Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"jdm" cup holder install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"jdm" cup holder install question

I ordered some "jdm" cup holders off of ebay and tried to put them in yesterday, but they didnt quite fit, there is a huge gap and they wont let my ashtray slide back in...... I could honestly care less if they're jdm, I just need friggin holders lol. Is there any difference between usdm and jdm console/lower dash? I didnt think there was any difference seeing as they're just cup holders. Thanks
    .....................EJ1..........................................Turbo CB7.....................

91 Accord Turbo DX
    93 Accord LX
    90 Accord LX
    02 Grand Am GT
    06 Turbo 2.4 G6

do you have any pics?? The DX models didnt come with any cup holders so all you have to do is grab the cup holders that came from an LX or EX and they should fit perfect....

Im not sure what the jdm cup holders look like

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

Originally posted by busak87 View Post
      do you have any pics?? The DX models didnt come with any cup holders so all you have to do is grab the cup holders that came from an LX or EX and they should fit perfect....

Im not sure what the jdm cup holders look like
      No pics yet, yea Im thinkin the jdm bit was a load of b.s. but I could be wrong. Im thinking maybe there's something different on the lower part of the dash where it meets the console. Also I forgot to mention its a dx.
      .....................EJ1..........................................Turbo CB7.....................

91 Accord Turbo DX
      93 Accord LX
      90 Accord LX
      02 Grand Am GT
      06 Turbo 2.4 G6

Comment

If i'm not mistaken they are a great deal smaller than the USDM ones. There was a DIY thread on a cup holder install I think theres some pics in there.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
        "The Turtle"
        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Comment

/\/\Thats def a CSA(for those who dont know, Confederate States of America) cup holder.

"The Turtle"
            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
              will this cupholder fit in his car?

Comment

Originally posted by paulhenrick2k8 View Post
                If it does you'll be ridin low, and I mean low. This is where the rule of no fat chicks car will scrape comes into play.

"The Turtle"
                DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

ah, so you ordered one of those cup holders that go into the pocket underneath your stereo.

Comment

if you ordered just the cup holders, and they came without the pocket that fits underneath, you're going to have to get an LX/EX pocket. this is the black plastic piece that fits in front of the gearbox, directly under the center dash / climate control / radio. the cup holder screws into this pocket, and is essentially part of your gearbox cover. the DX pocket does NOT have a mount for the cup holders.
                    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

|.........Overnight................ ....................| | |__
                      |.............Japan Parts............................| |'| |,____.
                      |_...._....____________________--------- | |_| |_|.....|
                      * (@)'(@) **'''"""'''"""'''"""''"""""'*| (@)(@)**{__}**(@)]
                      www.ctdrag.com

94 DEL SOL SI

Comment

I think I figured it out, I'm pretty sure the cup holders arent working because my 1/2 ass dx console wont let it fit. If I had a full console they'd fit perfect, time to cut into it.

Thanks for the input guys

91 Accord Turbo DX
                        93 Accord LX
                        90 Accord LX
                        02 Grand Am GT
                        06 Turbo 2.4 G6

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                          If it does you'll be ridin low, and I mean low. This is where the rule of no fat chicks car will scrape comes into play.
                          you mean this

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

Comment

Yeah that, lol. I need one

"The Turtle"
                            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by paulhenrick2k8 View Post
                              looks like the car fits in the cupholder

Comment

Working...
                              X