Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Xxr or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xxr or something else?

hey guys been trying to switch up my wheels setup but since our cars are mainly 4x100 . looking at these rims , look like xxr 002 but I see the bolt pattern seems to be 5x114. does anyone know who makes this rim? xxr has one exactly like it but only 4x100 ? any other brands with this rim?
    Attached Files

Something else. XXR is junk IMO. Look great but hit one little hole and they bend easy compared to OEM or others.

Comment

XXR is definitely junk. They’re well known for being cheap (both price and quality). I wouldn’t waste my money on them.

sadly, the market is absolutely flooded with low quality wheels. Especially in the 4x114.3 bolt pattern. We never had the greatest selection compared to 4x100, but it’s only gotten worse as newer cars shifted to 5 lug.

there are still some ok options by respectable manufacturers like OZ, Enkei, and Motegi. Even so, their less expensive options are still likely made in China or Taiwan. Not that quality can’t be produced in those countries under proper supervision. I’d trust a Chinese-produced quality name brand over a knockoff brand like XXR.
      the only knockoff brand I have some respect for is Rota. They seem to be better made than most of their competition. Still plenty of negative info regarding them floating around the internet, though.

Comment

I would probably put Rota on the same level as OZ and Motegi in terms of construction quality. Supposedly, they're an OEM wheel supplier for some of the big car brands, but I could see their aftermarket knock-off options being made more cheaply.

Comment

forgot to say that I am 5 lug swapped . just want something in that exact form since I couldn’t get rota rb’s or watanabe as that was my first choice

Comment

Is that style not available from a better manufacturer in your 5 lug pattern? You should have many more choices open to you with that swap!

Comment

For the Watanabe style (or pretty close), Enkei has their Compe wheel but they only offer one spec in 5x114.3, at 16x7 +38. At stock alignment on a CB you'll get a few mm of poke, so you'll need a tiny bit of extra camber or pulled fenders to flush it out. My 16x7 +40 wheels are pretty much perfectly flush (maybe a hair of poke) with the car lowered just 2". Lowered more would probably pull the wheel in that tiny bit as well, it did for me. These are a good price, and obviously their quality can be trusted. *ED. - Looks like they also offer 15x7 +38 in 5x114.3: https://enkei.com/shop/wheels/classic/compe/

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...atte-gunmetal/
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-12-2022, 01:39 PM.

Comment

thanks guys im probably gonma drop the watanabe type setup and go for some konig hypergrams

Comment

Working...
                X