Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cleaning engine/engine bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaning engine/engine bay

what do you need to cover before you start hosing down the engine

i know the intake/filter
    and the distributer

are there any more parts that are sensitive to water ?

PSN: DJ-dlatino
    My ride
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140370

same i would like 2 know

but dont hose it down use greas remover in like a power washer and it will be 100 times faster

Comment

I would look around for exposed wires and if you find any cover them up. Remove the battery and you should be good to go.
      1993 Accord EX
      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

I never cover anything, never had problems.
        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          I never cover anything, never had problems.
          Same here. I am a little cautious around the dizzy, but I soak her down with engine cleaner and then power wash her clean. I've never had any problems with her, but I do have a screwdriver and rag in case I get water in the dizzy. I've never taken the battery out.

Comment

Don't worry about the battery. I would definitely cover where the spark plug wires are though. On my eclipse I had water get down in there and I was being careful and it made them misfire and throw a cel. cover those and the dizzy and just don't get too close to anything and you should be good.

Comment

if anything I would cover all the electrical bits.

1. alternator
              2. distributor
              3. fuse box

Spray on some engine degreaser and wait for about 20 minutes.

Hose down with low pressure water.

Right after you hose everything down, start the engine and let it heat up for about 20 minutes; it will hiss and steam and get all the moisture out of there.

Some spray some liquid grease on the engine afterward; this makes it look nice and helps reduce corrosion.
              DEVOTE

Comment

what is liquid grease? oil? i just cover the alt/fusebox
                you'll love my nuts!

Comment

i cleaned it today
                  all i did was put back the stock air filter box

and hosed down the engine

the red circle is where i really needed to wash

i had a trans fluid and antifreeze leak that went all over the tranny a while back

its real clean now

PSN: DJ-dlatino
                  My ride
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140370

Comment

Yeah, I dont cover anything either...

No problems...

If you think about it, everything under there is going to get wet when it rains anyway...

Comment

i just take off my filter and i also dont use engine degrease i have another secret stuff then i power wash turns out clean

^^MY OLD RIDE
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

I take off my cone filter and clamp a plastic bag onto my intake but other than that, spray the whole thing with engine bay cleaner,wait 15-20 minutes, hose it off, and let my car run for 10-15

Underground.Society
                        Originally posted by Deevergote
                        If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
                          if Anything I Would Cover All The Electrical Bits.

1. Alternator
                          2. Distributor
                          3. Fuse Box

Spray On Some Engine Degreaser And Wait For About 20 Minutes.

Hose Down With Low Pressure Water.

Right After You Hose Everything Down, Start The Engine And Let It Heat Up For About 20 Minutes; It Will Hiss And Steam And Get All The Moisture Out Of There.

Some Spray Some Liquid Grease On The Engine Afterward; This Makes It Look Nice And Helps Reduce Corrosion.
                          Perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                            Yeah, I dont cover anything either...

No problems...

If you think about it, everything under there is going to get wet when it rains anyway...
                            Ummm no! But not too long ago my dizzy got water inside and it was a horrible experience.
                            VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dlatino View Post
                              what do you need to cover before you start hosing down the engine

i know the intake/filter
                              and the distributer

are there any more parts that are sensitive to water ?
                              distributer would be the main thing i would worry ab
                              kiss my grill
                              Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X