Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

$60 coilovers off craiglist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$60 coilovers off craiglist

Is this a good find or would I just be wasting my time.
    Says that it fits 90-97 accords
    Here is the link :http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/pts/1497825325.html
    Thanks in advance

you'll need new shocks.

MEMBERS RIDE.

Bought from: DannyD , Night Wolf , CB7=91, lummieCB7
    Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Comment

trash

Comment

w/o prober struts, car will ride like crap.
        And those look like the same cheap ass ebay crap that i have on my car right now. Dont waste your money, unless you like a crappy ride.

But i could be wrong about the brand.

Oh and mine were not by choice, came with car when i got it.

Comment

Your life is riding on your suspension. Don't cheap out.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
            trash
            Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            Your life is riding on your suspension. Don't cheap out.
            Exactly.

On the other hand, you can find these on ebay for $50 shipped and save $10 if you REALLY had to have these crappy things.

Bottom line: Save up and get quality parts, it will save you the headache of re-doing it.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Thanks I just needed someone to back up my hunch on these and thanks for the quick replys

Comment

Those look like eBay coilovers.....don't cheap out like JoshM said....ask the guy what brand they are...

Comment

Garbage.

If you want coilover sleeves, get Ground Controls. Everything else is trash.

And you MUST replace your shocks and get an alignment if you're lowering your car. A camber kit is a good idea as well, though not quite as necessary (right away, anyway). Shocks and alignment are absolutely necessary for your safety.

If you can't afford that, you can't afford to lower your car.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Garbage.

If you want coilover sleeves, get Ground Controls. Everything else is trash.

And you MUST replace your shocks and get an alignment if you're lowering your car. A camber kit is a good idea as well, though not quite as necessary (right away, anyway). Shocks and alignment are absolutely necessary for your safety.

If you can't afford that, you can't afford to lower your car.

For argument's sake, how do you know its the ebay sleeves that are bad and not the dampers? Most people that have Ebay sleeves use poor dampers and blame it on the ebay part of course.

I never see Ebay coilover sleeves like Arospeed for example on Koni yellows. I'm willing to bet they would perform just as well as a ground control, provided the same, or comparable materials are used in their construction. Its just a theory I have, but I don't want to buy a set of GCs and Ebay sleeves just to find out.
                    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yeh it will do as it was designed to do but the ride quality wont be there. shocks are a deff must. do not lower on you stock shocks u have on the car. u do as you please. as the answers are here.
                      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                        For argument's sake, how do you know its the ebay sleeves that are bad and not the dampers? Most people that have Ebay sleeves use poor dampers and blame it on the ebay part of course.

I never see Ebay coilover sleeves like Arospeed for example on Koni yellows. I'm willing to bet they would perform just as well as a ground control, provided the same, or comparable materials are used in their construction. Its just a theory I have, but I don't want to buy a set of GCs and Ebay sleeves just to find out.
                        Cheap coilovers are generally available in a very stiff spring rate only, which is not engineered for the car itself. The metal used in the springs, as well as the sheathing, is of cheaper quality. The springs will sag unevenly, and the sheathing will crack faster than quality springs (leading to rusty, and eventually broken, springs.) The metal used in the sleeves is cheap, and subject to corrosion, making the adjustable perches very difficult, or impossible, to operate.

I own a set of Lo-Boyz that came with my 3rd gen hatchback... I do have some experience there. (that crap is no longer on the car.)

Arospeed isn't my favorite company, but they aren't a complete "ebay" company either. They were once considered a reputable tuning company. They even had their own wheels. Their parts were featured in Need For Speed Underground.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                          I'm willing to bet they would perform just as well as a ground control, provided the same, or comparable materials are used in their construction.
                          that's where your assumption is flawed, they dont...ground controls come with a spring rate of around 350lb, and you can customize it to any spring rate.

these e*** coilovers, all coil bind when lowered, not stiff at all. they dont aid in any performance whatsoever.

i love ppl who defend ebay generic products with the mantra "it's just the same..."

looks the same....

lets put up a ebay turbo vs. a garret or turbonetics...lets see whose fins in the turbo shoot out first.

Comment

"looks the same" is the reason why these things sell. People don't understand the difference between quality and crap, and they don't see how they COULD be different. Sadly, that's something that plagues the entire tuning community (import and domestic alike).

I could probably "upgrade" a CB7 with a ton of cheap parts, and a bone-stock CB7 that has been restored to factory specs would run circles around it.

Comment

the ride on those will depend on how low you ride. it will bounce with a weak strut....

the lower you go the worse the ride will be. but that goes with any sleeve setup. for the price it's not bad. thats the price shipped on ebay.

I wouldn't say that they aren't safe, i would say that they aren't top quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X