Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Those who want black interior pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cb9007 View Post
    My concern on painting the interior parts is longevity ? Cause daily use will get torn up
    I second this anyone know how it will hold up.

Comment

The red interior looks so good .

In Europe I believe it's very very rare or maybe unavailable like the blue .
      In mine , I have a mix of black/grey parts .

Comment

You're not the first European that has made positive comments about the burgundy interior. It's so odd in that most people here hate it. Now if it were a true bright red, that would be a totally different story.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          You're not the first European that has made positive comments about the burgundy interior. It's so odd in that most people here hate it. Now if it were a true bright red, that would be a totally different story.

Very strange endeed !
          European people want USDM or JDM parts because it's rare and different and of course have a nice look for us . Maybe here it is the opposite

Comment

I think im the only person in the US that loves the burgundy interior lol

Comment

You were who I had in mind when I said "most" instead of "all".
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I've done a bit of interior painting over the years. A little extra prep work will increase durability even further. Typically I do a scuff wash with a fine gray scotchbrite with water and a "scuff creme". The scuff cream is a lightly abrasive cream detergent. It gets into the texture, removing dirt and oils and puts a very fine scuff on the surface, without damaging the original texture. Then I use another SEM product called "vinyl prep". It's an aresol spray that temporarily softens the surface and opens up the pores of the plastic to better accept the paint. These couple steps increase mechanical and chemical adhesion of the paint to your surface. If you have access to a paint gun and compressor, there is an even better paint product than the SEM. Dupont interior color is available in custom mixed colors in pints/quarts. I think it's about $40 a quart.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  You were who I had in mind when I said "most" instead of "all".
                  lmao

Comment

It's amazing what a lick of paint can do to those interior pieces!

Gotta find that stuff out here in Slovenia, my Accord definitely needs some fresh black interior pieces

Comment

Dang, that turned out very well. Nice work man!

Comment

Working...
                      X