Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cleaning engine/engine bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JUST MAKE SURE U WATER WEN THE CAR IS ON...I MADE A MISTAKE WASHING ENGINE BAY WEN IT WAS OFF!!. pce.

Comment

Originally posted by zacatecas View Post
      i heard armoall cracks the hoses of the engine.
      dries it out, same w/ everything armorall touches

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
        dries it out, same w/ everything armorall touches
        really
        then i guess i gotta stop using it

PSN: DJ-dlatino
        My ride
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140370

Comment

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post
          JUST MAKE SURE U WATER WEN THE CAR IS ON...I MADE A MISTAKE WASHING ENGINE BAY WEN IT WAS OFF!!. pce.
          That happened to me when i tried to clean my 92 Mazda Mpv. the van refused to start for like 15 mins I took the leaf blower in the garage and started to dry the wires off and it did the trick. I was sweating bullets though lol

93 Accord SE
          02 Highlander Limited

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
            I have never removed my battery, never covered my filter (it's a Tsudo foam and the water that doesn't drip out isn't enough to hurt the motor. I probably pull more in driving in the rain), never covered my dizzy or any of the electronics, and your alternator isn't going to fry because you tried to start it wet. Tap water is actually a horrible conductor. Trust me, I've got over 25 years of working on cars and almost as long driving them. The worst that's happened is I've had to take the dizzy cap off and dry it out. And I clean mine almost every time I go to the car wash, probably 4 times a year. The rest of the time I wash her in the driveway.

I'd happily eat off my engine bay if it wouldn't make it dirty!
            i second that. i've never covered anything. i DO, however, remove my filter and shove a rag in the pipe. i mean, its ONE screw to take it off, no reason to even stress about the filter. as far as degreaser, the stuff at the car wash works just fine for me. the pressure washing is the only thing i'm careful of honestly. keep the nozzle a fair distance away and you'll blast the dirt/grease off without worrying about messing up any wires. the drive to the car wash (about a mile) is enough to warm up the engine to the point of loosening the grease. if you're afraid its too hot, just open your hood and let it cool down for a few minutes. the heat will help to prevent the water from corroding anything as it evaporates quickly.
            90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
            91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

ive benn wanting to do this for a while. thanks for the info!! =D
              Originally posted by Quashish
              Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
              Quashish dictionary
              Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
              To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

yeah..........
                1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

hey man i just cleaned mine today and it was very easy and didnt had to cover nothing...this was before this is now
                  this is my cb7 92 honda accord ex....enjoy it

Comment

grease remover fo sho
                    Viva la CB7!

Comment

Originally posted by checarter15 View Post
                      hey man i just cleaned mine today and it was very easy and didnt had to cover nothing...this was before this is now
                      looks alot better
                      Viva la CB7!

Comment

i washed under the hood with my cars engine running. it died. i waited a bit and it started up fine though. prob the last time i will attempt that

My CB7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=phalpin

Comment

I just did mine again,and the same ish happend. It will run fine for 10 mins, then looses all balls, and back-fire out the intake. The idle gets screwy too. I covered the dizzy,filter,alt. and it will sti run like crap for two days until some dries out.
                          90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

i'd at least cover the spark plug holes. you definitely don't want any water getting into there.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Jay1 View Post
                              I just did mine again,and the same ish happend. It will run fine for 10 mins, then looses all balls, and back-fire out the intake. The idle gets screwy too. I covered the dizzy,filter,alt. and it will sti run like crap for two days until some dries out.
                              try taking off your distributor cap. check for moisture inside. leave the cap off for a while and let it dry out. later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Jay1 View Post
                                I had water go through the spark plug wire and in to the chamber so that made my car misfire real bad. Just check in there next time and make sure there isn't any water in there

TypeG!...... hilarious sig

Comment

Working...
                                X