No announcement yet.

Alabama Meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand where your parents are coming from. Something could happen during the trip. You don't live that far from me, so we could ride up there in a two-man crew. The weather is hella warm for this time of year so I don't think next month will be all that cold. So, are we gonna make this a spring meet or a meet for next month? If it's for next month, MLK day is our best bet since it's a three day weekend and I think everyone gets the day off.
    [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by AG17CB7
      I understand where your parents are coming from. Something could happen during the trip. You don't live that far from me, so we could ride up there in a two-man crew. The weather is hella warm for this time of year so I don't think next month will be all that cold. So, are we gonna make this a spring meet or a meet for next month? If it's for next month, MLK day is our best bet since it's a three day weekend and I think everyone gets the day off.
      Yea, the weather is pretty nice so far, but idk, huntsville is farther north so it may be different. Haha, yea, we could ride in a two man crew!. Its crazy though, cause when I first asked my parents if I could drive to Huntsville myself, they blew off, but before I had driven to Montgomery by myself.. . I might bring a friend along too, if hes willing to go. But yea, next month could be good, but idk, im sure there are plenty of things both of us(im guessing) need to do to our cb's. We'll see though, we just need more input from the rest of the people going
      My Black "H"
      AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

im down fellas make ah date?
        Goo$e Creek stand up!

"SO IM AT IT AGAIN"

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90
          Yea, the weather is pretty nice so far, but idk, huntsville is farther north so it may be different. Haha, yea, we could ride in a two man crew!. Its crazy though, cause when I first asked my parents if I could drive to Huntsville myself, they blew off, but before I had driven to Montgomery by myself.. . I might bring a friend along too, if hes willing to go. But yea, next month could be good, but idk, im sure there are plenty of things both of us(im guessing) need to do to our cb's. We'll see though, we just need more input from the rest of the people going
          I'm down for next month. I mostly want to see what other people feel about it. The only thing I have to do with my car right now is put the hubcap back on the wheel I had to take off cause I got a flat(riding on 3 hubcaps and a steelie!!) and on the 14th or so, I'm gonna finally tint the cb at Phil's on bessemer super highway for $145-$155 with a 3 year warranty Hopefully, nothing major happens to me or the car before the meet. It'll be cool if you bought someone. The more the better.

Not quite sure if anyone wants to make it where we could go out and eat lunch or whatever or bring our own. Mostly saying this for the out-of-state folks since gas prices are already in our pockets.

Originally posted by Robert Pinckney
          im down fellas make ah date?
          probably shooting for MLK weekend. not sure...

Comment

I'm with Pink on this one.. lemme know a date and I'll let you know

Originally posted by Juice21
            thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
            Originally posted by GameChewer
            Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

hurry up and make the date... got quite a few meets to go to now.... since east tn is planning one too !!

Originally posted by Devergote
              A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords
                hurry up and make the date... got quite a few meets to go to now.... since east tn is planning one too !!
                Jeez man, no one wants to help the 16 yr. old kid plan a meet.lol Well, here are the dates I have in mine..
                Jan. 13 (suggestion of AG1)
                Febuary 17
                and March 3..
                IMO, I perfer Feb. 17.. but hey...

Oh and along with that. Anyone in the Huntsville area, know any good spots, lots, parks? etc...
                Last edited by ex_style90; 12-09-2007, 11:25 PM.
                My Black "H"
                AL Meet!?

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90
                  Jeez man, no one wants to help the 16 yr. old kid plan a meet.lol Well, here are the dates I have in mine..
                  Jan. 13 (suggestion of AG1)
                  Febuary 17
                  and March 3..
                  IMO, I perfer Feb. 17.. but hey...

Oh and along with that. Anyone in the Huntsville area, know any good spots, lots, parks? etc...
                  Sorry man. I been busy with tests and finals. Tomorrow is the last day of school for the rest of the year!! I think I can focus more on planning this since I got nothing else in the way until January. I am heading up to huntsville later on this month to help my cousin move some stuff down from her dorm so I will ask her where some good spots are at or just drive around and see what fits best. The 13th is just a regular weekend so we could shoot for the 19th-21st weekend. The 16th-18th weekend works too. March 3rd is a monday Maybe you know something I don't but yeah, if you wanna shoot for the Feb. 16th-18th weekend, I'm down. That's more time we have to do what we all got to do.

