• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no NOPI NATS this year or maybe ever

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...2&page=1&pp=20

http://www.nopi.com/nopims/dsp_news.php?vaid=1463
    NHRA STATEMENT ON NOPI SERIES CANCELLATION

NHRA is surprised and extremely disappointed to hear that NOPI Motorsports has announced that it plans to cancel the rest of the 2008 NOPI Drag Racing Series season.

With this announcement, NHRA is encouraging sport compact racers to consider options available within NHRA and its NHRA member track network.

Two national programs that offer alternatives to sport compact racers include the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series and the NHRA Summit Racing Series. Both programs offer a number of classes and venues for sport compact enthusiasts to enjoy the sport of sport compact racing at a local, regional and national level.

The NHRA member track network offers a number of weekly programs that provide a platform for sport compact racing. Additionally, Battle of the Imports has four NHRA member tracks remaining on its 2008 season schedule, with events planned in Sacramento, Seattle, Portland and Fontana, Calif.

For more information log on to nhra.com.

July 16, 2008 It is with great regret that NOPI Motorsports, LLC has suspended operations for the summer and fall 2008. This will include NOPI Drag Racing Series, NOPI Drift Series and the NOPI NATIONALS Motorsports Supershow. The company is undergoing an organizational restructuring in light of severe adverse affects of a disappointing spring season. The economy and unfavorable weather resulted in underperformance of all spring events. Michael Meyers, president of NOPI Motorsports, reports that NOPI Motorsports is working with its clients and sponsors to minimize the uncertainty going forward. This is a reflection of the economic times in which we currently live. The countrywide economic and industry downturn has caused a slowdown and tightening of belts. This affects everyone and companies, at all levels, and NOPI Motorsports is no different.

We understand the position this puts everyone in and we hope you can find in your heart to work with us through this terrible time. All of you are our friends and we have felt for many years that we were all a big family.

NOPI Motorsports hates this more than anyone as the many years of hard work, tradition and an industry we helped to shape would come to this.

Please watch nopi.com for future announcements.

later.
    Last edited by TypeG; 07-16-2008, 03:40 PM.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

So, since they didn't do well in the spring, they're just giving up?
    Why wouldn't you push more during the summer?

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
      So, since they didn't do well in the spring, they're just giving up?
      Why wouldn't you push more during the summer?
      Lack of money.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
        Lack of money.
        They'd make it back.
        What is summer without Nopi in Atlanta?!

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
          They'd make it back.
          What is summer without Nopi in Atlanta?!
          They Closed the store in Norcross sometime in the winter, I dont know if that was related tho. the main store is still open in the Jonesboro/forest park area.

Comment

It seems the economy is affecting sponsorship support. As a result NOPI has no choice but to suspend events without financial backing/sponsors. Republicans have really ruined this country in many ways.

The bad economy seems to be affecting everyone and all businesses. Jobs are being lost like crazy around the country due to the poor economy. Change is definitely long over do.
            600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Damn I was looking forward to it again this year too.

Member's Ride Thread

Will work for food, car parts, or three stripe apparel. And not necessarily in that order

Comment

Nopi was getting a little too riced out lately anyway.
                wat?

Comment

Originally posted by kamaccord View Post
                  It seems the economy is affecting sponsorship support. As a result NOPI has no choice but to suspend events without financial backing/sponsors. Republicans have really ruined this country in many ways.

The bad economy seems to be affecting everyone and all businesses. Jobs are being lost like crazy around the country due to the poor economy. Change is definitely long over do.
                  Oh Christ

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by kamaccord View Post
                    Republicans have really ruined this country in many ways.
                    Propaganda works?
                    To-Do List for Today
                    Be Awesome

Comment

This sux. I was gonna make this year my first time going to AMS. Damn!
                      My CB For Sale

Comment

AMS is planning on holding an event in place of the Nopi dates.

Comment

What is summer without Nopi in Atlanta?![/QUOTE]

I agree...man that really sucs
                          H22 Swapped

Comment

Originally posted by MenaceAccord92 View Post
                            AMS is planning on holding an event in place of the Nopi dates.
                            I'm sure they will. They hold drags on Fridays and autox on Saturdays currently.

Comment

Working...
                            X