Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

custom top hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom top hats

I am having my friend make these .... i havent searched to see if any company sells them but watever hahah ill have pics this weekend ........stk one we cut at the base of the top hat . now they are extented 2 inches on the rear and 1 inch in the front . i just have to try them out
    Last edited by c7abeaccord; 08-09-2009, 10:25 AM.
    CB-K for the win !!!!

Are you referring to the top hat of a strut assembly?

Comment

I'm in to see results. What is he making them out of? You're car is gonna be magazine worthy dude. I'm thoroughly impressed.
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
        I'm in to see results. What is he making them out of? You're car is gonna be magazine worthy dude. I'm thoroughly impressed.
        im just useing the stk top hat and adding an inch of the same size steel tube ..... my friend works in cnc machine shop , so if it works out ill have him make my a set hopefully haha , you guys know if any companies make them for accords ?
        CB-K for the win !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
          Are you referring to the top hat of a strut assembly?
          yes sir
          CB-K for the win !!!!

Comment

Honestly I know Tein makes them but they are some serious ching. Even then I don't know what they use for bushing material, whether they are solid poly or spherical bushings or whatever.
            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Weir is making a set for my OMNI's too.

I went with a 2.5" extention though.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
              dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

fail ... it is a no go for this set ...
                CB-K for the win !!!!

Comment

keep trying !

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                  -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

why do u need extended top hat?
                    clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
                    Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

if they come out nice you should tell your friend to start a biz....and mass produce them!...good luk

Comment

Not sure I understand this.. Is this for using a shorter spring for lowering the car..but the damper stroke will be the same as un-lowered ?

If so, cool..

Comment

^
                          correcto mundo
                          Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                          -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by dano28 View Post
                            Not sure I understand this.. Is this for using a shorter spring for lowering the car..but the damper stroke will be the same as un-lowered ?

If so, cool..
                            Originally posted by cali-racer View Post
                            ^
                            correcto mundo
                            does this mean you can use your stock struts with out blowing them with lowered springs?

Comment

I think it's so the car can be low without losing the travel of the strut. So it doesn't bottom out and bounce all over the place. Problem is, how is the hood going to clear them?

Comment

Working...
                              X