Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

18s on a 93 accord too big?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18s on a 93 accord too big?

I just bought a 93 accord witj 18s on it some friends of mine say they are too big for the car....i want 2 knwow if any body has 18s on their c car and what other people think about them?

Use big boy words and people will help you.

18s will fit. 19s will fit. As long as the offset is correct, and they aren't insanely wide. There are more things to consider than just the diameter of the wheels.

Comment

its all personal preference. Do what you think would work best. I have 18's on mines and they fit fine.

Here is how mines looks on 18's

Comment

18's fit fine I have 18's on mine....
        My 90 coupe Mr thread....
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

18's will look good if you can pull off the look. Imo get some 16's and at most 17's and throw on some decent sized tires and slam it
          1991 Accord Sedan LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173444
          1991 Accord Wagon LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=209652

Comment

I woulnt be able to tell u the size yet but I will look onto it..... I think its a decent size because I have been on the highway going 90 mph n it felt great.... Of course it has low profile tire and those bumpy roads can feel very harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by otto07 View Post
              its all personal preference. Do what you think would work best. I have 18's on mines and they fit fine.

Here is how mines looks on 18's

Yeah it looks great.... The clear coat on mine is falling off though...

Comment

ouch that sucks. mines are curbed bad. I'm deciding on a new set of rims to go with my drop. probably going with some 16x8 or 17x9

Comment

18s ftw

Comment

depends on the 18inch the offset....which can screw up..but it's worth the thing...just hate people running smaller rims these days!!!

VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                    1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                    MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
                      depends on the 18inch the offset....which can screw up..but it's worth the thing...just hate people running smaller rims these days!!!

YES totally agree... i have 18s on mine and idk why people here hate on 18s but i think they floss on these cars yea the 15s an 16s go hard on civics but c'mon people we are in a larger body car and if u do run smaller tires you have to really drop it get me ....... so im wit it ill have new pics up soon so come check me out

Comment

Originally posted by cb7inthe813 View Post
                        YES totally agree... i have 18s on mine and idk why people here hate on 18s but i think they floss on these cars yea the 15s an 16s go hard on civics but c'mon people we are in a larger body car and if u do run smaller tires you have to really drop it get me ....... so im wit it ill have new pics up soon so come check me out
                        i agree with the body size fact, i would prefer 16's or 17's(leaning more toward 17's)just because the lower profile tires wear out faster, and i cant afford to swap out tires as much..but 18's do look sexy on our Cb7

Comment

You seem to be having trouble with the English language, so I'll help you out.

A complete sentence includes a subject and a verb to create a complete thought, with maybe some adjectives and adverbs sprinkled in.

Sentences also contain punctuation and capitalization.

Real words do not have numbers in them.

Please remember this when making future posts.

Now, onto the real point of this thread. What looks good on our cars is all subject to personal opinion, but in my view, its all on a case-by-case basis. Eighteens have the potential to look really good or terrible on a cb7. Most of the time, its the latter. If the car is not sitting on the wheels right, especially if it isn't lowered at all, it just looks like a donk-ed out caprice. On the other hand, 18's can look great:

Go for it if you like the look, but be prepared to work at it to make it work right.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Right now, I'm tucking 15s, a bit, so, I'm pretty low. My brother has some 18 inch Konig Free Falls with a pretty decent lip, if the weather permits, I'll see if he'll let me throw em on and take some pics. I believe his tires are like 215/35/18. I have 17 inch rims for my car with 205/40/17.

I've been wanting to see how some 18s would look on my car for the longest time. If I like the way his look, I may pick up a set. And I agree, since our cars are "bigger" than Civics and Integras, I think anything smaller than a 16 inch rim looks goofy.

Comment

I have 20's on mine. Stock suspension

Comment

Working...
                              X