Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Alpine type s 12 inch subwoofer equipment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine type s 12 inch subwoofer equipment question

Ok, I know nothing really about wiring and stuff but I just bought a 12inch Alpine type s subwoofer for $5 at a thrift store (may have been a bad choice, idk ). I just was wondering what additional eqipment I would need to get it to work. If ya need to know anything else to help me, ask. Please don't destroy me if I posted wrong or somthin. its my first real post and If I need to delete it just say so. Thnx guys

You need an amplifier and a box.

Comment

and besides that you need a 4 gauge wiring kit. i said 4 just in case you decide to upgrade your amp and sub later on.

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
      JANE 99 Infiniti i30
      2-9-11 - current
      "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

and a LOC or aftermarket HU

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

If the woofer works, you got a great deal. I'd hit up your local stereo store and see what they have for a box, that, or get a buddy to build you one, buying one from a stereo store can be expensive. Then you'll need to get an amp, either a mono or 2 channel amp, an amp kit, or, if it would be cheaper, you'll need roughly 20 feet of at least 8 gauge power wire, a remote wire *most any wire can be used for that* no more than 3 feet of ground wire and a set of RCA plugs. Then some speaker wire to go from the amp to the box. An aftermarket head unit would be easier, or, as mentioned above, a line out converter will work, that converts speaker wire into RCA outputs.

Comment

Working...
          X