• Time
  • Show
Clear All

bought a boost guage and a afr guage.
    contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
      Well damn. On my way home from the meet I could no longer resist the urge to pop my........

VTEC cherry

I was in second gear and just went for it. The engine ran like a champ and oh so smooth.
      what up kane...........finally pop the vtec cherry....lol

Originally posted by deevergote
      Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by blvs125
        what up kane...........finally pop the vtec cherry....lol
        Yeah, and it's nice. I gotta get some practice though cause today I punched it in first gear and couldn't shift fast enough.....the needle bounced off the rev limiter or something

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

i knew you couldn't hold off 500 miles to break in the clutch kane

since you popped your vtec cherry, did you bleed?
          Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by BIEN_DIESEL
            dam cali people catching on h22a so late, in s fl we been doing this since mid 90s. i got so many h22a that i threw some away and gave some away, i still got 2 h23, 2 fully built turbo h22a and 2 reg h22a and a few heads,and some trannies. should brought them all here and sell them

theres plenty of guys with h22s on cbs that i knew waaay back then before this website became popular. my homie was one of the first egs to have the h22 implanted.

its just this site helped boost its popularity with h22s on cbs now. but yea you should of seen the san diego guys 2 years ago almost 90% of us had swaps. glad to see that the IE and LA are finally catching up to the sd train haha.

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
              i knew you couldn't hold off 500 miles to break in the clutch kane

since you popped your vtec cherry, did you bleed?
              LOL, well maybe the clutch is bleeding. If I take off a little to hard, especially on a hill something is making a noise. I'm thinking it's chatter but doesn't sound at all like when the old F22 clutch would chatter. Sounds kind of like a grinding noise.......not when shifting though so I know it's not gears.

My swap thread

Comment

i see, i suggest we listen to this noise with a stethescope(sp), this way we can pin point the exact problem,
                Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by f20aaccordturbo
                  hey david make sure u got alot of gas cus your gonna be on 2 and 3 gear all the way up. ehe
                  How did your tires handle on the touge? You're running toyo proxies 4 right?

Are those rs wantanabe's in the sig??

Comment

the VTEC LOL the motor is techincally broken in though so you should be ok. the clutch should be fine just as long as you didn't dump it too fast. i actually waited 1 week for VTEC then waited 1000miles before doing it again b/c i felt bad LOL. congrats kane!
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

hey david make sure u got alot of gas cus your gonna be on 2 and 3 gear all the way up. ehe
                      dude dont even trip ill be ready for it so just let me know when you guys decide to roll out there

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                      "2SIIC"
                      Authentic Jerseys for sale
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

new to the ride is

kenwood 7 in, indash navigation unit and dvd,cd, etc
                        viper remote star pager alarm thanks to damien
                        finally wet sanded and buffed, glazed and waxed

and other things to come
                        Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
                          i see, i suggest we listen to this noise with a stethescope(sp), this way we can pin point the exact problem,
                          Well the noise does not exist when car is not moving at all, no matter what RPM. So that would make it hard to use a stethescope unless you're not afraid of sitting on top of the engine with the hood up when I take off in first gear LOL. Only happens when from a semi-hard to hard launch when to much gas peddle is applied. I'm pretty sure it is chatter, just doesn't sound like what I remember chatter sounding like (it's louder). But if it doesn't go away in a few hundred miles of clutch break in then I'll definately wanna do some more research on it and let you hear it.

You waited another 1000 miles Timmy? Thats a lot of will power LOL.

My swap thread

Comment

you might have a few loose bolts on your flywheel. i had that problem before.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
                              you might have a few loose bolts on your flywheel. i had that problem before.
                              Hmmm. I never would have thought of that. I used a torqe wrench on them and double checked em all. But maybe the wrench is out of calibration. god I hope its not something serious like that cause pulling the tranny back out would be a bitch.

My swap thread

Comment

did u use loc tite on them kane?
                                Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                                X