No announcement yet.

Socal Whats new with your RIDE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Jed, Glad you're OK as well At least you can get your hood painted again like you always wanted

I almost had an accident on the way home today as well. Guy made left from the N and I was heading E. Dumbass in pick up hauling A TRAILER couldn't wait and tried to cutoff a tundra that was in front of me and I almost rear ended the tundra. Made the tires squeal. Scared the shit out me.....that my front end could have got damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by J'SR@C3R1_818 View Post
      Damn Jed, Glad you're OK as well At least you can get your hood painted again like you always wanted

I almost had an accident on the way home today as well. Guy made left from the N and I was heading E. Dumbass in pick up hauling A TRAILER couldn't wait and tried to cutoff a tundra that was in front of me and I almost rear ended the tundra. Made the tires squeal. Scared the shit out me.....that my front end could have got damaged.
      Damn, its cool you were able to brake in time . When I'm driving I usually keep a car length or 2 from other cars, just in case...
      "PREPARE for the WORSE, Hope for the BEST" B.T.N.H.

Comment

thanks guys. i wonder if something is hiding in that hole haha.

but yea atleast the guy i talked to said that he's going to paint my lips redo my bumper and whatever needs to be fixed included.

Comment

oem windshield jed, aftermarket stuff cracks easier.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
            thanks guys. i wonder if something is hiding in that hole haha.

but yea atleast the guy i talked to said that he's going to paint my lips redo my bumper and whatever needs to be fixed included.
            Thats cool. So whats gonna be the turn around time? Keep us updated on how it goes. Post pics too

Comment

Originally posted by trubluryder View Post
              Thats cool. So whats gonna be the turn around time? Keep us updated on how it goes. Post pics too
              dont know yet. ill find out tomrrow after i drop off the car.

i hope it isnt too long. ill miss my car dearly. but i rather have then take their time and perfect what they are doing.

Comment

damn jed. it appears that some of us are having bad luck with our cars. right before the meet too. at least you're ok.
                The beginning of a new era............................
                165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

dang jed sorry to see/hear about your ride, first clutch and now the windshield. i'm beating on my exedy stage1 all day at the track. i hope it doesn't get down to that terrible of a catastrophe during it. gl with the repairs and i'll hit you up on the tires soon.
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                    dont know yet. ill find out tomrrow after i drop off the car.

i hope it isnt too long. ill miss my car dearly. but i rather have then take their time and perfect what they are doing.
                    I know whatchu mean. When my car is down, I'm always in rush to get it back up and running. Can't stand that shit knowing that I'm not able to drive my car lol.

Yeah, let them take their time. Usally when you rush shit, they either gonna take a short cut or the quality will be bad

Btw Jed, when they repaint the damaged part like the hood and roof, are they gonna wetsand and buff for you? If not, ask them to

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
                    damn jed. it appears that some of us are having bad luck with our cars. right before the meet too. at least you're ok.
                    So damn true. Before the last meet, I got into a car accident. And a few days ago, my slave totally gave out. Got it fixed within 1hour-ish.

Hopefully everyone on this forum makes it out to the meet with more bad luck
                    Last edited by trubluryder; 05-21-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trubluryder View Post
                      Btw Jed, when they repaint the damaged part like the hood and roof, are they gonna wetsand and buff for you? If not, ask them to
                      Wet sand and buffing the car will make it look nice (I had the body shop do it to my CB), but it does minimize the clear coat making it easier for the clear coat to fail and spread.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
                        Wet sand and buffing the car will make it look nice (I had the body shop do it to my CB), but it does minimize the clear coat making it easier for the clear coat to fail and spread.
                        This is true for oem clear coats because of so little materials used . But if someone is repainting your car a 2 stage ( base coat/clear coat), usually they will lay down about 3 layers of clear. Wet sanding this won't be a problem . IF they don't wetsand/buff for Jed's car, you will see little to lots of orange peel or little imperfections ( depending on the painters quality of spraying/enviorement.

I just recently had my car painted 3 stage ( pearl white) a few months ago. I went out and bought a rotory buffer and wet sanded a few of my friends car and my car (Not done yet though). Let me tell you, it makes a night and day difference

Here are a few pics of the hood, after messing around with wet sanding and buffing for the first time.

Last edited by trubluryder; 05-21-2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

the car is gonna be picked up because i sent my pictures to the car insurance and they didnt want me to drive when the glass was cracking.

well we'll see how the car turns out. there are nothing but 5-star testimonials from yahoo.com

Comment

If they have a five-star rating on yahoo from reviewers, then they must be good. There's nothing to worry about

Comment

so i went to talk to the guy who runs the body shop, he got me thinking about painting my car.

i might bring back a color on this prelude.

Comment

candy red prelude :]

Comment

Working...
                                X