junkyards in georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

junkyards in georgia

i figure this thread can be just what the title is, junkyards in georgia. which ones to go to, which ones to stay away from. i guess you can only base it on your trip, but that's better than nothing.

please list physical address/location, web address if the place has one, hours open, cost to get in if any, and your experience.

h23accord and i hit up 2 junkyards this past weekend, and i believe both places are owned by the same people/management. in any event:

pull a part
    norcross/buford
    4416 Buford Hwy
    Norcross, GA 30071

www.pullapart.com

open 7 days a week, 8 to 6 pm everyday

costs 1 dollar to get in
    you can bring in your own tools, but not your own jacks. all the cars are jacked up on old rims though. they do provide wheel barrows for carrying parts out. they do supply cherry pickers to lift engines out (i'm not sure if this has a cost, but i would imagine that it is free of charge).

this place wasn't a good stop for cb7s. there were only about 3 or 4 there, and they all seemed to be involved in high impact front end or rear end collisions. none had engines (though they may have been taken out by a customer).

the caveat is that i've heard if you get there when they get their new shipments (saturdays), parts can be all yours (as they've yet to be stripped). i've heard this with all makes and models of cars there.

my overall impression... they didn't have many hondas period. if i wanted to get some parts for an older american car (mid 80s, early 90s), perhaps this would be a good stop. i don't think i'll be back.

r & r used auto parts
    4600 Buford Hwy. NW
    Norcross, GA 30071

www.randreparts.com (site doesn't seem to work to well)

open 6 days a week, 9-5pm monday through friday, 9-3pm on saturday

costs 1 dollar to get in
    you can bring your own tools, but cannot bring any jacks in. the cars are not jacked up, and depending on where it is located, or how it is sitting on the ground, you may or may not be able to get to suspension parts.

before you go in, you can tell the guy what kind of vehicles you're looking for, and what parts you're interested in. they seem to be pretty knowledgeable about what cars/trucks they have, and where in the junkyard they are located.

this was a good stop for cb7s. cars did have front and rear end damage, but not as severe as those at pull a part.
    i was able to find a trunk floorboard, a spare wheel screw (to hold the spare wheel in place), and two oem front shock/spring assembly. the total cost was 20 bucks. considering the oem front shock is about 37 alone, i would say this was quite a good deal.

occassionally they will have modified cars there, as we found a 6th gen accord sedan that had shaved door handles all around, but the goodies were gone (tvs in the headrest, aftermarket speakers in the doors and rear).

they also have a decent selection of older preludes (for that prelude seat swap) and legends. the junkyard seems to be set up so that models under the same maker are in the same area.

my overall impression of r and r... a decent stop for cb7s. a good stop for hondas. the people there are nice, know where things are, and the prices are very good. i believe h23accord and i will be back.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

a complete list of all foreign junkyards in georgia
    later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Good stuff, Pull a part has seem to have gotten better over the last couple of years for CB7's go, But El was right, You have to be there when they drop the cars to get anything good, unless you are extremely lucky...

I had never heard about the other yard on buford highway, may have to stop by that one the next time i am down there, b/c i desperately want those 92-96 lude seats.

Comment

i'll keep an eye out for lude seats in that case. later.

Comment

Thanks man. I dont really care about color, but if you find blue... holy shit, that would be the best thing ever... did they even come with blue interiors?

Comment

not sure if they came with blue int. regardless, i'll look when i go here http://www.acurahondaparts.com/

i think that i'm gonna hit it up on friday.

i might try to hit this place up also http://www.tallantbrosautoparts.com/

it's more closer to north ga. that's where i got my prelude trans. later.
            Last edited by TypeG; 01-22-2008, 09:02 PM.

Comment

cool just let me know.

Comment

i went to tallant bros and they didn't really have much.

i also went to acurahondaparts. that seems to bee a good place to go for stuff. they had a lot of hondas. they also had tons of aftermarket parts laying around. i saw a set of clear taillights as well, but they were for a civic.

the guy there is even going to trade stuff with me, lol. i've never seen a junkyard that will trade before. i have a set of CL headlights that i don't need, but what i do need is a 6th gen headlight, so he told me he'll trade. he kind of comes out smelling like a rose, but i don't care the CL lights were free.

i saw a set of old school rims up there for $200. i thought about buying them for a split second. there were a lot of accords there. i'm going back soon. later.

Comment

Let me know when you go back again and ill try to make it down there, maybe they will have some lude seats or something else that i will need....

I still need a passenger side rear ebrake cable for rear discs. if you can find one before i do lol.

later.

Comment

There's also about 3 on Rossville BLVD.

(It's on the TN/GA line)

Mainly went to find parts with my budd for his CD.

There were a few CB's, but they were pretty torn up. But, I got the drivers side window switches, shift boot, and passenger door handle. Cost $5 for all that.
                    Last edited by JoshM; 01-30-2008, 07:16 PM.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I try to stay away from the yards in chattanooga, if they know it is desireable parts they will charge you out the ass for parts, especially honda shit....

Definately not chattanooga valley auto parts, they have rare shit, and they know it.

Comment

i might go back to the acrua honda place on friday. it just depends on if he has what i want when i call tomorrow. i was talking to a few of my friends about that place and they said it was a rip off, but i didn't think $10 for a clock was bad. later.

Comment

I didnt think $10 for an OEM CB7 flushmount from pullapart was bad either.

Comment

Working...
                          X