; 04-25-2008, 05:05 AM.

Comment

hmm so does the s2k wheel fit the CD column?

props for getting a functional air bag, the 90-91s definitely should have come with some.
                  it should...... the only difference I'm aware of in spline patterns is between obd1 and obd2. Aside from that I believe most wheels from most hondas can be bolted in to another honda of the same type of obd system

Comment

spline pattern is only important for the deactivation of the turn signals, correct? or is spline the thickness.
                    patter/thickness is what will actually hold the wheel to the column. The turn signal terminating is done in the switch housing . The wheel has groves that slide into a centering ring, which kills the signals at the appropriate time...... poor explanation, but I was at work for 10 hours, and running around all day before that.
                    edit:
                    the big white thing in the middle turns off the signals. The steering wheel has groves that fit around that in some fashion
                    Last edited by 90accords; 04-25-2008, 05:51 AM.

Comment

yep, s2k wheels fit on 96-up model accords only, and just as jerry (90accords) pointed out, all OBDII cars. i found this out too when i *tried* to do my s2k wheel swap.

the splines are different. wilson just imagine the steering column as the axle and the steering wheel as the hub. OBDII cars (96-up hondas) have a wider diameter spline on the column thus making the steering wheel hole bigger. so using an OBDII wheel does not even bite onto our steering column.
                      1cor10:31
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords
                        edit:
                        the big white thing in the middle turns off the signals. The steering wheel has groves that fit around that in some fashion
                        that's a JDM switch stalk !
                        1cor10:31
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Gotta Carbing front strut tower bar Type II.
                          Raceline USA

Comment

went psycho on 2 cars today

turbo mazda mp3 & tsx

mazda: i was on the 15 going south and i see a mazda changing lanes making circles around my car.....im like wtf? so he lines up with me i drop it to 3rd and he was pacing with me until i was reaching 7k and he started dropping. i ended it after 130

after that he didnt wanna be near me... i even slowed down to wait for him and he wouldnt go past me... when i went about 55 thats when he passed me up and i followed him each lane he changed to. he was about to exit so i faked a turn signal exit.

tsx: going 15 north i see the hid flicker pulling comming up fast. next thing you know its just pacing with me. there was a passenger that kept looking. so this went on about a mile.... so i down shifted to third and swerved towards them... they took off and i punched it..eventually i caught up to them and passed them...
                            i slowed down and they paced and kept looking at me. so i dropped it again to third and went behind them...they tried driving faster but they couldnt break away. i stayed behind them and started highbeaming them and then turned off my lights for a good 3 miles (empty road since it was almost 145am) right before i exited i high beamed them.

suprisingly i beat a tsx...to me i was expecting to lose.. the mazda had a better run with me.

-yes im psycho on the road..ima get killed one day due to road rage

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
                              went psycho on 2 cars today

turbo mazda mp3 & tsx

mazda: i was on the 15 going south and i see a mazda changing lanes making circles around my car.....im like wtf? so he lines up with me i drop it to 3rd and he was pacing with me until i was reaching 7k and he started dropping. i ended it after 130

after that he didnt wanna be near me... i even slowed down to wait for him and he wouldnt go past me... when i went about 55 thats when he passed me up and i followed him each lane he changed to. he was about to exit so i faked a turn signal exit.

tsx: going 15 north i see the hid flicker pulling comming up fast. next thing you know its just pacing with me. there was a passenger that kept looking. so this went on about a mile.... so i down shifted to third and swerved towards them... they took off and i punched it..eventually i caught up to them and passed them...
                              i slowed down and they paced and kept looking at me. so i dropped it again to third and went behind them...they tried driving faster but they couldnt break away. i stayed behind them and started highbeaming them and then turned off my lights for a good 3 miles (empty road since it was almost 145am) right before i exited i high beamed them.

suprisingly i beat a tsx...to me i was expecting to lose.. the mazda had a better run with me.

-yes im psycho on the road..ima get killed one day due to road rage
                              nice kills jed
                              bought from - b-bomb, Davids92Accord
                              sold to - Old School, DA92CB7, F22Cb7Rid3r
                              ^^ R.I.P. you will be missed

Comment

Kicking ass and taking names jed, wow you spanking a tsx? Non type s I take it? Either way gj.
                                Socal Alliance Represent

Go Cry

Comment

Working...
                                X