My 93 LX needs help near Myrtle Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 93 LX needs help near Myrtle Beach

My sister has my CB7 with her in SC, near Myrtle Beach. It's having the same issue as it was (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=168640) where it won't start.

Before this, my parents had the spark plugs changed and that seemed to help a lot. There's still something going on with it. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the IACV.

Anyway, let me know who's in the area and about how much it'd cost to get resolved. Thanks very much
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Could really use some help. My sister was talking to a garage and they suggested it could be the anti-theft system... lawl. I need someone who knows what they're doing.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

if I was there Id check it. :/

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
        My sister was talking to a garage and they suggested it could be the anti-theft system... lawl.
        that isn't a crazy idea. alarms can cause cars not to start if they malfunction. good luck though. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Has it been sitting awhile?
          Check to make sure you are getting spark.. Pull the wire off the plug and hold it to the valve cover bolt on an angle so that you can see both the end of the wire and the bolt. Have a friend turn the motor over a few times, and you should witness an ark jump from the boot to the bolt. You can repeat this on all 4 wires.
          Check to make sure you are getting fuel.. Pull the fuel line off the fuel rail and hold it in a cup while a friend turns the motor over a few times (they may have to press the gas).
          I would try that first as it gives you somewhere to start looking if you find an issue with either.
          I'm assuming the car was running when you parked it, and that the motor turns over normally when you turn the key?

Comment

Working...
          X