Let's shoot for noon/1pm or 2pm. That'll give us time to wake up at a reasonable time and not stress about waking up early after a saturday night. since it's starting to look like it'll probably be on a sunday.

Anyway..
                  So here's what it looks like..

Date: January 20th or Feb. 17th(Not sure. Either one is fine with me but I rather have ex-stylez finalize the day since he thought about it.)
                  Time: Noon-ish
                  Place: Big Spring Park / Brahan Spring Park / Butler Park (These are decent size places that are downtown and are right off the Huntsville-Decatur Hwy. Again, either one is fine. ex-stylez can have the glory of picking.)

I'll probably go up there this weekend to check out how those places look, where we could possibly park and local spots to eat. That's pretty much all I can think of as of right now. Let me know what you think.

Comment

Cool AG thanks ...Ok maybe this...

Date: Febuary 17 2008
                    Time: 1:00 pm
                    Place: Undecided..(Open to any ideas)

Im not too familiar at all with the huntsville area. Thats, why I say its open..Haha, yea AG. I get out for break on the 20th this month. I just hope a decent number of people come though.
                    My Black "H"
                    AL Meet!?

Comment

Sounds like we're in business now. Like I said before, I'll go to those three places and scope it out. I'll try and take pics and post them up. I'll also try and drive around and see if there's any hidden gems up north. Just to give us all something to work with. I'll try to get a couple of my friends to go. They don't have hondas but maybe we can convert them over to the dark side.

Comment

Originally posted by AG17CB7
                        Sounds like we're in business now. Like I said before, I'll go to those three places and scope it out. I'll try and take pics and post them up. I'll also try and drive around and see if there's any hidden gems up north. Just to give us all something to work with. I'll try to get a couple of my friends to go. They don't have hondas but maybe we can convert them over to the dark side.
                        Haha cool man!.
                        My Black "H"
                        AL Meet!?

Comment

Update!!!!!!!

*Update*

Before I came to this site, I was on another forum. I go there now to watch vids of civics and such and noticed that they're having a hard time getting a meet together. I told them about this meet and of course, seeing what time it is, I haven't quite gotten a response yet I figured since they're hondas and all, it shouldn't be a problem of combining accords and civics It'll be a bigger turn-out and maybe we can learn from each other if any decide on the idea. I will be going up to huntsville THIS weekend since I been booked with unexpected events for the past couple of weeks and see what's up in the north(plus I need a trip seeing how I have to work christmas day )

I know it's a long ways away from now before the meet but any idea if some TN people coming or not since we have a pretty good idea on when and where we're having this thing?

Comment

Im down for a good size meet whether they are hondas or not ... I have a passion for most cars ... the only thing i dont want is a bunch of pig headed drama about my car will smoke your car BS. Im down to run too as long as it is not through traffic ... i think there is a 1/8 mile strip in huntsville we might be able to get a meet together there

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92
                              Im down for a good size meet whether they are hondas or not ... I have a passion for most cars ... the only thing i dont want is a bunch of pig headed drama about my car will smoke your car BS. Im down to run too as long as it is not through traffic ... i think there is a 1/8 mile strip in huntsville we might be able to get a meet together there
                              Alright, that's cool. I'll put down to check out the track in huntsville when I go up there.

Well, I checked back to the other site to see their thoughts and so far, three said they were down for it. One mentioned a track meet-up in Steele which is alittle closer to where I live and will make it hard for the TN folks coming down cause it'll make it a longer trip. I'm not sure what you guys/girls think about that but I'm looking out for you so I will wait to see what you think about it before making a response. Anymore suggestions as to what they want to do down in Huntsville so I can check it out later?

Comment

if there is a 1/4 mile track i might drive a few hours for it

Comment

Working...
                                X