Socal Whats new with your RIDE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the section that says NO (PPM)
    i got 2800 at 15 mph (max 799), and 1572 at 25mph (max 738)
    gross polluter...

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

wowser!!!!!!!!!!!! GP...................
      The beginning of a new era............................
      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by b3nsonx View Post
        the section that says NO (PPM)
        i got 2800 at 15 mph (max 799), and 1572 at 25mph (max 738)
        gross polluter...
        Time for an EGR cleanup Benson

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
          Time for an EGR cleanup Benson
          Hit up Jesus. He cleaned out my EGR ports and I passes smog easily.
          ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

i liked timmy's method ahah

opened up the port on the lower runners near the egr ports, jacked up one side and let the carb cleaner flow!

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
            ok guys great news, i passed smog! here is what i did to remedy the situation.

first was to clean the EGR system. i removed my EGR valve, which is a pain w/o the right tools and cleaned it out using carb cleaner and a toothbrush. i made sure to remove all the carbon build-up that was there from the f22a. then i started to clean the EGR ports, WITHOUT removing or drilling the service plugs. this is what i did.

i poured seafoam into the runner which is the rectangular hole, not the circular hole where the exhaust gases come from. i poured until it overflowed. then i jacked the pass side WAY up to tilt the car/motor and get the liquid to pour into the ports and runners. then i let it sit for 5 minutes before starting the car. i temporarily hooked up the electrical plug and vac hose to the EGR so when i started the car it won't throw a CEL, but felt it hanging on the side. i let all the carbon and seafoam burn for 5 minutes. i looked at my exhaust tip and found bits of carbon chips that flew out. i would have thought the cat would filter that crap but i guess it didn't.

after the 5 minutes i started to spray carb cleaner into the same rectangular hole. as i sprayed the car would bog since i was flooding the fuel charge, so i would only give small doses of cleaner at a time. i would also hold the rev higher via throttle body and spray some more cleaner in there. i repeated this one more time for good measure. i also tried blowing compressed air into the runner when the motor was both off and on but that always led to carb cleaner splattering all over my face and engine bay . after i saw the shine of aluminum through the holes i was satisfied that it was clean and reinstalled everything back together. i hoped that the ports where as clean too.

next i retarded the timing a tad. if this is stock ->, mine was at _> which isn't too bad i think.

so i brought the car back to the same spot as my first test. i told the same guy that did my smog that i cleaned the EGR ports. this time it went much quicker and faster but i turned the car off while waiting for my turn. this allowed my cat to cool a bit.

when he got to it he still did the LPFET (low pressure fuel evaporative test) like last time but this time he also checked my timing. i was scared that he would find the timing was bad but he didn't and continued with the test (phew!). he did NOT hold the rpms high like he did last time to warm up the cat. he just started the test as he would a normal car. i was scared that the cat wasn't going to be hot enough but here are the results:

meas = amount measured
            ave = average for passing cars
            max = maximum allowable
            (in parenthesis) = first test numbers

15mph test:
            1991 (1807) RPM
            %CO2 meas 13.39 (13.68)
            %O2 meas 1.21 (0.92)
            HC (PPM) max:116 ave:31 meas:113 (32)
            CO(%) max:0.74 ave:0.10 meas:.17 (0.03)
            NO(PPM) max:791 ave:237 meas:0397 (946)

25mph test:
            2168 (2199) RPM
            %CO2 meas 13.50 (13.60)
            %O2 meas 1.26 (1.07)
            HC (PPM) max:91 ave:20 meas:41 (34)
            CO(%) max:0.62ave:0.09 meas:0.08 (0.03)
            NO(PPM) max:730 ave:199 meas:0094 (826)

results:
            PASS test

after looking at the numbers the %CO2, %O2, HC, and CO% increased from the last time probably due to not heating the cat more . the NO number dropped A LOT by just cleaning the EGR and retarding the timing. amazing!

i did not change anything else other than what i mentioned above. as you can see it is 100% possible to smog a jdm motor WITH a jdm ecu! thanks to all who helped me get this done. hopefully someone finds this stuff important in the future!
            Last edited by ikayto; 10-21-2009, 11:14 PM.

Comment

lol yea, planning to do the EGR cleaning tomorrow, unless i find myself an h23 intake manifold and throttle body at the jy tomorrow. then i might as well swap that in while im at it

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

big brake upgrade
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                  big brake upgrade
                  what kind?

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
                    That vw is too new. It's. Gotta be 68 or older. My future vw will b a old bug with the two windows on the rear hatch.
                    Get a 52...... It was the last year they made the split, and the only year they had an optional glove box door. If you don't have baller status to buy an OG one, you can get a repo window kit that converts the big window style to the split, and there is a company in spain that sells a metal repop of the split dash

Comment

apexi ws1. installed. nice and quiet now!

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                        apexi ws1. installed. nice and quiet now!
                        WS or WS2?
                        Raceline USA

Comment

i think ws1 means just the first ws, jed came up big on that ahah.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                            i think ws1 means just the first ws, jed came up big on that ahah.
                            ws1 ws same shiet.

hell yea i came up big. it hangs a lil too low because of the hangars that already came with it. but i can always adjust it later on. atleast the tip isnt melting my lip anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X