Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The Light up needle experiment. Not for beginer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
    This is awesome. Id like to see this take off.

blackex, do you think this could be done with a cluster from any car or have you just been doing Accords?
    so far I just done accord. I'm sure other car is similar.
    my next project for some one here locally.
    acura legend, needle will be from 98 accord. since it has long needle to match
    the legend gauge.

Comment

mad props man this look clean and im lovin the colors cant wait for the complete DIY im also thinking of painting the face of the guage tan to match my car interior idk how that would look tho guess ill have to find out
      I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Comment

Woooeee, I like this. I wanna see that DIY.

why didnt u end up using that ebay face? Too much?

Thanks.
        PSN
        Vash744

MRT 1992 EX Coupe "The Jerk"
        2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback
        2008 Honda Fit Sport (Totaled out - Death by fallen tree)
        1993 CB7 Sedan LX (Totaled out)
        1991 CB7 Sedan EX (Dead and Junked)

Comment

how bout i send u my cluster an u do it up for me an ill pay u for it! lol

Comment

Originally posted by 90exkId View Post
            how bout i send u my cluster an u do it up for me an ill pay u for it! lol
            yeah just pm . I just order more parts so once I have all the part then I'll build
            the board ready for install . it should be pretty quick turn around. my new board
            will be much cleaner, more even light output, my job cut my hours so I need some thing to do to pay bill.

couple pic installed

Last edited by blackex; 05-15-2010, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Nice job! I was wondering what year camry was it? And you were saying not pulling the needles out, so did you mean from camry or accord? Cause I did my cluster while ago and with 2 spoons i pop the speed and rpm needles out and they still work very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSpeedy View Post
                Nice job! I was wondering what year camry was it? And you were saying not pulling the needles out, so did you mean from camry or accord? Cause I did my cluster while ago and with 2 spoons i pop the speed and rpm needles out and they still work very nicely.
                I wasted 2 cluster that way. I'm not gonna take the chance.

Comment

Holy shit, dude. This is excellent.
                  I'm still a little shady on how to calibrate the new needles, but I'm assuming it'll make sense once I get around to it.

Despite it being a little grammatically difficult to understand, +1 rep for you.

Also, it totally looks like you have 7 toes here.

Last edited by TheNextEpisode; 05-24-2010, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Man, great job! That looks awesome! May have to consider it myself.

Robert

Comment

since we lost few post from server being down. I'll post some
                      new and improve circuit board to eliminate hot spot. A lot more
                      even light all around, cost me extra cash but I like it to be perfect.
                      whats done so far.

No hot spot at all.

I know, I know, DIY is coming soon I promised,
                      Last edited by blackex; 06-18-2010, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                        This is so cool. It would be cool to have the needle on your tach 1 color, have it change when VTEC hits, then another color when you need to shift, like a shift light. Can't wait to see this when it's done.
                        yo that'd be the illest and if it turned red when your speeding.

Comment

wow, i love this. props for you man

can't wait for DIY.

Comment

that's the best cluster i've ever seen can't wait for the DIY so i can do it

Comment

Hey man I love this, I see u changed the LED's, r these better than the first ones u used?

.................................................. .................................................. ...
                              God First, Family Second, and CB's for fun Third...

Comment

Originally posted by DRAGON JOEY View Post
                                Hey man I love this, I see u changed the LED's, r these better than the first ones u used?
                                yes, these has wide angle so it spread more even ligh,
                                plus these are smaller so it work great in tight area.

Comment

Working...
                                X