Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord Florida Meet (AFM) 2013

Mark your Calendars

It's that time of the year again, AFM aka the Accord Florida Meet. As most of you know by now Florida has hosted the biggest HONDA Accord meet in the east coast for the past 6 years now and we are at it again for our 7th year. We will have the usual, hot cars, good friends, great food and great South Florida weather. We will also have the crews driving in from all over the country and people flying in from the West Coast and more. It will be a full weekend of events that starts on December 6th-8th(Fri, Sat & Sun). The main meet will be Saturday.
    1st off a few rules.
    - No one cares how loud your exhaust is
    - No cares how loud you sound system is
    - No one wants to worry about getting you out of jail cause you were being stupid
    - If you know you can't handle your alcohol in public places please stay behind, we don't want to be kicked out of places.
    - Drinking is allowed in the park but in cups
    - Safety is always first, so drive carefully and watch after each other
    - Also there will be no BBQing Allowed (thats why we spent money on food for everyone to eat at AFM) any BBQing will be ask to be shut off and put away

Friday - 6pm
    We will be meeting at
    Tower Shops
    1904 S University Dr
    Davie, FL 33324

Saturday AFM day 10am-4pm
    Quiet Waters Park
    401 S Powerline Rd
    Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
    (We will be in the Extra Large Pavillion on the Northwest side of the park.)
    (and there will be enough food for everyone)

Saturday - 7pm
    Dinner Will Be At
    Little Havana Restaurant
    721 South Federal Hwy
    Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
    (954)427-6000
    www.littlehavanarestaurant.com
    (average 15 dollars per person)

Sunday - 12pm
    Will be for our out of state folks going by ear

Hotel Accommodations:
    BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
    1050 E Newport Center Drive
    Deerfield Beach, Florida, 33442-7723, US
    Phone: 954/570-8888
    (I have worked out a deal with this hotel. there will be a total of 40 rooms block off just for us until 11/15 which is 3 weeks from AFM13 weekend)
    Basically you are RSVP under the group name AFM2013 and you can get 2 doubles bed suites or a king bed suite for $72 per night before taxes.. You'll need a credit card to guarantee the reservation. so when you call in to book your room mention AFM2013 GROUP RATE so you get the discount

(if by any chance those 40 room are booked and there's no rooms available there is a comfort suite in the same parking lot)
    any questions please send me a PM or email me at pupildel@gmail.com

This year we will be taking reservations for parking spaces to guarantee those interested in truly showing off their cars will be front and center. Spots will be limited to only 30 spaces, everyone else will have to park in the grass. Reservations will be made via website FIRST COME FIRST SERVE
    http://accordfloridameet.com/

Also No Awards this year. To each his own! Come out and have some fun and meet Accord owners from all corners of the nation.

Also Interested in being a sponsor for a giveaway or want to be on the t-shirt? Please get in contact with us!

here is our event page
    https://www.facebook.com/events/4969...context=create
    Last edited by pupildel; 11-09-2013, 10:27 AM.

-1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

I will be there.
      MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Finally! I took off for this event 8 months ago!!! I had to put this date down and just hoped it was this lol.

I cant wait! I am finally going to an AFM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
          Finally! I took off for this event 8 months ago!!! I had to put this date down and just hoped it was this lol.

I cant wait! I am finally going to an AFM!!!

Comment

I wonder if the financial floor will fall out for me again before this event (I hope I am able to get my swap done and get down there this year but I am not going to hold my breath.)
            1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
            1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
            1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
            1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Jessica ..with all the stuff you talked about with your car...you're going to have a swap done? Boy you must have sold a lot of key chains to do that! I wish you well and hope soon you and your mom get better. ♥

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
              New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
              My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                Jessica ..with all the stuff you talked about with your car...you're going to have a swap done? Boy you must have sold a lot of key chains to do that! I wish you well and hope soon you and your mom get better. ♥
                I am just going to swap in a JY engine because of the way this one has always been. I am not planning any upgrades, just know with the "Blue Devil" in there (and it not holding too well) I just need to replace the engine (despite what you say, I am still gonna find one in the JY)

and no, I have not sold that many key chains but we will have to pay the $200 for the JY engine in order to be able to have her keep working.
                1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

"dispite what I say?" heck...for about a year or more I have done nothing but praise you for all you try to do. I hope everyone here from Florida knows you are a really nice person and makes a ride out to you and gets that engine you need so badly and everything thing else done for you. You deserve it! With all the things you and your mom have been through....you always have the urge to keep going....always see the light (and sometimes the only person on my site that posts!). Most would have given that car a big kick to the JY except you. You are the ONLY one who can be called Honda_Lady, Bravo!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

is CAM the same thing as this? i want to go to a big ass event like this but i live on the west coast
                    visit vgruk

Comment

Bet!
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                        is CAM the same thing as this? i want to go to a big ass event like this but i live on the west coast
                        to answer your question CAM started because of AFM so yea you can say is the same thing...and dont matter where your from we have people that fly in from canada cali and other place other drive to florida for this event

Comment

I went to Cam and have seen video and pictures of AFM and I think the one in Florida is way bigger. Cam was just a bunch of cars in no order of year or anything just in a parking lot. No music, no BBQ by the organizers or anything "group" geared. All the owners stayed with their clicks and since most were of same ethnic group here in LA...I felt sorta left on the side. They were reluctant to share a beer! If I brought some I would have given them two!
                          Florida one seems more Honda then the one here. I should save up to dive 3000 miles there and another back! My car already has 260 on it!
                          Last edited by SilverShadow; 09-03-2013, 02:14 PM.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

thanks a ton. i guess im gonna start saving to go to AFM some day

this happens every year right? i want to plan but it will be a couple years.
                            visit vgruk

Comment

I have never been to one but like I said..I have seen the after photos and it looked huge. But the best I got from it was the feeling of Honda representation and none of the "I ride with my crew" crap. I never ever want our cars to be the choice of car crew like gangs. The 60's Impala's got that.
                              Maybe next year Cam will be a different feel; less "my crew" and more "my Honda"

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Working...
                              X