Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

spring loaded clock cover and 1990 gas cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spring loaded clock cover and 1990 gas cover

I know they are common to integras and other hondas also. How do I reinstall the clock cover, I have the spring, the cover, do I need a rod or something?

also does my gas cover need a spring, I know my 93 uses a clip for release.
    RoaR MRT

I'm not sure about the clock...my girlfriends CB7 uses the same spring type cover. But as for the gas door, it's just a latch. Pull the gas door release and it pops open...there's no spring.
    VIP Status.

Comment

About the gas door, my 1993 uses a clip, my 1990 uses something else which I believe is missing, maybe I should just glue a spring onto the door??
      RoaR MRT

Comment

The CB7 we have "clips" in, it is a 92. The 90 and 91 body styles are a little different, so I'm not 100% sure on what would be used. It could be a cable. I don't really see how it would be spring loaded....
        VIP Status.

Comment

haha i spent hours trying to figure out why my fuel door woulndt open (90 EXR). Then i noticed that my buddies fifth gen had a little metal clip/spring thing mounted on the inside of the fuel door. I could see the little spot for it on mine. EUREKA lol... found one in a junkyard. good as new.

I had already replaced the little spring loaded cable release end bit thinger, because someone had broken it off trying to pry the fuel door open before i owned it, and subsequient owners probably used the same tool every fillup. (screw driver scratches all over.... shudder)
          RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

yes there is a stiff metal tab that pops the gas door out like you found.

and for the clock door, its held on by two plastic pegs on either side at the bottom. its just popped into place... unfortunately the reason why the door comes off is because those two pegs break off. which would make it impossible to reinstall a new door. if thats the case, just get a new clock from an integra/cb7

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

let me clarify.. on the 90 (and i assume 91), pulling the release handle pulls back a small tab in the fuel filler cavity (basically the end of the cable). when that small tab is pulled back, the little clip/spring on the inside of the fuel filler door pops the door open. its under load all the time, just that little tab is holding it back.

i could never get mine open... replaced that tab, and found the clip for the fuel door.

bingo
              RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

About the clock door, there is a small plastic rod/dowel on the right side. Sometimes they'll stay w/ the door itself, other times, they'll come out and be loose, but either way, it'll work; As long as the rod/dowel isn't snapped in half, which would be hard to do anyways!

If it's loose, a dab of hot glue @ the end will hold it in. A small (1/8 or 3/16") flathead screwdriver will help in pushing the spring leg under the lip of the clock body.

Comment

Originally posted by led_fut
                  haha i spent hours trying to figure out why my fuel door woulndt open (90 EXR). Then i noticed that my buddies fifth gen had a little metal clip/spring thing mounted on the inside of the fuel door. I could see the little spot for it on mine. EUREKA lol... found one in a junkyard. good as new.

I had already replaced the little spring loaded cable release end bit thinger, because someone had broken it off trying to pry the fuel door open before i owned it, and subsequient owners probably used the same tool every fillup. (screw driver scratches all over.... shudder)
                  I use my key to open the fuel door.. mine has never worked. Thanks for the tip!

-mak

PS: I know how you feel about the scratches.. mine looks horrid.

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
                  Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
                  Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
                  [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Originally posted by close2classic
                    I know they are common to integras and other hondas also. How do I reinstall the clock cover, I have the spring, the cover, do I need a rod or something?

yep you need the rod that they have. & if the clock mounting spot has the part that, that rod goes into, you wont be able to reinstall another door.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                    X