Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering my 91 sedan..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.tein.com
    http://www.tein.com/price/honda.html

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I was thinking about shopping through jdm_in_stock via ebay.. they're authorized for Skunk2, and they claim to be authorized through Tein.. of course, I'd ask Tein if they were authorized before buying.

Are Skunk2 springs of good quality? I've heard of Skunk2, but haven't used them on anything.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
      Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
      Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
      [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Originally posted by mak

Are Skunk2 springs of good quality? I've heard of Skunk2, but haven't used them on anything.

-mak

yes they are....you can see that they cost more than tein..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

haven't heard any complaints about them. friend of mine has 2" drop skunk 2 springs with stock struts. rides really smooth....

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD
            yes they are....you can see that they cost more than tein..
            I hadn't checked MSRP or local prices, but the guy on ebay has them for $159 or so, where he sells the Tein S.Techs for $165.

The Skunk2's are 1.8R 2.0F, so I'm going to measure my current ride height and see if the smaller drop would be better, or not enough.

Originally posted by DAMIEN
            haven't heard any complaints about them. friend of mine has 2" drop skunk 2 springs with stock struts. rides really smooth....

Good to know, thanks

-mak

Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
            [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

MINE HAS 1.9 INCH DROP ON STOCK SIZE TIRES SOMETIMES WHEN I TURN HARD IT RUBS A LITTLE. MY SPRINGS ARE JUST SOME CHEAP S-TECH KNOCKOFFS THAT I PAID LIKE $90 FOR ON EBAY I DIDNT HAVE THE DOUGH FOR ANYTHING BETTER AND MY SHOCKS ARE KYB THAT LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN RECENTLY REPLACED. those rims you got would look nice on my 240.

Comment

I'm starting to worry that if I lower my cb7, I'll have exhaust-scrape issues..

I'm assuming the ride you have lowered 1.9" is the one in your sig? That looks lower than 1.9"

Your offset is probably correct for your car, too.. mine sit out just a bit, but probably not enough to become an issue.. at worst, I could probably sell these rims and buy new ones to fit the rubber I already have, so they'd sit further in.. but it'd be nice to keep them as-is for now.

I think I'm going to go with the Skunk2 springs now, they're slightly cheaper and I keep reading good things about them.

-mak

[ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Originally posted by mak
                  I hadn't checked MSRP or local prices, but the guy on ebay has them for $159 or so, where he sells the Tein S.Techs for $165.

-mak

yup...the choice is your...

Comment

Originally posted by mak
                    I'm starting to worry that if I lower my cb7, I'll have exhaust-scrape issues..

I'm assuming the ride you have lowered 1.9" is the one in your sig? That looks lower than 1.9"

Your offset is probably correct for your car, too.. mine sit out just a bit, but probably not enough to become an issue.. at worst, I could probably sell these rims and buy new ones to fit the rubber I already have, so they'd sit further in.. but it'd be nice to keep them as-is for now.

I think I'm going to go with the Skunk2 springs now, they're slightly cheaper and I keep reading good things about them.

-mak
                    MY EXHAUST SCRAPES ON STEEP ANGLES LIKE DRIVE WAYS AND I DIDN'T MEASURE THE DROP BUT THE LISTING SAID THEY WERE A 1.9 INCH DROP. IF ITS MORE THATS OK WITH ME I LOVE THE WAY IT SITS.

Comment

Originally posted by bigredtopsr
                      MY EXHAUST SCRAPES ON STEEP ANGLES LIKE DRIVE WAYS AND I DIDN'T MEASURE THE DROP BUT THE LISTING SAID THEY WERE A 1.9 INCH DROP. IF ITS MORE THATS OK WITH ME I LOVE THE WAY IT SITS.
                      My exhaust scrapes on steep inclines, but only really steep inclines.. I can't imagine after the car gets dropped.

I'll probably swap out the resonator (muffler) for a barrel that sites behind the bumper and has a flared tip, or chop and glass a larger hole on the bumper so I can raise it up a bit for the soon-to-be drop

-mak

[ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

got a 3.5" drop on mine. the mid section of the exhaust is what mostly scrapes on. ( that and the flex pipe) just have to angle everything and go slow on bad roads. either than that don't really have any complaints.
                        i am planning on raising it up around half inch just so the upper a arms stop hitting the inside of my fenders....

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD
                          it should be fine......
                          I had coilover before for a year..and its fine..

i had coilover for two year before i sold my cb
                          member ride thread

MN ACCORD MEET MAY 29th 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DAMIEN
                            got a 3.5" drop on mine. the mid section of the exhaust is what mostly scrapes on. ( that and the flex pipe) just have to angle everything and go slow on bad roads. either than that don't really have any complaints.
                            i am planning on raising it up around half inch just so the upper a arms stop hitting the inside of my fenders....
                            3.5 inches? sweet, i wanna see a picture. what size rims/tires?

Comment

mak, how do you drive when you go on inclines? hopefully not dead on and at an angle. if you dont, start as soon as your car gets dropped. you will be fine with a 2" drop on your stock struts as far as them going out. the car stills kind of high from the factory in my opinion but then again check out my sig.
                              how far out do your wheels stick out past the fender looking from a top view? i ask that because your wheels will naturally camber in slightly the lower it goes
                              90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

RacingEmotions- can you post a bigger pic of your sig. It looks great like that!!!!
                                Honda-mans best friend!
                                who said it was a dog?
                                PINOY PRIDE
                                OHIO CB7's

Comment

Working...
                                X