Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cb cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb cancer

I just bought a coupe, Im a new cb owner... I need to know about how much and how to get rid of the cancer... If you can give me the most expensive fixes and the cheapest fixes....

?
    Last edited by magicdragon; 09-15-2010, 09:00 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

Originally posted by magicdragon View Post
      ?
      he's referring to the rust that plagues our rear quarter panels. that being said, probably the most expensive way to fix it is to go to a body shop and get it professionally done. you can also buy new quarter panels from websites although i've heard TAS auto has the best ones. you can then remove yours, put these ones on and primer... paint.... the whole deal.

as for a cheap fix, i'm in the same boat. i bought some rust remover from target but haven't gotten around to trying it out so your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

pics would help us determine if its worth fixing or not
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

gotcha
          -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

I paid $2500 to have my quarters cut out, replaced with OEM quarters, inner fender wells patched up and the back half of the car sprayed.

It was perfect though...100% rust free.

Comment

i got lucky, no rust
              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I bought the rear quarters off of TAS and paid a friend of mine who owns a body shop 500$ to replace them and fix other dents on the car. But to replace just the rear quarters it shouldn't cost no more than 500-700$ maybe more, maybe less, it all depends on where you go.
                You CAN'T Fix Stupid!

Comment

I just did mine last month.....

Click on this link to my page and to see the rear panel patch work....

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

I wont recommend DIY if you dont have body and paint skill though.... got to a pro shop and let them do for you.
                  Last edited by HATCHing; 09-16-2010, 12:45 AM.
                  Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=9368 my own personal experience.
                    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

back quarter panel

yeah i got lucky no rust either.. but i owned one of every year it an happened hardcore on my 90 and 91 but yeah also if you knew any welding bending shaving any of those skills or know anyone who does you can also cut that specific part out and cut another piece to fit it than weld shave and smooth it than primer and paint it thats also another route just time costly very cheap if you have the tools for it
                      What Do You Tell a Chick With 2 Black Eye's?
                      Nothing You Already Told Her Twice

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                        I paid $2500 to have my quarters cut out, replaced with OEM quarters, inner fender wells patched up and the back half of the car sprayed.

$2500 for new panels and half sprayed? kinda steep, im getting charged the $2700 and im getting whole car sprays, new panels, jams and undercoat on wheel wells

Originally posted by HATCHing View Post
                        I just did mine last month.....

Click on this link to my page and to see the rear panel patch work....

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

I wont recommend DIY if you dont have body and paint skill though.... got to a pro shop and let them do for you.
                        Originally posted by tommi View Post
                        That is how you should get your rust fixed and also remeber to use undercoat on the wheel wells and the rust of the underside of the car....spend an extra $50 for a gallon and clean then touch up the underside to ensure longer lasting.....i may just get new panels and paint car myself (single stage)

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                        When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post

man, thats more than i paid for my rust free 91 ex 5speed coupe !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                            $2500 for new panels and half sprayed? kinda steep, im getting charged the $2700 and im getting whole car sprays, new panels, jams and undercoat on wheel wells

That is how you should get your rust fixed and also remeber to use undercoat on the wheel wells and the rust of the underside of the car....spend an extra $50 for a gallon and clean then touch up the underside to ensure longer lasting.....i may just get new panels and paint car myself (single stage)
                            you guys should just fly to socal buy a clean rustfree cb7 for 2,000 and drive it back home...

Comment

Okay thanks everyone... I got a feel for now how much its gonna cost... I need to get some pictures up of it, but my cars in a driveway on blocks...

Comment

Working...
                              X