Western NC Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western NC Meet

Dysfunk (Clint) and I (Scott) are gathering interest for a cb7tuner meet in Asheville, NC.

Date: TBD (thinking some Saturday in August or September, maybe earlier?)

Time: mid-day-ish

What I was thinking was meet up at a certain location (TBD), chill with the other members for a couple of hours and then go for a cruise. We could head up the Blue Ridge Parkway, or down 74a to Lake Lure, or Rt 9. from Black Mountain to Bat Cave, or Town Mountain Rd, ETC. There are numerous awesome roads near Asheville we could have some fun on.

Basically this thread is gauging interest.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

How far is that from Knoxville? There's talk over on 6GA about a thing going down in the fall in Knoxville. Just curious if this is the same thing or different. If they just so happen upon the same weekend, Id be down to make an appearance.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

This is it's own meet, not affiliated with any other forum. Clint (Dysfunk) and I have been scheming.

When is the 6GA one?

Knoxville is about 2 hours away.
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Scott.

Let us know if you guys would be interested. We will be contacting local parks for information on securing a spot. Things we have in mind are access points for those of you who are lowered or slammed. Asheville doesn't have speed bumps, we have speed humps. The routes that Scott mentioned should be fresh smooth pavement!

The northern avl parkway has been freshly paved as of this past year. No more rough roads!
        92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
        2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

6GA one is still TBA, so, we'll have to wait and see.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

hah ok.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
              How far is that from Knoxville? There's talk over on 6GA about a thing going down in the fall in Knoxville. Just curious if this is the same thing or different. If they just so happen upon the same weekend, Id be down to make an appearance.
              118 miles to my appartment from city center of knoxville.
              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Well, Scott and i are out scouting for a good meet location. We found a couple possibilities, but nothing too promising yet... Cruise route is figured out though.
                2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Make sure ya'll get permission i'd hate to make the trip just to get ran off.

Can count me in if i have my turd finished by then.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                    Make sure ya'll get permission i'd hate to make the trip just to get ran off.

Can count me in if i have my turd finished by then.
                    We will be calling parks and reserving an area. It'll be legitimate!
                    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                      We will be calling parks and reserving an area. It'll be legitimate!
                      Good deal lets just hope no idiots show up we don't need the attention in the park or lot that's what the cruise is for.

Time to get a little work done on BB this weekend.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

OP here:

How long of a cruise should we do?

We could easily come up with a 75+ mile cruise!

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                          We could easily come up with a 75+ mile cruise!
                          ^

About 3/4 of the routes we took yesterday were nothing but curves and twisties!

Come on guys, if you're interested, speak up, then we can settle on when this will be going down. We're trying to come up with a day when it would best benefit all of us.
                          2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Well, I went and checked out carrier park today.. seems like a good fun location, although it will be packed and parking is fairly limited. There's a race track that used to host late model stocks, pro stocks and mini stocks. Unfortunately they no longer allow cars on the track. There are a few gazebos around that can be rented for a cook out.. there's basketball courts, baseball field, roller hockey rink.. walking trail.. and a neighboring river which is good for fishing. Fish: large mouth bass, brown trout, rainbow trout and a fairly rare fish that kind of looks like a barracuda.... Called a muskellunge.
                            Last edited by dysfunk; 03-17-2012, 11:43 PM.
                            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

September 1 or 2 would be great for me since i'm off work that weekend
                              -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                              -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X