Waterpump install H22, NEED HELP!!!! GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterpump install H22, NEED HELP!!!! GA

I may be needing a waterpump installed and want to know who could do it and how much. Or if someone would not mind working with me to change out the waterpump. I just finished my H22 swap and dumb, dumb, dumb me did not change the waterpump and timing belt and right now the car is overheating driving or not, in around 5 minutes. In Covington.

Originally posted by blue93cb
    I may be needing a waterpump installed and want to know who could do it and how much. Or if someone would not mind working with me to change out the waterpump. I just finished my H22 swap and dumb, dumb, dumb me did not change the waterpump and timing belt and right now the car is overheating driving or not, in around 5 minutes. In Covington.
    When swapping over a used motor:

Rule 1: New Gaskets
    Rule 2: New Timing belt
    Rule 3: New Waterpump
    Rule 4: New Clutch

I learned the hard way too.

Have fun

This is what my old waterpump looked like after a year:
    DEVOTE

Comment

what were your symptons because I have changed out or checked just about everything and even with both fans on and the car idling, the engine overheats in about 5 minutes from cold.

Comment

damn man.. that is a little far for me to go to help you out to change it.. wish you could drive it to me and then i would just fix it for ya !! not hard to do... well at least for me. LOL.

just a quick question is there any weird noises coming from the water pump area ?? have you checked to see if the thermostat is good ?? if the thermostat is not working it will overheat too. well good luck.

Originally posted by Devergote
        A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

thanks for responding. Hmmmmm. There are no weird noises that I can hear and no leakage either coming from the timing side. The car has been on jackstands the entire swap so I could see the timing area clear and no leakage. How I arrived at the water pump is this: I changed the radiator cap, thermostat, checked the fan realy, fuse. I checked the oil to see if it was mixed with coolant but it is good. The car, from a cold start, will run hot in about 5 minutes. Something strange that I did see is my top coolant hose is kinda of a s shape and part of the curve in the hose is caved in a bit, it is not a complete round shape in the bend. I am so frustrated with this swap so far. Orginally the fans did not come on so I wired the fans to the switch and now even with both fans on the car still overheats.

Comment

I never changed this thing and it has been nearly a year and I still have not driven my car but one time. Hellllllllp. OK I will up the ante. How about I do the work and someone that has done a H22 waterpump guide me. $50 plus gas.

Comment

Damn I wouldn't mind helping out, but I'm about 700 give or take miles away. Hope eveything works out.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

thanks for the encouragement. I am almost losing interest in the car. Took the MSF course this week and passed the course. Ready for a bike actually, but I need a car for the family so I shall finish the CB.
                Last edited by blue93cb; 03-02-2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

as i said.. a little to far for me.. how about this..get the car to the GA meet and i will replace it !! i got all the tools and stuff to do it in the car !! just an offer man !!

A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Tn Accords that is one good offer. So you would actually change the waterpump there? Man I really appreciate that. I am going to try to work on the car this week and see if I can change the pump myself and I will let you know on Friday if I will take you up on the offer. I really would like to drive the car to the meet and see some fellow CB owners.

Comment

its very possible to do there at the meet or somewhere like that.. all depends on how the meet goes because i still have to drive home and that is like 3 hrs..

well if you get it there i will look at it... and maybe give a couple of hints on what to do.. its not that hard at all.. just a lot of shit to take off just to get to the water pump. the longest thing and hardest ..at least for me... is to put the damn timing belt back on...

Comment

Working...
                      X