Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Adjustable Shocks vs Regular Shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustable Shocks vs Regular Shocks?

Whats the difference between adjustable shocks and non adjustable?
    pros and cons?

Adjustable shocks you can change the damping power so to speak, ie you can change from a stiffer shock to a softer shock with the turn of a knob on most. Some you have to remove to change it. Regular shocks are set and there is no changing them, if they are too soft or hard for you liking oh well.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
    "The Turtle"
    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

it changes the ride characteristics of your car. Good for the occasional mountain run when you drive in the city most of the time. I've got KYB AGXs. They adjust to 4 levels of stiffness in front and 8 in back. Its a pretty noticeable difference from going from max stiff to max soft.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        it changes the ride characteristics of your car. Good for the occasional mountain run when you drive in the city most of the time. I've got KYB AGXs. They adjust to 4 levels of stiffness in front and 8 in back. Its a pretty noticeable difference from going from max stiff to max soft.
        i'm waiting for those in the mail lol

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Oh okay i guess ill go adjustable then, any thoughts on the kyb adjustables?

Comment

KYB AGXs are lame. I had a set, and upgraded to Koni Yellows... the difference is night and day. I also never managed to blow a Koni... but I blew an AGX easily on a pothole.

I would never buy AGXs. Konis for adjustable, or Bilsteins for non-adjustable. I would get nothing else.

Comment

oh wow so thats why their so cheap. rears for like 116.
              wait scratch that i need some cheaper shocks, those konis are expensive as hell
              Last edited by BlackZ; 09-13-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

You get what you pay for. If you want to pay crap prices, you're going to get crap parts

Comment

Originally posted by BlackZ View Post
                  U can get a set of Konis for $500 shipped

Either keep ur car stock, get Bilstiens or Konis...

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by BlackZ View Post
                    Go to neuspeed, they sell the super cup kit (koni yellows and their race springs) for 699. You can get the yellows from them for 500 also though. I've only been able to find them through neuspeed, but I really didn't search hard. They also have the koni reds, 112 front and 118 rear. They are adjustable but you have to remove them to adj. them. I'm not to sure on how good these are though.

"The Turtle"
                    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

^x2

Comment

Keep it up Jordan. You'll be back to 0 posts in no time!

Comment

I was wondering if you were going to say something. Deeve where did you get your yellows from?

"The Turtle"
                          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

I got them used from a local oldschool member, P M. cpmike's beater 91 is the car that they came off of.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              KYB AGXs are lame. I had a set, and upgraded to Koni Yellows... the difference is night and day. I also never managed to blow a Koni... but I blew an AGX easily on a pothole.

I would never buy AGXs. Konis for adjustable, or Bilsteins for non-adjustable. I would get nothing else.
                              i wish i knew this....cuz here in newark streets are no good

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Working...
                              X