Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys im in the market for an accord prefer a 4 door auto, with nothing dont to it, i need it to run sound, and have a pretty straight body, not looking to fork over more than 3k and looking for it somewhere in texas. Lemme know if u know of any cars that might fit the bill. pm me if u want, i dont get on here much anymore so if u want a speedy reply text me at 325.668.0547

Thanks

Comment

Well I got my paycheck, and I plan on getting my headgasket replaced. I already ordered Bisimoto's F22A Non-Vtec Pro Springs, because I plan on having the head resurfaced, new oem valves, seats, retainers and Pro Springs so that once my car is "tunable", I can send my old a1 cam in to Bisimoto for his lvl 2 regrind.

I plan on having the repairs done by the end of next week before the big Austin meet.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Good luck bro wish you luck, as for me still trying to sell my SC, found so many cb7's just don't have the cash yet, I decided to go with a 4 door cb7, I just need the scrilla!
        99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

^^ I'm suprised nobody is interested in the SC, used cars are more popular then new cars these days. Only reason people buy new cars these days are for the "piece of mind" warranty, but you pay out the $$$$ up front for it. With used cars you find something that is in good shape, maintain it, fix it when it breaks (if its material it will break), its still cheaper then paying for a new car. Hardest part I would have a problem with going from the SC to the CB would be the lack of leather... Good luck on the sale bro! I look forward to hopefully seeing you at the Austin Meet!

Comment

Not really....with the crappy economy and so on dealers are slashing prices and offering generous payment plans especially the automakers that are going out of business.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

New cars = overengineered pieces of shit good for about as long as the warranty period is, and even then new cars have their share of breakdowns, and now almost the entire car is wired up that onstar could tell when your not wearing a seatbelt, and everything is blank-by-wire, only good thing is you have a billion sensors, but then thats a billion sensors to go wrong. Don't get me started on airbags... 8 airbags, $700 a pop, hit or get hit by something at 5mph and they all blow, well you can do the math. (I'd rather have the safety system from the movie "Demolition Man" where the car turns into a giant "canoli" ). Plus most the new cars weigh more then our cb's, have fun pushing it when it breaks down.
              Last edited by cloudasc; 06-13-2009, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                New cars = overengineered pieces of shit good for about as long as the warranty period is
                That is a joke right....ignorance gotta love it.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Even honda has gone downhill with some of its designs, I saw a k20 from an si civic hatchback that came into my mechanic for a head gasket @ 100k, when he tore it open, there was excessive wear and pitting on the camshafts, and after digging a little deeper, found out that its not even rebuildable due to warped cylinders. (BTW the owner is an old man, who doesn't race or abuse the car, and did all the regular maintance).

I'm not saying all cars are over-engineered pieces of crap, but the majority are, the automakers want to keep you buying new cars, so they design components to break down around a certain mileage (thank computer engineering for that one), usually after the warranty expires, leaving you with your dick between legs and looking at shelling out 2+grand to fix whatever they designed to break. (Fords like to blow motors, Dodge likes to have you replace transmissions/rear ends/axels, these are just some examples)

To me, new cars these days are only meant to be on the road for 100k, before you need to replace it another 100k mile car.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                    Even honda has gone downhill with some of its designs, I saw a k20 from an si civic hatchback that came into my mechanic for a head gasket @ 100k, when he tore it open, there was excessive wear and pitting on the camshafts, and after digging a little deeper, found out that its not even rebuildable due to warped cylinders. (BTW the owner is an old man, who doesn't race or abuse the car, and did all the regular maintance).

