Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Aftermarket seats in the back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket seats in the back?

i was wondering if anyone else has though about this. if you were to remove your stock rear seat (in a sedan) would you be able to fit in aftermarket racing seats?

I can't quite remember where i read this, but it was definitely on this forum somewhere. If you look around the performance and interior section if my memory serves me right, what I remember reading was that if you put the same racing seats that belong in the front driver and passenger area into the back seat area, it might seem higher then usual, but it should fit fine. It will just sit a bit higher since where the bench usually lies, you'll have railing plus the seat plus the headrest. Again, don't trust my word on this, i read about this a little while ago, if you look in the interior section of the forums im sure you'll find something. Good luck man!

Comment

It would take custom work, and it would probably be very unsafe (the seats would sit very high, presenting a serious risk of head/neck injury in an accident... plus there is no proper place to secure a seatbelt.)

I've seen it done. It looks extremely stupid.

You'd be better off getting quality racing seats (installed correctly, with a harness and a harness bar in place), and then have your back seat wrapped in matching fabric. It would look 100x better than 4 racing seats. Plus, the back seat is REALLY light... racing seats with brackets would most likely ADD weight to the car.

Comment

Very true, I didn't take that into consideration, but it is still doable. Not practical, but doable. I personally would do what you suggested which was to get the racing seats for the driver and passenger, and just reupholster the back seats with matching material. Smart and probably even cheaper and better for the car!

Comment

Yeah, ANYTHING is doable... but not always safe and practical!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            You'd be better off getting quality racing seats (installed correctly, with a harness and a harness bar in place), and then have your back seat wrapped in matching fabric. It would look 100x better than 4 racing seats. Plus, the back seat is REALLY light... racing seats with brackets would most likely ADD weight to the car.
            I would agree. Have them wrapped would take some custom work, but they would look better.

For instance:
            Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
              I would agree. Have them wrapped would take some custom work, but they would look better.

For instance:
              Thats sexy.....i want it!!!!lol...
              My 90 coupe Mr thread....
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Omar, is that your car, or is that Joey's?

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post

For instance:
                  Woah! Any idea how much this cost to do?

Comment

I was originally going to do this but after some research i decided it would be to much trouble to deal with, instead i looked at switching back seats with a CL

Comment

If you do something like this its cool. Ive seen different setups and I like it if its done right.

Comment

They look like baby seats IMO when placed in the back. not very appealing. the fabric wrap is soo much better, ive seen that on an AE86 before. it looks even better on a coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by gvaldez92 View Post
                          If you do something like this its cool. Ive seen different setups and I like it if its done right.

^^^^ im not even going to ask what this is... looks like booster seats for 3 year olds and i cant even tell if thats chrome plastic or metal door panel trim..... either way its hideous imo

very interesting topic, love the rewrapped back seat!

Comment

Those back seats covered in bride looks tooo sick. It looks like it cost a lot too. That interior is clean too. I wish mine was like that.
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...53&postcount=4

Comment

thanks a lot for all the replies, the re-wraping of the back seat naver came to mind. i really like the idea of it though and it seems like it would be cheaper than buying 2 more seats.

Comment

Working...
                              X