laws/emmissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laws/emmissions

How strict is it in the SE? I'll be moving to Georgia soon, but will be traveling all over the SE most of the time.

I MIGHT keep my car registered here in WA, just so I can skimp on emissions, if there is any.

But how strict are cops down there? Speeding/ride height/exhaust db's...etc. I don't want to be hassled by cops when I get down there.

Depending on how strict they are, I might not drive my car over there.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Pretty freaking lax. Safety only inspections in NC on all cars that are pre-OBD-II.

I have gotten hassled once before. That was in Georgia headed to Atlanta who pulled me over for "modified exhaust" however I think he thought I was riding dirty and wanted to look around.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

well here in TN or Tullahoma they don't really give a damn... i think just around the major cities they can be a little tight on the exhaust deal... but for the most parts its pretty easy going.

Originally posted by Devergote
      A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

as long as ur stockish looking you wont have a problem

Comment

Ride height- they don't care.
          Exhaust - pretty relaxed.
          "Booming" systems - pissy

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

knoxville they dont care bout anything really...i've had my system on beside cops at red lights..no big deal..pigeon forge and stuff they are mad bout system but we dont get bothered around here...nashville has emissions i know that much idk bout memphis or anything..knoxville dont have it either
            Members Ride / Facebook

Comment

Meh, I don't like systems either.

And my car isn't loud really.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                Meh, I don't like systems either.

And my car isn't loud really.

To be honest, you should not have any problems here in the SE, you can tune, so you can pass emissions. only select counties have emissions. they dont really say anything unless you are causing a scene. you'll be perfectly fine jose.

Comment

List of counties in GA that require emissions:
                  * Cherokee

* Clayton

* Cobb

* Coweta

* DeKalb

* Douglas

* Fayette

* Forsyth

* Fulton

* Gwinnett

* Henry

* Paulding

* Rockdale

A good chunk of these counties are in the Atlanta metro area, and I think Savannah. Not sure what county Augusta is in, but it is not that big of a city so emissions probably won't be applicable to you.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Put it this way the further south you go the more relaxed they are...FL actually has none..
                    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                    ....................My New Baby
                    SOLD TO
                    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                      Put it this way the further south you go the more relaxed they are...FL actually has none..
                      actually i think there are some couties that have emmissions. i think they are near j-ville, not sure. always heard there were about 4 counties in FL that had them.

**edit...nevermind, the dmv website says all emissions/smog tests were abolished in 2000.
                      Last edited by bagoon316; 03-27-2008, 09:46 AM.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316
                        actually i think there are some couties that have emmissions. i think they are near j-ville, not sure. always heard there were about 4 counties in FL that had them.

**edit...nevermind, the dmv website says all emissions/smog tests were abolished in 2000.
                        See i told ya..
                        accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                        ....................My New Baby
                        SOLD TO
                        ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

ehhh nashville isnt bad. emissions sucks balls though ... all counties touching davidson county has emissions. systems it depends on where ur at downtown franklin they will eat ur ass for playing music too loud system or not doesnt matter. exhust and ride hieght just dont be stupid and they done care ....
                          Members Ride sold...
                          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

They tried to get emissions in florida but that was shot down epically hard. Emissions don't exist really in the SE. Florida especially. They could careless. Where in GA going moving too?
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

My stuff will be in Augusta, but I'll be working all over the SE. I probably will only be at the house maybe 1 week out of the month if that.

Comment

Working...
                              X