a favor needed from the o-town crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a favor needed from the o-town crew

hey guys... i am really looking into going to UTI down there.. just need to know if you guys can find out a couple of things for me.

1. HOW MUCH is the tuition ??

2. Do they have the Super Street tuner performance class ??

3. How expensive is it down there.. i mean i will be bringing the family and all and how hard will it be to survive with me going to school full time and having a part-time job ??

I have been in contact with them but they really don't answer none of them questions for me directly. I am hoping to do this very soon if they offer the class to do with import tuning. if they don't offer that then i still might do that since i still want to attend and maybe move on to better things with a diploma from them. Who knows.. all I know is that I have to get a better education or my Dad will raise all fucking hell.. this is perfect timing because I am jobless and about to be homeless (long story). All I know is the family is ready to go .. LOL.

Thanks alot for all that will help. BTW.. I HATE THE COLD !!

Originally posted by Devergote
    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Also... if things to work out.. what is the rent look like for a house with a garage.. LOL.. i don't care if its 45 min from school.. i am willing to drive .. just I WON'T do appartments.

A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

If you move who will go to the JY with me?

Comment

Originally posted by hibbs11
        If you move who will go to the JY with me?
        LOL... i will have to introduce you to some of the other ppl from around here.. hehehe.. this probably won't happen for another couple of months. but its kinda set in our minds right now.

Comment

did you look into wyotech in daytona, i would like to go there but i first want to finish up my bacholers degree. But they specialize in fabricating, molding, welding, building motors. Parents told me about it. Saw the campus looks clean. Still being built. But looks like a cool place. here is their website not much there but you can request info. http://wyotech.edu-program.info/?gcl...FReQGgodZVagCA
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

i have looked into them... but they don't offer a specific program for tuners. They are more into hot rods and teaching all around knowledge. UTI does the same and then gives the choice if you want to go into the Super Street performance tuning class which is sponsored by Super Street Magazine.

Comment

UTI tution is $20k a year for the program you want bro. my boy V is in it down there. You coud live in a low budget apartment if you can find one but its gonna be hard to get a place without some money in hand and a job under ther belt. if your dad is gonna fund it i would say go for it. if your gonna try to do it yourself your screwed. the state wont offer any financial aid for anyone who has not lived in the state for more than 2 years. as for working p/t, going to school, and trying to have a life ... not to mention see your family - your going to have to prioritise things. well good luck on it. holler at me tomorrow im prolly gonna try to get the old motor out even though its going to be in the 30s for most of the day.

Comment

Its not that much expensive buddy but i can get some figure for ya..
                accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                ....................My New Baby
                SOLD TO
                ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

wait if you move who will help me with my swap
                  Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                  Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                  JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

well the school is around $20+k...they do have super street, which is not that great after taking Hot Rod...just for the simple reason that u blue print a 350 small block, build it from scratch, stock dyno runs around 200whp and seeing the hp increase or decrease by adding bolt-ons...jobs are allright down here and yea its possible to go to school full time work full time and get good grades...i finished UTI 3 months ago and started NATT (Nissan Advanced Technician Training)...which im graduating this friday...and i finished with couple of awards such as S.O.C (student of the course fro 5 different courses)...perfect attendanceand some other stuff...so yea its possible to do good if you love what ur doing.. if u have any more questions let me knoe...

well heres my last dyno sheet from Hot Rod...
                    stock bottom end...bolt-ons 250 direct port and good tuning

Comment

ok.. thanx alot guys.. ^^^ i was thinking of doing the same thing with the NATT because we have a big Nissan plant here and it would be good. i called them today and they said tuition is 24,800 but its going up next month. i hope to go. I love working on cars and learning. I hope to do as good as you abdielitopr. We will see what happens in the next month or so !! who knows.

wait if you move who will help me with my swap
                      dont worry bro.. i won't be leaving right away.. i think it might take a couple of months to get things going and stuff.. so you got till May.. LOL.

Comment

dats cool man...natt its crazy man ull learn a lot...u always have the opportunity for "msat" manufactor specialized advanced training..if you get good grades and attendance...(it includes volvo, vx, audi, mercedes, bmw, international, porsche)...i qualified for 4 af them and interviewed twice but didnt accept the offers, because of relocation.. ...if u accept the offer you need to work wherever they send u for at least 3 years..i didnt like it so yea i chose natt cuz i could work where i want

Comment

Originally posted by abdielitopr
                          dats cool man...natt its crazy man ull learn a lot...u always have the opportunity for "msat" manufactor specialized advanced training..if you get good grades and attendance...(it includes volvo, vx, audi, mercedes, bmw, international, porsche)...i qualified for 4 af them and interviewed twice but didnt accept the offers, because of relocation.. ...if u accept the offer you need to work wherever they send u for at least 3 years..i didnt like it so yea i chose natt cuz i could work where i want
                          hell yeah.. one thing that i might consider is relocation.. it will just depend on where though.. hehehe. as i said earlier.. I HATE THE COLD.

Comment

the only part time job i suggest u get when u come here is ur security class d license and then take your gun license its a 5 day class for d license costing 120dollars then ur g license (gun) 3 day class costing u 130 and u will be making an easy 18 bucs an hour and the classes are easy perfect job to have while in school cause security is hiring all over and they adapt to your schedule

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                            disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Originally posted by Juice21
                              the only part time job i suggest u get when u come here is ur security class d license and then take your gun license its a 5 day class for d license costing 120dollars then ur g license (gun) 3 day class costing u 130 and u will be making an easy 18 bucs an hour and the classes are easy perfect job to have while in school cause security is hiring all over and they adapt to your schedule

hmm.. might consider that.. i am just starting to get things rolling.. i just did the interview over the phone and did the application or enrollment application online and sent them the money for it. the guy that interviewed me gave me good hopes... so hopefully things go good for me as in the financial aid and grant money. that will the only thing to hold me back.

I am set to start classes on August 4 as my start date !! so i got a few months to get things going !!

Comment

Working...
                              X