Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lighted mirror switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndyD
    replied
    Whoa! Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing! I might do this when I get a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Shay91Racer
    replied
    just thought of this... a worth while would be heated mirrors from an acura... forgot which model tho

Leave a comment:

• Shay91Racer
    replied
    lol dopeness! Move it to DIY section mods don't know how many would do this but it is creative nonetheless

Leave a comment:

• CB7_213
    replied
    wow thats nice.

Leave a comment:

• lucifer1
    replied
    added a pink filter cap and made it light orange

added a brown filter cap and made red

Leave a comment:

• ibr_adam09
    replied
    Super creative. I don't think this has been done before ?!

Leave a comment:

• lucifer1
    replied
    Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
    did CRV'S in Japan have power folding mirrors? I would do this if it has the switch for that since I have PFM
    Not sure about japan but the UK 2nd gen does. The wiring diagrams show it that it works with out the relay box but can be wired to work with it. The Pilot switch would work the relay box except the switch icon is changed. The pilot switch is under $20 new from the dealer.

Leave a comment:

• 93JDMBeast
    replied
    nicee write up bro

Leave a comment:

• Hondateck2010
    replied
    did CRV'S in Japan have power folding mirrors? I would do this if it has the switch for that since I have PFM

Leave a comment:

• jdm_inspired
    replied
    Awesome discovery and write up. Unfortunately I wouldn't do it cause it seems like too much work for something I hardly use.

Every little detail counts though. Kudos for you dude!

Leave a comment:

• fatboy1185
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lucifer1
    started a topic Lighted mirror switch

Lighted mirror switch

My crv has a mirror switch that lights up so I thought the accord needed one too.

The switches are almost the same from the front but the internals and connnectors are totally different. It fits into the hole and electrically works the same. The 7th gen civic and 1st gen pilot switches will also work

the front

inside

connector

I found a connector off one of my extra harness and filled in the empty spots and spliced into the existing wiring. You could cut off the old connector and wire directly but I like the option of having both. wiring is really simple but just a couple colors changed

Existing wires
    crv switch--------------------------------------accord switch
    pin 1 blk/yel 12v switched heat---------------no connection
    pin 2 blk/yel 12v swithed mirror---------------pin 9 yel/grn
    pin 3
    pin 4 red light 12v------------------------------No connnection
    pin 5 grn/wh up/dn----------------------------------pin 5blu/wh
    pin 6 blk ground--------------------------------pin 10 black
    pin 7
    pin 8 Orn defogger out------------------------No connection
    pin 9 red/blk light dimmer------------------------No connection
    pin10blu/blk left common------------------------pin 7 yel/red
    pin11red/yel right common----------------------pin 6 blu/grn
    pin12blu/wh left l/r-------------------------------pin 4 yel/blk
    pin13wh/red right l/r-----------------------------pin 3 blu/blk

I Wired up the light wires to the mirror sw power. It will light whenever the ignition on. It should be wired to the dimmer wires but that will be another day since I was being lazy and didn't want to run the wires through the door.
    red----------yel/grn
    red/blk-----black

If you get a switch from a pilot, they have heated mirror version with an extra latching on/off switch next to the left/right selector
    pin 1 blk/yel is the 12v input, it needs to splice into the pin 2 blk/yel mirror power
    pin 8 orn is the 12v output and can be ran to a relay for whatever you want to turn on/off.
    I am going to get one of these switches and modify it to be momentary, then connect it to a trunk solenoid.

wired up

installed, loooks the same no would know the difference

money shot, now I just need to make it blue to match
Working...
X