Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering my 91 sedan..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering my 91 sedan..

Hey guys, new to the site. I was a member of hondaaccordforum, but nobody really replies there so I came looking for a more active site

I've been thinking about dropping my '91 ex sedan for about a year now but only recently really got into the idea. I have 16x8 Borbet TypeB wheels with 205-55-16 Pirelli P6 tires and they sit out a bit on the car (see the image in my sig).

I keep seeing other people with similar setups (different wheels that stick out as much or more) on here and their rides are lowered, which leads me to believe it won't be an issue lowering the car, but I still need to ask.

If I pick up a set of Tein S 1.7R 2.1F springs and some new struts (not sure what make/model yet) can I lower my car without running the risk of my tires grabbing my wheel wells?

Please keep in mind that I'm 6ft tall and about 310 lbs, and I almost always have 1-2 other people in my car.

TIA,

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
    Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
    Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
    [ Completed | Pending ]

Originally posted by mak
    Hey guys, new to the site. I was a member of hondaaccordforum, but nobody really replies there so I came looking for a more active site

I've been thinking about dropping my '91 ex sedan for about a year now but only recently really got into the idea. I have 16x8 Borbet TypeB wheels with 205-55-16 Pirelli P6 tires and they sit out a bit on the car (see the image in my sig).

I keep seeing other people with similar setups (different wheels that stick out as much or more) on here and their rides are lowered, which leads me to believe it won't be an issue lowering the car, but I still need to ask.

If I pick up a set of Tein S 1.7R 2.1F springs and some new struts (not sure what make/model yet) can I lower my car without running the risk of my tires grabbing my wheel wells?

Please keep in mind that I'm 6ft tall and about 310 lbs, and I almost always have 1-2 other people in my car.

TIA,

-mak
    Welcome to cb7tuner.com. You will find lots of great info flowing through here.

You should be safe with the S techs for your drop and usual load.

BTW, I have a 91 5sp ex in Hampshire Green as well Yours look good so hurry up and post more pics!
    --bigjoe
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

Comment

Thanks

I'm only worried because the wheels have the appropriate offset for an rx7, not sure if the offset is correct for my accord, my buddy sold them to me and he had them on his rex.. so they stick out a bit.

You don't think there'll be any rubbing issues?

-mak

Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
      [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Not 100% since they have rwd offset so hopefully we'll get someone with more knowledge to chime in here real soon.
        "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
        "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
        ><((((º>

Comment

If it helps, the wheels I currently have installed are in the picture, in my sig.

-mak

[ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

judging by the pics, you shouldn't have any problem lowering your car with those rims... what year rx are they off of????

and welcome...

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

hello new comer...from MN?
              welcome...

I have the same set up...but tokico shocks/struts are on the way..
              I have 15" rims and its great..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DAMIEN
                judging by the pics, you shouldn't have any problem lowering your car with those rims... what year rx are they off of????

and welcome...
                I'm not sure what year, I'd say 1st gen (mid->late 80s).

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD
                hello new comer...from MN?
                welcome...

I have the same set up...but tokico shocks/struts are on the way..
                I have 15" rims and its great..
                I see there are a few of us from MN around here

Did you install the springs on stock struts for the time being? I believe I saw images of your car, but assumed you had already installed the struts, since it looked lowered.

I'm wondering how long I could expect stock struts to last with daily driving using those Tein S. lowering springs.. I don't have the money for everything at once, and probably never will have it all at once, but the springs now (about $180 shipped) and struts later (within 2-3 months) I could do.

Thoughts?

-mak

[ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Originally posted by mak
                  I see there are a few of us from MN around here

Did you install the springs on stock struts for the time being? I believe I saw images of your car, but assumed you had already installed the struts, since it looked lowered.

I'm wondering how long I could expect stock struts to last with daily driving using those Tein S. lowering springs.. I don't have the money for everything at once, and probably never will have it all at once, but the springs now (about $180 shipped) and struts later (within 2-3 months) I could do.

Thoughts?

-mak
                  yup...just a few..

Yes I did..now on stock struts only..And ride great..

Should last long..As long as you're not putting so much over weight..
                  Like my other cb..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD
                    yup...just a few..

Yes I did..now on stock struts only..And ride great..

Should last long..As long as you're not putting so much over weight..
                    Like my other cb..
                    At most, it'd be myself, my wife and my son in the car.. I suppose the sub box in the trunk adds more weight, no more than say 40lbs.

You think I'd be ok with just the Tein S. lowering springs on the stock struts for a few months then?

-mak
                    Last edited by mak; 04-24-2008, 07:33 PM.

[ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Originally posted by mak
                      At most, it'd be myself, my wife and my son in the car.. about 430lbs. I suppose the sub box in the trunk adds another 40lbs or so.

You think I'd be ok with just the Tein S. lowering springs on the stock struts for a few months then?

-mak

it should be fine......
                      I had coilover before for a year..and its fine..

Comment

Originally posted by mak
                        At most, it'd be myself, my wife and my son in the car.. I suppose the sub box in the trunk adds more weight, no more than say 40lbs.

-mak

i'm almost 300 and my cb sitting on 2" all around

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                        too bad seattle silver's are the best.
                        ACCORD MEET MAY 29th 2010

Comment

Originally posted by nhia-cb7
                          i'm almost 300 and my cb sitting on 2" all around
                          Is that on stock struts?

I'm about 310 and my wife is about 105.. my 1.5 year old son and my sub box (in the trunk) are both under 70lbs together..

I just want to make sure I'm not making a huge mistake by dropping it on stock struts .. I will swap the struts out later, but can't afford to do both at once, and I'd like to drop it a.s.a.p.

-mak
                          Last edited by mak; 04-24-2008, 07:57 PM.

[ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Originally posted by mak
                            Is that on stock struts?

I'm about 310 and my wife is about 105.. my 1.5 year old son and my sub box (in the trunk) are both under 60lbs together..

I just want to make sure I'm not making a huge mistake by dropping it on stock struts .. I will swap the struts out later, but can't afford to do both at once, and I'd like to drop it a.s.a.p.

-mak

yes it is
                            plus every sunday i deliver sunday paper which is heavy if you see one of those..put 250 of those in my trunk

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                            too bad seattle silver's are the best.
                            ACCORD MEET MAY 29th 2010

Comment

Originally posted by nhia-cb7
                              yes it is
                              plus every sunday i deliver sunday paper which is heavy if you see one of those..put 250 of those in my trunk
                              Ah I remember those times.. I used to deliver the paper mon-fri, back then I drove an Olds. Achieva. Needless to say, driving around hundreds of papers 5 days a week eventually brought the transmission's life to an end. Those weren't reliable cars to begin with, though.. they're not built like a Honda!

Anyways, where is everyone getting their Tein S. springs? I see them on ebay from a seller that Tein claims is 'authorized' to sell them.. is $165 a good price for a set of 4?

-mak

[ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Working...
                              X