Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help!!! Broke my timing belt doing 70 and PRETTY DAMN SURE the engine is not worth repairing....SOOOO time for an H swap. I really wanna do a auto to 5 speed swap. Not able to do this till Tax return...so late Jan I will be ordering everything....the help I need is actually doing the swap...so Any takers? I know I can count on Christian....hoping Jaccob ( hint hint) lol.. I will pay you guys as much as I can. And I will hop in and get my hands dirty too. Just don't know anyhting about doing this and would really like someone to help me learn. Let me know guys
    91 LX Under Construction. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post2017900

Comment

would be glad to do this !!! need to get all your ducks in a row first !! all I can say is plan on spending around 2000 for the whole thing. That includes motor with tranny and all the rest of the things needed to get it done RIGHT. so just be prepared to come up with AT LEAST that amount !!

Originally posted by Devergote
      A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

That including the 5 speed swap?

Comment

it should... because all we need to do is order the motor with tranny... that will save a lot of money.. and we mostly just need the conversion mount kit which is 100 bux and then all the little shit to go with it... like fluids, timing belt, water pump, and a couple things for the manual tensioner swap (which is what we ARE GOING TO DO), maybe a intermediate shaft plus axle, also the cost of chipping an ecu and all that crap. When this gets ready to happen then thats when we need to get a more exact price on things... but if you want to save some money just get those little things now and not when the motor is ordered. Once the motor has arrived it should just take one weekend to do the swap. Just make sure you get that MOUNT KIT from ESP.

Originally posted by Devergote
          A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords View Post
            it should... because all we need to do is order the motor with tranny... that will save a lot of money.. and we mostly just need the conversion mount kit which is 100 bux and then all the little shit to go with it... like fluids, timing belt, water pump, and a couple things for the manual tensioner swap (which is what we ARE GOING TO DO), maybe a intermediate shaft plus axle, also the cost of chipping an ecu and all that crap. When this gets ready to happen then thats when we need to get a more exact price on things... but if you want to save some money just get those little things now and not when the motor is ordered. Once the motor has arrived it should just take one weekend to do the swap. Just make sure you get that MOUNT KIT from ESP.
            K. OBD1 on the H right? Just PM me the list of everything we are going to need for the swap and I will get to buying once I get my w2. My company posts online os I get it right near the begining of Jan. So SOON!!! lol.

Comment

so how many people from FL are going to ATL?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

hey guys .. starting in a couple of weeks hopefully i get me a new job so i will be saving for an h23 swap . i think i would end up spending less in the long run instead of getting a full tune up on my f22b1.

if i do, can ne1 help a hand in swapping it in? im a complete noob at these things

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

lol you too huh. Ill help ya. but you have to 1st change the seals & timing belt. not doing that after the swap

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

yea i was planning on getting the engine and give it a full tune up before i swap it in , itll save me the hassle later.

i just realized that the deadline i set for my wagon was december of 2010 so i gotta get started saving asap!

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

alignment
                      4 new tires
                      tierods

^^^ things I need to do before the next road trip

Comment

I just got a great idea after tonight's Christmas parade. We should send out invites when local parades happen and sign up at least four of us to represent CB7 tuner. In New Port Richey you can sign up for a parade spot with a quick sign up form. I don't believe there are any charges so it'd be a fun event to participate in. The next local major parade is in March so I wanted to test the waters and see how well this would be received.

Comment

lol I wanna see how that turns out. whos gunna be the one waving at the public?

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                            lol I wanna see how that turns out. whos gunna be the one waving at the public?
                            All of the drivers and passengers I suppose, unless you want people sitting on your trunk throwing beads.

Comment

thats not a bad idea, but im not sure how many people are going to have an clue what were are representing. especially considering it will be around 2 - 4 cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                                thats not a bad idea, but im not sure how many people are going to have an clue what were are representing. especially considering it will be around 2 - 4 cars.
                                Well the corvette clubs are obviously representing Chevrolet and I never see signs on them. I mean the fire trucks and motorcycle clubs don't have signs showing what they represent either so we'd just be another section in the parade and as long as we throw beads I don't think anyone will care. I could get a line on cheap CB7Tuner.com signs or something like that if it's essential. Either way, if we get at least 4 cars in the parade it'd be a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X