No announcement yet.

Socal Whats new with your RIDE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont mean to be a snob or an elitist, didnt foresee my comment to ensue a war aha. Like a good portion of my posts they get swept under the rug, unnoticed and buried. Figured why not, and just posted what I really thought.

Am I better than you guys, hell no aha. I just go get things fixed when they break--too poor to want to do anything else but scavenge for exterior parts. I do what i do like what most people do, just try to roll around in something presentable. I just see guys that have the money and skill to do it right, and want to encourage it. I'm using a different standard as to what "a lot of money" means, mr. balleur johnny :P.

Good call on the black trim piece, I never took the time to go out and get things paint matched because I was "satisfied," but then I got bored and started assembling white pieces. I guess I get bored a lot faster than some of you guys. I live and learn. You can say I'm a trend hopper here, and that all trends progress as the bandwagoners become bored of what they hopped on to, but this isnt tow hooks, yellowed out headlights and etc--parts that get used and abused. This is "paint this, or not paint this" lol. In reality, I want to paint the whole thing Milano red, but I cant so I settle.

I recall that jed did the footwork in getting the wheels to fit, but according to the posts in this page--it should be acceptable for another person to rock similar wheels. I don think jed would have gave two shits if the guy went and bought same spec DIFF wheels and rocked them, no he had to get the same exact ones. You like how it looks on someone else's car so you follow. Not saying this is the right thing to do, actually i've been saying it's not the right thing to do, so w.e. I think this is an isolated incident for wheels, and car color as these are the two most superficial aspects of a car that get noticed most. Same wheels, same color? same car?
    Last edited by ikayto; 09-07-2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

FA1

Comment

too much reading. hahahaha. I don't care what anyone says. those type c's have been the shit on any car since the 90's.

wilson, any more pics???
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by f20aaccordturbo View Post
          nice lip joesue. car is looking sexy
          thanks chan.
          and those wheels are my brother's joey. but I can always use it.

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
            too much reading. hahahaha. I don't care what anyone says. those type c's have been the shit on any car since the 90's.

wilson, any more pics???
            *cliff notes*

-wilson made another dumb remark

-we just got in his case about it.

-He's defending himself

the end.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
              I'm using a different standard as to what "a lot of money" means, mr. balleur johnny :P.
              Hmmm let's see here....

Paint job on my CB was from Earl Scheib.

Replica G-Square grille < your Chargespeed.

Xenon front lip is 3rd or 4th hand.

H22? Nope original F22A6

Rolling on 10 year old Tokico HP struts and 10 year old Ground Control coilovers. Bought these when I was a starving College student.

JDM one piece = yours

Head unit = OEM

Steering wheel = OEM

I can go on if you like. Only thing I bought brand new for the CB was the WS2. Type-C's were bought on a budget also. So when it comes down to it you've probably spent more money on your CB then I have.
              ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

yea i know my car sucks, but it's hard for me to ignore the pattern of RH love lol. I could never build a worthy car because I lack the skill and money, but just offering an opinion on those who do and would like glory--type-c in its purest form is stale. I mean wheels arent everything, but it's a good start.
                I didn't say your car sucks directly, but shit wilson.... you have to admit, the way you came out with saying "type c's again?" comes off as a real snobby comment. Like you told me earlier, you dont look at the history of the wheel you just look at its face and base your decision on that. i came off as a dick about the comment about your wheels is because how you came off with type c comment. Racing harts are some real deal rims.

You Jed, yourself, have entered into shows, you cant tell me that having someone else's similar exterior part just takes away some individuality and uniqueness. You got pissed when a dude was going to rock Rezax in the same offset/width on his lude--why were you mad?
                the real reason it pissed me off is because when i asked preludepower about doing a low offset, i got shitty/snobby remarks from people on there. now that ive done it, people want to low offset and on top of that i have someone trying to clone my car. wouldnt you be pissed too?! I started the low offset bandwagon on preludepower, thats why people are making threads about my car's wheel set up. With exterior prelude parts, there are not much to choose from. As you can see every prelude out there looks pretty similar, so go figure... I had to formulate something that will distinguish myself from them and i did so by my choice of wheels.

I just see guys that have the money and skill to do it right, and want to encourage it. I'm using a different standard as to what "a lot of money" means, mr. balleur johnny

ill just let johnny rip you a new one on that one.

sorry I guess what I say shouldnt apply to accords, we're a chassis that people will see a ok accord and forget about it and move on. Civic/teg world, no use in competing? Now I'm digressing, starting to look like the "why there arent any more CBs in magazine thread" where joey and rodrez came in.
                I understand the reason why joey and rodrez stated why there arnt more CBs in the magazine. Its because of the crab mentality effect in this forum. Someone tries to climb out of the bowl, the others bring him back down. Its like southern california vs the rest of this forum, were the most hated forum on the region. a lot of guys have a hate for socal and try to claim that they're better or they have something better to offer, at the end they have nothing to show for. We try to bring light to this forum stay humble and all we get in return is "fuck socal" i just dont only see CBs as a chasis that people forget about, its about the prelude and accord community vs the civics and integs. i dont give a 2 shits on anyone if they said our cars are weak. but if you think our cars are weak then you should move on.

Comment

c'mon guys. chill.

Comment

c'mon guys. chill.
                    No this is fun! It's intervention time!!!!
                    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
                      Hmmm let's see here....

Paint job on my CB was from Earl Scheib.

Replica G-Square grille < your Chargespeed.

Xenon front lip is 3rd or 4th hand.

H22? Nope original F22A6

Rolling on 10 year old Tokico HP struts and 10 year old Ground Control coilovers. Bought these when I was a starving College student.

JDM one piece = yours

Head unit = OEM

Steering wheel = OEM

I can go on if you like. Only thing I bought brand new for the CB was the WS2. Type-C's were bought on a budget also. So when it comes down to it you've probably spent more money on your CB then I have.
                      THIS was shaping up to be a "nice" car, paint, wheels, stance. Really was missing the engine. I know jed will chime and say he got everything for relatively "cheap" but jed knows it was still unfinished--more expenses needed down the road, but like for everyone money doesnt grow on trees and that's all she wrote.

I dont want to get into critiquing everyone's car, and keep this argument raging. I was just inserting a comment, that snow balled.

Sure you spent less than me, but up till a year or so ago this was a fun project for me, not really saddened if this didnt work out right, or if this looked good--was just fun to me. Was careless on what I bought is what I'm trying to say. I've gone through a lot of shit aha, my closet is full of stuff I want to throw away but I'm a pack rat.
                      Last edited by ikayto; 09-07-2009, 06:22 PM.

Comment

c'mon guys. chill.
                        X2.

Comment

since ive notice people are posting whats new with their ride in the post whore thread, ill re-open this one.

lets try to keep the retarded comments to ones self this time around.

whats new?
                          the car got a good ol' cleaning inside out. and garaged by itself with my parents car outside since they're out of town.

Comment

New air filter and added some air to the tires. Some day I'll do something big though.

My swap thread
                            Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

what's new with me is beware of people next to you text messaging and switch lane out of nowhere
                              [

Comment

[QUOTE=slowguy7;2208151]what's new with me is beware of people next to you text messaging and switch lane out of nowhere
                                QUOTE]

true that... I've had my share of close calls

Comment

Working...
                                X