Socal Whats new with your RIDE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CENTER CONSOLE MINI PROJECT:

I went to AutoZone and bought a can of black paint for plastic items, came back home and began taking off my center console. I had one problem though, both my seats do not move forward so it was a BITCH getting off the last two screws near the rear ash tray, after a while I finally got the screws off, pulled the center console off. After that I washed the whole console down with dish soap for about 45 minutes, made sure it had no dirt, stains, etc. Wiped it one more time with a wet rag and then dried it. Now it's sitting in my backyard; I'm going to paint it tomorrow morning A.S.A.P. I might also paint those things on the bottom of the car when you open the doors, not sure what they're called but I hope you guys get what I'm talking about. lol.

AN UPDATE AND PICS WILL BE UP TOMORROW
    Last edited by BatmannamtaB; 09-07-2008, 01:22 AM.

Comment

door sills?

what's wrong with your current center console trim? Faded?

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
        door sills?

what's wrong with your current center console trim? Faded?
        Bingo! Those things. lol.

No my interior is beige, and I've always hated how in the middle it's beige, I want it all to be completely black so it can flow much better

EDIT: I also have 2 "Accord" emblems and 2 "Honda" emblems (the old square-ish looking "Honda"), anyone have some ideas on where I could use any of those emblems? I was thinking of putting the "honda" one on my center console right before the shifter begins.
        Last edited by BatmannamtaB; 09-07-2008, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BatmannamtaB View Post
          CENTER CONSOLE MINI PROJECT:

I went to AutoZone and bought a can of black paint for plastic items, came back home and began taking off my center console. I had one problem though, both my seats do not move forward so it was a BITCH getting off the last two screws near the rear ash tray, after a while I finally got the screws off, pulled the center console off. After that I washed the whole console down with dish soap for about 45 minutes, made sure it had no dirt, stains, etc. Wiped it one more time with a wet rag and then dried it. Now it's sitting in my backyard; I'm going to paint it tomorrow morning A.S.A.P. I might also paint those things on the bottom of the car when you open the doors, not sure what they're called but I hope you guys get what I'm talking about. lol.

AN UPDATE AND PICS WILL BE UP TOMORROW
          Duplicolor trim paint matches the dash perfectly.

Comment

So are you saying I got the wrong paint?

Comment

black is black.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                black is black.
                I got the "Krylon" black paint. I'm sure it will be the same, I'm just excited to paint this mofo already. lol

Comment

miines is painted, but now its all scratched up after 3 years

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

UPDATE:

So I woke up about 2 hours ago and got started, my uncle had some kind of metal thing that I could hang the parts from and I started painting it. It's currently sitting outside, under the shade, completely black. It looks so fucking awesome! I'm going to recoat it in 2 hours.

Comment

took out my main relay and there seems to be NO cracks...hmmm. i did notice that there was some kind of brownish stuff on top and around the metal parts. do know if thats bad.?.? possibly might have to but a new one, or just resolder it over again.

pix suck...

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
                        boostin, looks decent man. what wheels did ralph sell the car with?

no wheels........ i had to bring my own
                        95 Accord Wagon
                        95 Integra GSR

Comment

Originally posted by J'SR@C3R1_818 View Post
                          took out my main relay and there seems to be NO cracks...hmmm. i did notice that there was some kind of brownish stuff on top and around the metal parts. do know if thats bad.?.? possibly might have to but a new one, or just resolder it over again.

pix suck...

mine had brown stuff all over it also I just picked it off with a toothpick. just resolder it.

Comment

i looked at the diy on this relay thing again. i looked at the ones that were cracked on his and compared it to mine. i think it has cracks now that i see it.same exact place as kane's. there actually round right?? probably just do it..

Comment

brown thing = FLUX, a reducing agent designed to help remove impurities (specifically oxidised metals) from the points of contact to improve the electrical connection.

Comment

Originally posted by casterX View Post
                                brown thing = FLUX, a reducing agent designed to help remove impurities (specifically oxidised metals) from the points of contact to improve the electrical connection.

Wilson OWNED.
                                www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

Working...
                                X