Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Those who want black interior pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those who want black interior pieces

Since everyone and their uncle on here wants black consoles, black panels and pretty much black anything for their interior, and with SE's being in high demand and low supply, I have the next best solution for all of you.

Me, being the SE hoarder I've been told I am, have had ownership of 3 SE's over the past 2 years. One was my daily, the other 2 were parts cars.

Now, as many of you know from my MRT, that I have recently finished a complete interior swap and overhaul in my new coupe.

Black SE carpet, dash, rear shelf, trunk panels and trunk carpet. Tan SE leather seats & seatbelts, and my original maroon coupe door and rear seat panels, kick panels, door sills and centre console all painted black.

For you to get your almost OEM match black interior pieces, you need to use SEM Interior Coating spray paint in Semi Gloss Black.

When I have my painted door panels closed against my black SE dash, you can barely tell the difference. The texture, colour and finish looks completely OEM.

While the original SE dash has had 20 years to fade from natural sunlight exposure, the new paint matches very close, and is just about a 100% match when the dash is wiped down with a vinyl care product.

Se for yourself with proof in my photos. The $14 that one can costs is much cheaper to redo your existing pieces than trying to locate and swap black ones.

This interior went from this:

To this

To this. These were the original maroon panels, sills & console

In the one pic looking in the passenger side at the dash, you can see the dash looks very light compared to the painted panels. I forget what product I had used, but I had wiped the dash down with something and it came out all dry, streaky and faded looking.

I can assure you this stuff looks legit, and IMO, is the next best thing for those of you who cannot find those rare black pieces.
    Last edited by crazymikey; 01-25-2012, 02:06 AM.

Looks amazing!... Is this the spray you recommended?
    http://www.toolrage.com/prodview.asp?sku=SEM-61023

Comment

Thank you. That's similar, and will probably work. I'll have to take a pic of the cans I have. They're in a black can and has a picture of an interior on it.

Comment

This must be it?
        http://www.amazon.com/SEM-Classic-Le.../dp/B004SIT740

Comment

Actually, I'm 90% sure it's this one

http://www.amazon.com/SEM-Paints-SEM...sim_sbs_auto_5

Comment

Dang $30 a can regularly? (List Price: $30.60 | Price: $12.80)

How many cans could I expect to use? 2-3?

Comment

I paid $14.95 per can at my autobody supply store. I think I went through about 4 cans, as I did 2 coats per piece I painted.

Comment

I think you did a great job! But please paint your glove box handle. And sem is a good product to use.

Comment

Those are all old pics. I have an original black SE glove box handle in there now. The last photo was taken on the weekend. The seatbelts are swapped, but I still have the maroon buckles. I'll spray them black next time I pull the seats out.

Comment

Damn looks like they came that way brand new!!! Very nice interior man! A+ job!
                    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

The insert on my driver's door isn't 100%. I cut it a little short on the top edge where it curves up below the door handle.

Either way though, I like the black tweed, and the chrome strip on the panels give it a little touch of luxury and retro style.

Comment

So did you spray the carpet as well?? Just wondering
                        WHEN LIFE PASSES YOU BY...DOWN SHIFT...

Comment

No, the carpet and dash are from an SE. I did however spray the carpet & speaker covers on the door panels.

Comment

Oh alright.. But you think it could work on the carpet as well? Cause I was thinking about that but i don't think it will look good.
                            WHEN LIFE PASSES YOU BY...DOWN SHIFT...

Comment

Looks Good I really like it and the chrome on the panels really sets it off

Comment

Working...
                              X