X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mxcx
    H isnt B.
    yeah i know the b series are smaller so i figure it will run out of air sooner right?

Comment

Negatory. 2.2 vs 1.6L vs 1.8L is a diff.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

right i push more air than the 1.6 or 1.8 i have 2.3 but i will not as much boost topps 10-12 so whada ya think the 57 would be okay? im not looking for huge power around 225-250 is all i need.

Comment

off topic - we bought another accord today. LOL for a grand and two hours later sold it for 2, i think its the best day ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne
            off topic - we bought another accord today. LOL for a grand and two hours later sold it for 2, i think its the best day ever!!!
            Damn nice turnaround. .57 trim what kinda of turbo?

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Damn nice turnaround. .57 trim what kinda of turbo?
              garrett, even tho i have blown my garrett owell does the trim level actually mean that the turbo is bigger? i dont understand the trim what the hell is it?

and it was a hell of a turn around it was a 92 coupe ex with 87K on it the car was CLEAN but it was an auto, or we would of kept it. either way the guy bought it at an auction 3 years ago and all it needed was rotors he couldnt figure it out so it sat for 3 years till we happen to drive by and ask if he wanted to sell it. LOL.
              Last edited by midnightrayne; 04-21-2007, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Basically. Trim is the measurement of the impellers. Its kinda like a ratio between the outer fins and inner fins of the turbo. Dunno if that makes sense. Usually the bigger the number the bigger the turbo. I will check with my buddy H22A turbo. He had a t3/t4 that came with his revhard kit. I think it was a .60 trim. I think he said he spooled around 3500 on his car or something like that. Ill check and get back to you.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

see i saw a 60 trim that they said goes on a 240 and i was thinking about it but it was internally wastegated ( i know i can change it) but i figured it was smaller. and the stuff about the trim makes sense, i guess i need to do some more reading, just sucks i know what im doing and still dont seem to have a clue LOL. owell i can always pull the im a girl card

Comment

Yea you need to check the A/R also. The Trim can only go so big the larger you go eventually the A/R has to increase also. Usually people run a smaller A/R hot side and a bigger compressor side to help spool because of the exhaust velocity and such our cars put out. So theres a lot to look into. Also I verified with my friend turns out his was a .50-.55 for the rev hard it was a t3/t4. So anything from a .57-.6 should give you decent power if you feel like upping it in the future also.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Another bump to this thread. There will be an meet going on over in Nashville Tennessee. Dunno if any of you are wanting to drive that far =D. Haha but heres a link with more info.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=28933

Just wondering if anyone felt like taking a road trip.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

heres a break down on a few of them that im looking at
                        option 1 - . 50 A/R COMPRESSOR .63 A/R TURBINE .57 TRIM
                        option 2 - .48 A/R compressor .60 A/R tubrin .60 trim - internal ws
                        option 3 - Compressor .60 A/R Compressor
                        Turbine 1.15A/R Turbine
                        Compressor Wheel 0.57T Compressor Wheel
                        Exducer: 2.32"
                        Mayor:3.00"
                        Exducer: 2.07"
                        Mayor:2.36"
                        Hot Side .58

i dont even think i know what half that crapp means.

Comment

The smaller A/R is gonna help your spool time (smaller = quicker). Turbine side would be your hot side and compressor would be the cold side. Exducer is the outer fins of the wheel. There is also an Inducer which is the inner wheel. I do not know what mayor is though lol never heard of that.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

haha so if i read that right my option 1 and 3 are about the same??? LOL im a idiot! owell i keep leaning towards the 57 trim i want the bigger hot side and the slower spool between the .48 and .50 cannot be that much. im thinking it will get the job done, anything has to better than what i am running right now.

Comment

for my local cb7tuners... i have a BNIB dropzone coilovers if someone is interested lmk asap i need some $$ im willing to let these go for $90 bucks picked up maannn in houston,Tx

Vouches:accord93racer, 93twodoorLX(twice), kmart64, deevergote, 92cord, Datmofo, DarkShadow707,slammed4thgen
                              Old MR Thread

1996 Prelude SE- Project
                              1996 Lexus SC300-Daily

Comment

hey trev i saw on D.I. u went 2 the one point meet. i was there 2 what time did u go out there for

Comment

Working...
                                X