Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

$250 Carbon Fiber Front lip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I didn't mean to start a war.

I just want to find a good lip that is specifically made for a 90-93 and has a good look to it. I am disabled and can only do so much "custom" work for so long without extreme pain, so ease of installation is my main focus.

Is there a greddy lip for cb7's? I can only seem to find for cd's?

Comment

Originally posted by royalaccord92 View Post
      Wow I didn't mean to start a war.

I just want to find a good lip that is specifically made for a 90-93 and has a good look to it. I am disabled and can only do so much "custom" work for so long without extreme pain, so ease of installation is my main focus.

Is there a greddy lip for cb7's? I can only seem to find for cd's?
      my bad i forgot yeah they ar for cd's lol but they look really nice on cbs well what style are you going for? flare?,calm? or aggressive?

Comment

I wanna do something mild. Something that maybe the everyday person doesn't even notice but that us car guys will go "that's a sweet piece"

My other idea is to just do a front bumper from a kit but I'm having trouble finding something that's not too aggressive. I wouldn't want it to sit too low cause I'm not doing side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by H22Artman View Post
          well than, mr engineer. i guess you better go tell Ferrari and McLaren and MBZ and BMW and any other company on this planet that has a car in FIA or F1 that theyre doing it all wrong. call NASA and tell them the same thing while you're at it.

steel bends/dents because it is softer than CF. if you took a panel made of steel and a panel made of CF and put enough weight to dent the steel, the CF would still be intact. only once it reaches its breaking point (which is much greater than steel) will it crack/explode.

the reason its not mass produced is because its expensive compared to steel and takes much more effort/manpower to produce parts made of CF. you can stamp body panels all day with a steel press (because steel is soft by comparison).
          CF repair is more expensive to repair properly than steel (because steel is softer and pliable).

so... there's pros and cons to both. but saying that the one and only reason that people buy CF parts is for the light weight and looks is just ignorant.

reading up on stuff you dont know about before you post owns.
          wow you leaving me a negative rep saying i dont know the difference is ignorant. but then again, being stubborn is even more ignorant. someday you'll learn why cf aint strong. but today your just going to keep being stubborn.

btw your reading skills sucks. its motar not motor. big difference

op. i hope you found your answer, cus im outta here. peace
          Last edited by quickangel93; 07-01-2010, 10:48 AM.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Im no pro but i would say just go with a cheaper lip if its for every day driving op.

Comment

Hey I was checking this out just curious what you guys thought for $250. I've heard ok things about the website selling them.
              http://hmotorsports.com/carbon_fiber_parts.html
              get it if you can afford it. i cant wait to get mine. carbon lips will set your car off! my homie bought one for his civic and it was pretty thick and he has hit it so many times and it keeps looking hella clean. wetsand and clearcoat, all fresh again.

Comment

I do have the money to get it (that's my car budget every month) I just can't seem to find any other good ones made specifically for the cb's.

Comment

I do have the money to get it (that's my car budget every month) I just can't seem to find any other good ones made specifically for the cb's.
                  get the oem lip then get the cd5 lip and put bondo to fuse them together and sand it and paint it it looks sick if done right?

Comment

look through the members ride threads and get yourself ideas.

we got legend lip, ex lip, cd5 lip, mugen abs lip, type r lip, and other rare lip kits
                    miss my turbo cb7
                    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                      It broke going into a parking lot under 5 mph.Whether i paid for it or not they are alot more fragile then you'd think.
                      I had more fragile lips than this, and have lasted. Original owner lasted with it how long? Just saying...its questionable.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Wow

I am surprised there is so much arguing over CF vs steel for body panels and lips/splitters

A simple google search would solve most of the debate, however it helps to know what to search for, and also what you are looking for when designing components.

When talking about strength, more specifically yield strength there is no comparison with carbon fiber almost 10 times stronger then low carbon steels (the steel they use for body panels). Steel however has a much greater toughness and can deform, as has been hinted at.

In all but EXTREME race vehicle a metal, usually steel is used for the frame / body, this is for its cheapness, and safety. When getting in an accident it is important to have crumple zones, this cannot be achieved using carbon fiber.

When talking about body panels however it is a different story. The main reasons for the panels is to increase aerodynamics and improve looks. The idea is to do this a cheaply and as lightly as possible.

In the past this was done mostly with steel, this is because CF and aluminum were way too expensive to just throw on a car, especially when average joe will never see the benefit from it, unless average joe tracks the car.

In recent years, the cost of producing carbon fiber components has dropped, and aluminum is now a viable alternative to steel for some body panels.

Just to show the difference in the strength of cf vs steel wiki lists some ultimate strength values here

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

true. Its truly amazing what google can do for you.

I never knew that it was merely a price issue in the past.

Comment

damn it looks good tho.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

dont do it

Comment

Here my carbon fiber one

Last edited by RICHIE*GT35R; 12-06-2010, 07:56 AM.
                                Accord Of The Month January 09
                                Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                                BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Working...
                                X