Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 hr autocross Aug 30-31 Charlotte, NC

Originally posted by autoxxdad

Registration is now open for the Continental CCR 24hr Autocross Points Event #6

REGISTER HERE!

From Dave McKenzie (CCR Solo Chairman)

Registration is on myautoevents for the 24 hr autocross and Steve will have it on the website shortly. We are taking some steps to make it go smoother this year. The course will be more free flowing and will be able to have 3 cars on it at the same time. Grid will be monitored more closely this year and 2 driver car drivers will be phased in so that everybody in line will get the same number of runs. A couple of options were mentioned for the carts and we will decide on that later, but they will not be running as often as last year. There will be 5 official runs during the event. There will be no special time set aside Sunday AM for those that do not have their runs in. It is your responsibility to get your runs in, so do not wait for the last minute. Workers positions will be spaced out so that we can get coverage for the whole 24 hrs. Remember we need workers at night to be able to run at night!! Lets sign up and plan on having fun at the event. Thanks, Dave.

How this event works
    • Sign up for the first 12 hours (noon to midnight), the second 12 hours (midnight to noon), or the entire 24 hours.
    • You must work 2 hours for every 12 hours you sign up for.
    • Cars will be running continuously during the entire event, so you can get back in line anytime you want.
    • At the start line, you can declare a run as "official" or say nothing and it will be a practice run.
    • Every driver gets 5 official runs, do not wait until near the end of the event to get all official runs in!

Registration
    Saturday - Primary Registration from 9:00-11:00am, then open for 1 hour at the following times: 3:00pm, 7:00pm and 11:00pm

Tech
    Saturday - Primary Tech from 9:30-11:30am, then open for 1 hour at the following times 3:30pm, 7:30pm and 11:30pm

Novice Walk - 11:00am (Saturday)

Drivers Meeting - 11:15am (Saturday)

First car off - 12:00pm (Saturday)

Cost
    Non Members: $40 for 12 hours / $50 for 24 hours
    SCCA Members: $30 for 12 hours / $40 for 24 hours
    Membership Cards Required for Discount
    $5.00 additional charge for onsite registration

1800 Continental Blvd
    Charlotte, NC 28274

Directions: Take I-77 to Exit #1 in North Carolina (Westinghouse Blvd) Go west on Westinghouse, Cross railroad tracks, then go right at light onto Granite St, take first road on left (Continental Blvd) Continue on Continental Blvd until you see the paddock area on the right, just before main entrance to the plant.

Sponsored by

Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

I know someone will want to come out to this.

This has to be the perfect event for novices. Since there are no pre-determined run groups. That means you just get in line whenever you feel like it. There will be lots of experienced people to ride with you and help you out. Everyone should be more than willing to allow any riders as well.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

this event is crazy, get as many runs as you, your car, your friends car can take all for the same price. I might try and make it out after work saturday, but cant touch the car before the nasa nationals next month.
      1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
      newer race video,older race videos
      1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
      1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        this event is crazy, get as many runs as you, your car, your friends car can take all for the same price. I might try and make it out after work saturday, but cant touch the car before the nasa nationals next month.
        You have a Honda Challenge car? Is it H4? I would love to see it.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

It was h4 I am working on some changes it may end up in H2 H1 or back in H4. It was out at the 24 two years in a row one in greensboro and one at the knights. Sorry she is resting now and cant make this one but maybee the oct or nov event.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            It was h4 I am working on some changes it may end up in H2 H1 or back in H4. It was out at the 24 two years in a row one in greensboro and one at the knights. Sorry she is resting now and cant make this one but maybee the oct or nov event.

Sweet. I want to make a H challenge car, but I kinda need this car now to drive every day. If I found $5k on the side of the road I could maybe get a H4 car going. I would probably have to get a hookup on roll-cage fabrication from my neighbor down the street.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

This Saturday...
              Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

dude i would love to come sounds like fun but cant going to dc.

The Race Car

Comment

Oh man, I am getting pumped. This is going to be fun.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

damn, wish we had something like this around here. our next event is in a couple weeks and i cant wait for it, but a 24 hour event would be nuts

My Members Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Hell yeah. I am leaving now.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

The aftermath:

Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Good to meet you G, are results up?

Comment

As of this morning, no.

Mine were terrible though. I would make a few great runs, then call for an official one and I would cone or brake too late or something stupid like that.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

damn... you got to much tire roll !! LOL. need to keep the gas more constant and use heel/toe braking !!

but looks like you had fun... and i would have been damn cool to be doing that at night !

Originally posted by Devergote
                              A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X