Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

mugen lip doesnt fit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mugen lip doesnt fit.

Ok so I read the lip faq and it shows a list of the lips that fit with little to no mod. Well I bought a mugen lip for a 96-97 accord like it showed and its waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy off I have to cut off the mounting tabs. Center the lip and cut off the ends, and make new mounting holes. Then I have to force the lip back onto the bumper because the center sticks out away from the car at least 3 inches Man is this depressing wish that faq was just a hair more in detail to what id have to do or I woulda never bought the lip.
    I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

its not hard bro . get the bumper off and do work . it took me and a friend about 20 mins to do .cut the tabs and get self tapping screws , center it up and drill the screws in place . if it doesn't look center you can redo. got to see it on there.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
      its not hard bro . get the bumper off and do work . it took me and a friend about 20 mins to do .cut the tabs and get self tapping screws , center it up and drill the screws in place . if it doesn't look center you can redo. got to see it on there.
      Oh I know its not too bad lol just being dramatic. Need to buy a drill cause I don't have one. Looked good lined up though. Got the tabs cut and marks made for new holes. Gonna use double sided tape and mounting screws so it fits firm.

Comment

i have the mugen lip on mine. originaly they go on the 96-98 civics. they fit pefect on the CBs stock lip, the only bad thing well not really bad is the 92-93 stock lip will have a gap. if your using the 90-91 lip its perfect. before that i had the 98-02 mugen lip frm my 98 accord that i used to have and i had to modifi it to fit. it just takees a bit of time.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199269 Current Coupe.

Instagram : moii_26

Playstation Network : el_tyrone

Comment

The pulling out of your hair, the beads of sweat from your frustration, the holes in the wall you made because of your anger managment issues. all these are the small joys of being a tweaker.... err.... tuner. a cb7 tuner that is.

Hopefully this is a learning experience. a multi-fold one at that.

1. Take things you read on the internet at face value.

2. do a mock up and see what else you need to do to get the results you want.

3. see if it can be salvaged, and try again.

that being said, do you have pics? theres nothing like working with your hands, then showing off your work, even if you made mistakes along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by kaitou View Post
            The pulling out of your hair, the beads of sweat from your frustration, the holes in the wall you made because of your anger managment issues. all these are the small joys of being a tweaker.... err.... tuner. a cb7 tuner that is.

Hopefully this is a learning experience. a multi-fold one at that.

1. Take things you read on the internet at face value.

2. do a mock up and see what else you need to do to get the results you want.

3. see if it can be salvaged, and try again.

that being said, do you have pics? theres nothing like working with your hands, then showing off your work, even if you made mistakes along the way.
            Na no pics til I get it on friday. Its GOIN TO WORK lol ill make sure of that 8)

Comment

Why did you buy the 96-97 lip?

I've always had better luck using the 94-95 lips. Both my OEM 5th Gen and GRacer lips were for that model and I had no problem custom fitting them.

Don't bother trying to line up holes. Drill the holes where you want them to have the lip fit the best. I've had to do this every time I've fit a lip onto a car, even using lips designed for those cars.

Comment

I heard the 94-95 lips fit with LITTLE modification. I went to the junkyard and bought one, and couldn't get it to fit right for shit.

Comment

[QUOTE=JustSomeGuy;2746427]I heard the 94-95 lips fit with LITTLE modification. I went to the junkyard and bought one, and couldn't get it to fit right for shit

U gotta love what you "hear" lol. Did u ever get it to work??

Comment

You need to trim portions of it and bend it on the sides. I just drilled new holes on the lip and bumper to put bolts on and also added self tapping screws. I have the 94-95 which wasn't direct fit but fits nicely after some modification.

Comment

lol you should already know that ANY lip that is not meant for our model accords will not bolt straight up or fit, it is a whole different thing after all

and what you have to do IS minor modifications compared to other lips,
                      My MRT

Comment

Originally posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
                        I heard the 94-95 lips fit with LITTLE modification. I went to the junkyard and bought one, and couldn't get it to fit right for shit

U gotta love what you "hear" lol. Did u ever get it to work??
                        i had the 94-95 mugen lip on mine for a while, and honestly it took me all of about 15 minutes to make it fit. That was one of the first mods i did on my car, and to be honest i never even touched an aftermarket lip for any vehicle before so i didn't really know what i was getting myself into. Still, it only took me 15 minutes, using a dremel mind you. lol thats all i had available at the time.

The variation on how extensive a modification is, is typically based on these variables:
                        time it takes to complete
                        tools needed
                        the skills required to complete the task (and/or the experience of the person performing the modification)

That being said, if someone is new to cars and never done any modifications before then yes it may be a little harder than someone who has been doing it for years.
                        Originally posted by #1_M.I._CARLOS View Post
                        lol you should already know that ANY lip that is not meant for our model accords will not bolt straight up or fit, it is a whole different thing after all

and what you have to do IS minor modifications compared to other lips,
                        ^^this!

Click picture to see my mrt
                        Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Originally posted by sikz6 View Post
                          i had the 94-95 mugen lip on mine for a while, and honestly it took me all of about 15 minutes to make it fit. That was one of the first mods i did on my car, and to be honest i never even touched an aftermarket lip for any vehicle before so i didn't really know what i was getting myself into. Still, it only took me 15 minutes, using a dremel mind you. lol thats all i had available at the time.

The variation on how extensive a modification is, is typically based on these variables:
                          time it takes to complete
                          tools needed
                          the skills required to complete the task (and/or the experience of the person performing the modification)

That being said, if someone is new to cars and never done any modifications before then yes it may be a little harder than someone who has been doing it for years.

^^this!
                          Yea I've had to do alot worse trust me lol. Just being dramatic cause I had to lift a finger (what a lazy finger) well pics tomorrow when I get it on 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Dy2*STR33T-KING View Post
                            Yea I've had to do alot worse trust me lol. Just being dramatic cause I had to lift a finger (what a lazy finger) well pics tomorrow when I get it on 8)
                            Haha alright

Click picture to see my mrt
                            Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Working...
                            X