I'm not saying all cars are over-engineered pieces of crap, but the majority are, the automakers want to keep you buying new cars, so they design components to break down around a certain mileage (thank computer engineering for that one), usually after the warranty expires, leaving you with your dick between legs and looking at shelling out 2+grand to fix whatever they designed to break. (Fords like to blow motors, Dodge likes to have you replace transmissions/rear ends/axels, these are just some examples)

To me, new cars these days are only meant to be on the road for 100k, before you need to replace it another 100k mile car.
                    I can probably tell you why that old man had a worn engine...Older people tend to neglect taking care of there engines. I have worked on plenty of peoples cars from the "older" generation...hell a woman brang her car into do a tire rotation at my friends shop when I worked there and hadn't changed the oil for 50k or so. Old people or people with a lack of car sense tend to neglect there cars or not deal with it until too late. Another thing it sounds like that person with the SI hatch ran his car hot...It was overheating for shit to be worn that bad. Fords are getting better from what they were. I have yet to see one blow a motor yet unless its neglect again. The only problem I have seen with ford most of the time is the damn V6 engines which are crap other than that everything else is decent other than making it hard to reach for anything else (Other than that one incident with the 6.0L that blew itself up with the cat clogging up the exhaust due to a sulfur filter to tone down diesel emissions). Dodges/Chryslers have been crap...Other than there cummins lines of pickups. The newer dodges and chryslers cant even meet CAFE standards which is sad compared to GM and ford which are implementing technology. I also disagree with your 100k statement...I have people boosting 100k motors just fine on the stock block/pistons only to have an aftermarket head gasket and studs. Personally either you have seen some shoddy work or people that don't take care of there cars. Some cars I can tell were made to break down within a few miles and some you know they were built to last with proper maintenance. Honda hasn't gone downhill with quality. They are still one of the top manufacturers along with Toyota. There quality is still one of the top standing out of most manufacturers. GM and Ford are doing a lot better other than cheap lookign interiors...I would buy a CTS-V if I had the cash also. It sucks GM is going under now and most of its good brands are gonna get dumped. Anyway you cant speculate a new car just because someone brings it in and it breaks down at 100k...My acura TL has over 100k and it still runs just fine with a minor sub rattle around the trunk area which is not much to fix...But speculation on one car doesnt say anything about the quality of newer cars. Airbags on the other hand with your expensive 700 or so a pop...thats for safety. Most people would rather value there life than there cars. I have seen lots of cars and the most prone to fail are audis/vw's since they have most of there crap held in my clips and shit made out of plastic. Plastic slave and master cylinders fail, plastic clips snap over time, etc...what I have noticed working on Audis. And 2+ grand to fix? I disagree with that...You can find broken sensors and crap for pretty cheap. This isnt the early 90s where computer control costs an arm and a leg. Technology has advanced and it is cheap for modern day electronics. The only time I see you shelling money out is when you have active diffs and so on but those but I have yet to see a new M3 come in for damages. Anyway I would rant on more but I am already going off topic.

What I am saying newer cars might be more expensive but they give users a piece of mind and knowing the U.S. people want there luxuries. Me I like older cars just because of the ease to work on. I also like newer cars with what manufacturers have implemented to monitor certain aspects and try to clean the atmosphere and engine design. So either way saying that these cars are made to fail at 100k is just an ignorant statement. You have to keep in mind if the car fails so soon there is also the customer and how he/she treats and maintains his/her vehicle not just because something is not repairable at 100k.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Dang I just want another cb7, somebody get somebody to buy my damn SC, forgot the economy somebody want a 2jz!

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh View Post
                        Dang I just want another cb7, somebody get somebody to buy my damn SC, forgot the economy somebody want a 2jz!
                        CALIFORNIA! lol what have you posted on anyway? YOu just do craigslist only?

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Great discussion Nail05!

I understand where you are coming from, you have alot of great points. Like I said not all cars are designed to break down within said interval, but I do find it has happened to several people I know. Then again most people I know have budget new cars, 10-20k range. I have noticed that the moderately priced automobiles, tend to have a better longetivity then the budget cars, you get what you pay for in the end.

For Honda the best designed motors for reliability are the B, D, F, H, & J Series imo. Then again I'm not a mechanic, or work for a auto shop and everyones experiences will be different.

Now when it comes to computers, I got 15+ years of in depth hands-on experience.

Comment

Craiglist dfw/houston, dfwsupras, clubna-t, clublexus lol.

Comment

Damn lol. That sucks! haha well patience I guess man.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Gona be in houston for Three weeks, Ill be arriving Monday evening. Ill be working all week, but wtf am I gona do on the weekends? Anyone wanna fight? jk

What is there to do? I know ima be eating mad crawfish.
                                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                                X